Ruins World CCG / RPG
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:06 am 

Does anyone have any idea where one might track down this game, released during the height of the CCG craze (ie, late 90s)? It is, basically, a CCG crossed with a RPG where you can play solo or co-op, as a party, or you can even split off (not suggested as you quickly die.) I've found a mostly complete list of the cards (I know its incomplete because I have cards not on the list), and I believe it was released by a company called Medallion. What I would like, to start, is a complete actual list of the cards available, and then, a way to purchase the booster boxes.

If this post should not be made, please delete it, but I was told it might be ok.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:40 am 

Card List

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:38 am 

These cards are extremely hard to find.  Even when the set was released, I don't know if it ever was produced in large numbers.  I remember purchasing a box of cards a year or two after the game came out.  I looked all over the internet and finally found a store in Alaska with a boxes of cards.

Originally, a thought the game was listed as being produced in boosters and starter decks, but I have only heard of starter decks being produced.

I once contacted the developer of the game to get a card list and even they did not have a complete card list any longer.

I too agree that the card lists are incomplete as I also have cards that aren't listed.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:49 pm 

I seem to recall there were booster packs, at one point, but they may have stopped being produced. At the time, a friend owned a comic store and he carried the stuff, which is how I got into the game (my collection was actually given to me, because I was the only one who liked the game... they just wanted to play Magic.) Interesting info, and yeah... this game is very hard to find. Most people I talk to have no idea it ever existed.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:19 am 

For those interested..

http://www.arielarchives.com/wiki/index ... uins_World

I have created a page for this game. I have put up the full rules as well as scans of 190 of the 206 cards I think probably exist...

If you have some cards please see drop by and compare you collection. I am also interested in trading or buying the 16 cards not scanned yet (or any other that isnot listed)..

The cards I'm after are: Bridge Out, Caravan Duty, Cave Slug, Dust Storm, Dwarf Warrior, Festival, Fire Storm, Hall of Heroes, Human Cleric, Invisibility Rune, Initiative Rune, Missile Rune, Ring of Quicksilver, Ring of Strength, Small Horde, Zaric.

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:51 am 

Perhaps good news for me on this front. I have gotten in touch with some people from back then who may still have their cards. If so, I may be able to obtain them to hopefully complete the set. I do know there are at least 200 cards, 10 or so of which are just slightly modified versions (different numbers on them or different art). I also know I have about 200 different cards... and I have some that Brett appears to not have. Maybe this can finally be put to rest and I can be happy with it. Heh.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 am 

Looks like I now have listed the complete set..

215 cards in total..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.