First Edition Goodman Games DCC available at Gen Con 2007
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:04 am 

Hello Acaeum regulars,

I hope you'll pardon the commercial post, but we thought the AD&D community here at The Acaeum Forums might be interested in this announcement.

At next month's Gen Con, Goodman Games will have available for sale a new First Edition version Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure called Saga of the Witch Queen.  

This DCC adventure, or more accurately this DCC adventure compilation, is the product of the combined efforts of well known DCC author Harley Stroh and myself, lowly First Edition dungeon master Jon Hershberger.  Harley and I have pulled together Dungeon Crawl Classics #17 Legacy of the Savage Kings and #17.5 War of the Witch Queen, added a bridging adventure called The Lost Passage of the Drow, and converted the whole thing to First Edition.  

The conversion to First Edition is every bit as complete, if not more so, than last year's 1E version of DCC #12.5 Iron Crypt of the Heretics.  The monster and NPC stat blocks have been replaced with First Edition standard stat blocks (there are a few "improved" monsters whose 1E stats have been taken up a notch), spells and spell lists have been replaced by their First Edition predecessors (with a few new spells listed out like you'd see in the PHB), the DC mechanics have been replaced by standard First Edition rules mechanics, and the magic items have been converted or replaced by their First Edition versions.  

This DCC adventure compilation will be 80 pages, and will be available at booth #2615.  Goodman Games has committed to have plenty of copies on hand for the convention.  However, they are going to limit purchases at the convention to two (2) copies per person.  If you're interested, be sure to come by the booth. Early is probably better, especially considering the availability of this year's Gen Con special.  

If you're unable to attend Gen Con, or miss out on this DCC compilation, Goodman Games will be making this available for order from the online store for a limited time following Gen Con.  

Here's the link to the Goodman Games website, where the cover preview has now been posted:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2204

Jon Hershberger
tacojohn4547

###

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:10 am 

tacojohn4547 wrote:Hello Acaeum regulars,

I hope you'll pardon the commercial post, but we thought the AD&D community here at The Acaeum Forums might be interested in this announcement.

At next month's Gen Con, Goodman Games will have available for sale a new First Edition version Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure called Saga of the Witch Queen.  

This DCC adventure, or more accurately this DCC adventure compilation, is the product of the combined efforts of well known DCC author Harley Stroh and myself, lowly First Edition dungeon master Jon Hershberger.  Harley and I have pulled together Dungeon Crawl Classics #17 Legacy of the Savage Kings and #17.5 War of the Witch Queen, added a bridging adventure called The Lost Passage of the Drow, and converted the whole thing to First Edition.  

The conversion to First Edition is every bit as complete, if not more so, than last year's 1E version of DCC #12.5 Iron Crypt of the Heretics.  The monster and NPC stat blocks have been replaced with First Edition standard stat blocks (there are a few "improved" monsters whose 1E stats have been taken up a notch), spells and spell lists have been replaced by their First Edition predecessors (with a few new spells listed out like you'd see in the PHB), the DC mechanics have been replaced by standard First Edition rules mechanics, and the magic items have been converted or replaced by their First Edition versions.  

This DCC adventure compilation will be 80 pages, and will be available at booth #2615.  Goodman Games has committed to have plenty of copies on hand for the convention.  However, they are going to limit purchases at the convention to two (2) copies per person.  If you're interested, be sure to come by the booth. Early is probably better, especially considering the availability of this year's Gen Con special.  

If you're unable to attend Gen Con, or miss out on this DCC compilation, Goodman Games will be making this available for order from the online store for a limited time following Gen Con.  

Here's the link to the Goodman Games website, where the cover preview has now been posted:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2204

Jon Hershberger
tacojohn4547

###

Great, more than 80 copies!!!!! :D

Actually, the Witch Queen series are some of the better of the DCC line, so these should work great as 1st ed.  Very nice, we'll be there!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:41 am 

Hooray!!!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:54 am 

sounds really good!

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:49 am 

Fantastic! Sounds like a really smart move all around. Picking 2 of the best adventures in the line, bringing plenty of copies, restricted to 2 per customer, and making it available afterwards for a limited time. I agree 100% with everything there!  :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:58 am 

Fantastic news,

Looks like they've definitely taken on board the critisms from last year and turned it around.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:04 am 

I'll buy one! :)

--Jeff T.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:15 pm 

Nice cover art. Shame it wasn't one of the classic artists though. :) :) :)

I'm looking forward to picking this one up. Iron Crypt did a great job of capturing some of the particulars of First Edition play; we can probably expect Saga to do the same.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:16 pm 

To clarify, there is NEW content, too right?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:50 pm 

goatboy wrote:To clarify, there is NEW content, too right?

added a bridging adventure called The Lost Passage of the Drow

Yes....by the way...this kicks ass.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:16 pm 

Woo Hoo..now I don't have to be the jerk for picking up most of the copies, and won't have to spend time shipping :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:42 pm 

Plaag wrote:Woo Hoo..now I don't have to be the jerk for picking up most of the copies, and won't have to spend time shipping :)

ShaneG.

Woo Hoo...now I do not have to beg and plead for someone to go and pick a copy up for me... :D

I even though of going down to GenCon for one day just to get the module...

May still go down for one day...maybe..if I can get the time off...maybe... :(

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:00 pm 

Plaag wrote:Woo Hoo..now I don't have to be the jerk for picking up most of the copies, and won't have to spend time shipping :)

ShaneG.

You were never a jerk for doing that. You earned yourself many a Godfather-style mafia favour - which you may reclaim from any of the beneficieries in the future.  :D

Horse's head?  No problem!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:39 am 

You mean I can't buy 30% of the run again :wink:
:scratch:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:09 am 

Blackmoor wrote:You mean I can't buy 30% of the run again :wink:
:scratch:

Of course you can ...someone put this fellow down for at least 300 copies in September.  :)

Cheers!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:57 pm 

islestrike wrote:
Of course you can ...someone put this fellow down for at least 300 copies in September.  :)

*laugh*

I know it isn't much a collecting-related question, but can you offer any spoilers regarding the adventure, Tacojohn?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:39 am 

Man, you gotta love that cover.  Really nice!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:57 pm 

I like the cover...mono cover is a nice touch...including traditional witch queen in teddy, cape and boot!

Nice that Goodman is a company that learns fast and moves fast.  When I read the online forum referenced here it is clear that they listen to their customers.  

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Next