Piazo - Tegel Manor
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:47 pm 

Hey Guys,

Has anyone heard about the new release of Tegel Manor by Piazo.  I know they were shooting for a summer release.  Just wondered if anyone heard anything at Gencon or elsewhere about when i can pick one of these up?

I am currently looking for all printings/editons of this wonderful mod.  Anyone got an extra I can buy?

Martin

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:48 pm 

Its a Necromancer Games release, with Paizo having just formed a partnership with NG. Unless, of course, there is no more NG...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:04 pm 

I think I read over on the Judges Guild Forum that they were going to hold off release until 4.0 is out instead of printing out a bunch of 3.5 editions just before 4.0 cames out.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:06 pm 

Thanks Guys,

They've been working on this project since 2003 (if my info is correct).  Seems like it just should not take that long.  Now we have to wait another year.  Does not seem like these guys have their know what they're doing.

Martin

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:11 pm 

Thanks Guys,

They've been working on this project since 2003 (if my info is correct).  Seems like it just should not take that long.  Now we have to wait another year.  Does not seem like these guys know what they're doing.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:10 pm 

I think the project was more or less ready for this year but with the expectation of a D&D 4.0 there is no point of putting it out for 3.5 and doing a big print run only to end up having to discount it heavily within a year when 4.0 comes out or deal with slumping sales because people will prefer to buy 4.0 stuff.

I think waiting and releasing it as one of the first 4.0 modules is just good business sense.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:24 pm 

Mars wrote:I think waiting and releasing it as one of the first 4.0 modules is just good business sense.

I hate to just make a "me too!" post, but a) it's never stopped me before :D and b) I've got to agree here.

Someone goes and picks up the 4e books, but they want something to run until they've studied the books enough to feel comfortable creating their own campaign/scenarios, and would you look over there... :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:45 pm 

Yeah, talked a little with Piazo at GenCon..both them and Necromancer will have a conference call sometime to get things done.
As for Tegel I suspect it'll go to 4.0, but then I don't know. Only problem if it does is it'll then have to be updated again since Melan has it as 3.x ready now.
It'll be released though, don't let anyone say otherwise :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:03 pm 

Plaag wrote:Yeah, talked a little with Piazo at GenCon..both them and Necromancer will have a conference call sometime to get things done.
As for Tegel I suspect it'll go to 4.0, but then I don't know. Only problem if it does is it'll then have to be updated again since Melan has it as 3.x ready now.
It'll be released though, don't let anyone say otherwise :)

ShaneG.

its still blasphemy....

:)

Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:01 pm 

I'll buy the Tegel Manor from Necromancer, but only if it has a giant shrew in it. More reason to be salty that I missed GenCon...

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:58 am 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:I'll buy the Tegel Manor from Necromancer, but only if it has a giant shrew in it. More reason to be salty that I missed GenCon...

dude, you really did miss a helluva lot of fun.

Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:33 am 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:I'll buy the Tegel Manor from Necromancer, but only if it has a giant shrew in it. More reason to be salty that I missed GenCon...

It has the giant shrew, and the purple (mottled) worm in the 20' by 20' (IIRC) room. I hope you can reast easily now.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:16 am 

Melan wrote:It has the giant shrew, and the purple (mottled) worm in the 20' by 20' (IIRC) room. I hope you can reast easily now.

yes the worm encounter is a fun one waiting to happen as well - sadly they didnt get to there as i had a great encounter lined up :)

ah well they always have next year  :twisted:

Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:37 pm 

Latest news from the Necromancer Games forum is that they have permission from Bob (via one of his sons) to do this module for 4e.  Also, WotC has just announced that 4e will have a GSL and so 3rd parties will be able to produce products for it.  NG is planning to get Tegel out as one of their first 4e offerings.  Won't be out in time for Gencon.  Earliest possiblity is October (Halloween?!?)

I"ve been watching this project for a number of years.  I was wondering what was going on.  If you go to the NG forums, in the Judges Guild section you will see a statement from Bob's family that he has cancer.  We don't know how long he will be with us.   Very Sad news for all of us.  Hopefully he will be around long enough to see Tegel make it to the press.  I know Clark from NG sees this as a labor of love.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:25 am 

Prufrock wrote:I am currently looking for all printings/editons of this wonderful mod.

Martin

Great....just great.  They got to you didnt they Martin?  8O   Why Al?  Why Shane?  Why do you people have to turn normal, freewilled, happy-go-lucky collectors like Martin into rabid, fanatic, "gotta have 'em all"- type collectors?  Martin was an innocent....now you have corrupted him into some sort of freak.  I am just so damn disappointed.  :P

By the way....you're spelling Paizo wrong.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:19 am 

You say Piazo, I say Paizo...

:lol:

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:47 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Great....just great.  They got to you didnt they Martin?  8O   Why Al?  Why Shane?  Why do you people have to turn normal, freewilled, happy-go-lucky collectors like Martin into rabid, fanatic, "gotta have 'em all"- type collectors?  Martin was an innocent....now you have corrupted him into some sort of freak.  I am just so damn disappointed.  :P

By the way....you're spelling Paizo wrong.  :wink:

We got to you, even though you deny it.  Make your daily save vs. compulsion :twisted:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:18 pm 

but tho it DOES help that the adventure is very cool. not sure how it will interpret with such a modern look, but will be interesting to hear.

Al