In Praise of Role Aids
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:07 pm 

We tend to rate modules based upon our memories and experiences with them.  There must be someone who has great memories about a Role Aids product.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:14 pm 

I just got a bunch of this stuff from here:

http://www.mayfairgames.com/shop-specia ... fg-ra.html

Some of these have different covers than my older ones... didn't know they did that.

Last edited by TheMilford on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:19 pm 

Munafik wrote:I am considering purchasing the Role Aids modules Pinnacle and Dragons of Weng T'sen, and was just wondering if they are any good? I am especially curious about the latter, because for some reason it tends to command a premium price.

I enjoyed Pinnacle and even ran it in my campaign waaaaay back when. It was a nice break from the usual adventures. Shipwrecker is always in a campaign of mine and the most fun I ever had was using part of the Giants sourcebook/adventures. As someone else on here with a lot of wisdom put it ... it is all about how you run the adventure, not neccesarily the content. Role Aids did some stuff very well and other stuff not so well. Kind of like every other company out there in my opinion.

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:33 am 

TheMilford wrote:I just got a bunch of this stuff from here:

http://www.mayfairgames.com/shop-specia ... fg-ra.html

Some of these have different covers than my older ones... didn't know they did that.

This sale still seems to be going on. It's worth it if you just want t have this stuff for reference.

I loved playing Clockwork Mage. My 13th Brithday, my Aunt DMed for us one last time before she moved away to Arizona. It was Awesome!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:23 am 

TheMilford wrote:This sale still seems to be going on.

Kinda-sorta.

The page still shows all of the packages, but if you try to order most of them, you get an out of stock error. The only package still in stock is the Source & Background set.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:30 am 

I bet they have some singles left if you contact them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:22 pm 

Here's a bump...

Is the To Hell and Back set worthwhile to pickup? I noticed some of the sellers on Amazon have it jacked up to around $50 or more.

btw, did Mayfair go out of business? for some reason their site doesn't seem to come up...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:17 pm 

misterspock wrote:Here's a bump...

Is the To Hell and Back set worthwhile to pickup? I noticed some of the sellers on Amazon have it jacked up to around $50 or more.

btw, did Mayfair go out of business? for some reason their site doesn't seem to come up...

Don't pay $50 for it, that's for sure!  I haven't read through yet, but the nice copy I just bought for $0.06 arrived the other day.  Looks okay.  Realistically, it's a $10-20 box set.

Their site loaded for me.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:33 pm 

Thanks!

Previous