Beasts, Men and Gods
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:21 pm 

I created an intro for BMG:

http://chateaudessortileges.blogspot.com/2011/07/beasts-men-gods-fantasy-rpg.html

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:01 pm 

Got mine today - nice job! Looking forward to reading through it this weekend.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:34 pm 

all that's left of my original is the spells section all separated but with bits of the original binding glue stuck on the edges.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:03 am 

Just a little bump, Bill Underwood was a guest at Texicon a couple weeks ago, and is still selling his game system in a new edition, it looked nice.

http://wunderwood.com/BMG/

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:00 pm 

I do hope he will republished Ice Tower of the Frozen Wind and the Geomorphic Wilderness.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:34 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:I do hope he will republished Ice Tower of the Frozen Wind and the Geomorphic Wilderness.

I believe he stated the Ice Tower would indeed by republished soon.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:21 pm 

Glad you bumped this thread. I had missed the release. Ordered my copy finally!!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:43 am 

Nine years later...

I have been thinking about releasing the PDF version of Beasts, Men & Gods and I finally decided to make that happen. You can download the PDF by going here:

http://wunderwood.com/BMG

I will probably put Ice Tower of the Frozen Wind out as a print on demand book some day on Amazon. Once I get that sorted out I will eventually distribute that as a free PDF as well, but I might wait awhile.

Some day I might even try to republish Geomorphic Wilderness Hexagons but I don't have an original version of that one. I do have a good copy of all of the tiles that had been cut out and then scanned. Thanks to whoever did that for me! I confess that I have now forgotten your name, but I think it's earlier in this thread?

If anyone has some good ideas about how to get the word out to the 2 (or possibly 3!) people that would like the PDF version of this 40+ year old game, please let me know!

Thank you to all of the people that have supported this project from the early days of tabletop role play.

Warm Regards,

===Bill Underwood===
[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:59 am 

Welcome back, Bill.
It was I who sent you the scans.
Glad you got around to publishing BMG.

You could post the PDF and offer Print on Demand on DrivethruRPG. It has a much higher traffic of people looking for RPGs, and you still have the option of giving the PDF away for free. It's also one of the default go-to sites for legitimate free stuff when people are looking for a new ruleset to try out, and it gets a lot of Google hits (but then so does Amazon.)

Regarding promoting your work... Maybe comp a hardcopy to Grognard or one or two of the more notable bloggers. I don't know who the influencers are these days, but someone here may have ideas on that. Also maybe Ben Milton (Questing Beast) although maybe the product is too lengthy and not as colourful as his usual reviews, and he does get inundated with free stuff to review.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:12 pm 

That's a great suggestion about DriveThruRPG. I'll try to get something up there soon. And thanks again for the scans on Geomorphic Wilderness Hexagons. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:16 pm 

underdog wrote in Beasts, Men and Gods:That's a great suggestion about DriveThruRPG. I'll try to get something up there soon. And thanks again for the scans on Geomorphic Wilderness Hexagons. :)

:D  Glad I could have helped. It's been a while.

With Print on Demand on Amazon, as the Author, do you get the opportunity to buy at cost? I read somewhere that you can buy  boxloads and a you only pay Amazon's costs + shipping, and that they don't take profit on what you buy yourself. If that's the case you can buy your own stock, sign and number them, and either sell them directly as signed/numbered, or send them to one of the resellers here here that has a stall at North Texas RPG Con, GaryCon, etc.

Even if you just cover your costs, you'll be getting your book, hardback, onto the shelves of collectors and possible players.

Just another possibility.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext