Collecting Homebrew Material
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:49 am 

I can't find the old thread regarding Homebrew materials, so I created this thread.  This isn't necessarily a Classified thread, though Foul can move it there if he wants.

I had a weak moment yesterday and bought the first edition Gamma World.  The booklet has staple rust and pencil markings (and now extra staple holes).  The box is dished.  The map is OK but well-used.  The only reason I bought the set was because of the homebrew materials.

The previous owner left some materials in the box:

. . . drawings of a lifting device/crane
. . . a small outdoor map
. . . a page of small indoor maps
. . . 3x5 cards of characters
. . . typewritten sheets of magic spells with all of them literally "X"-ed out with pencil and pen

The previous owner spent a little time creating the stuff listed above, so I figured that I save it.  Does anyone want this as a relic of someone's Gamma World adventure?  Is there a certain Acaeum member who collects homebrews?  This homebrew lot has no campaign notes, no adventure notes, basically just some drawings and character records.

[Edit: OK, it's been claimed, and not by Ian.]

Last edited by JohnGaunt on Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:00 am 

Ian used to collect homebrew stuff all the time, although it was D&D stuff not Gamma World stuff.  He also hasn't been around much lately.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:31 am 

bclarkie wrote:Ian used to collect homebrew stuff all the time, although it was D&D stuff not Gamma World stuff.  He also hasn't been around much lately.

I'm on the US side o' the pond, but surely more than one person collects homebrew materials stateside.

Someone at DF was pondering the creation of a homebrew D&D website.  Legal issues aside, such a site would be a wonderful, nostalgic place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:29 pm 

I've got tons of stuff like this, of hugely varying quality, that has come with job lots over the years. Nothing really stands out, but I love that it is a snapshot of the lives of people (people like me to boot!) from years gone by.

(And if I ever need a pregenerated character with 6 ability scores over 16 and a vorpal blade I've always got plenty to choose from :D )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.