First Edition Goodman Games DCC available at Gen Con 2007
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:46 pm 

Saga rocks. Thanks for bringing it to us, John. Are there any plans to do more 1e material? With the unavoidable lull that the transition to 4e is sure to bring, this seems like an optimum time for AD&D filler.*

*Not really "filler," of course, when what we really want is the filler.    :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:57 am 

goatboy wrote:Saga rocks. Thanks for bringing it to us, John. Are there any plans to do more 1e material? With the unavoidable lull that the transition to 4e is sure to bring, this seems like an optimum time for AD&D filler.*

*Not really "filler," of course, when what we really want is the filler.    :twisted:

Thank you, goatboy, for your positive response.  As I've said elsewhere, we're all pleased with how the Saga adventure compilation turned out.

More First Edition conversions - I certainly hope we can do more in the future.  At this point, I think (my opinion here, based upon correspondence with Goodman Games) we're probably going to see the DCC 1E conversions only as Gen Con special releases.  It is just the nature of things in the industry at this point (ie, WotC has not opened up AD&D under the OGL or something similar).

I do have a list of DCCs I'd like to convert from D&D 3.x to First Edition AD&D someday.  I've posted this short list here at the Acaeum as well as over at Dragonsfoot.  Of course, that is just my "wish list" at this point.  :wink:

[Edited to add my short list of DCCs I'd like to convert some day, from a post I made on Dragonsfoot last November.  Note that Saga took care of two of the DCCs on the list.]

Here is my "short" list of other DCC's that I'm planning on converting to 1E (in no particular order). <snip> I have already started on all four of these.

DCC #12 Blackguards Revenge
DCC #17 Legacy of the Savage Kings
DCC #17.5 War of the Witch Queen
DCC #13 Crypt of the Devil Lich

When I'm done with those, I'd like to try converting these DCC's next, assuming I'm not totally burned out.

DCC #25 Dead Crypt of Sirhoz
DCC #32 Golden Palace of Zahadran
DCC #16 Curse of the Emerald Cobra
DCC #15 Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen

As for "filler" during the lull between the announcement of 4th Edition D&D and the first releases under 4th Edition, you might be right.  There will definately be some delays in certain product lines due to the new edition of D&D.  Unfortunately, I don't know that Goodman Games is preparted to do special 1E convention releases for conventions other than Gen Con.  But, it is a great question and deserves some thought.  

Thanks again for your interest in Saga of the Witch Queen.

tacojohn4547

Previous