Delta Green Eyes Only high UK postage = save via grodog?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:03 am 

g026r wrote:
And I still had to go into work yesterday. :(

As a side note, I see they're already down to less than 90 of the non-preorder copies left.

Honestly if I had the cash right now I'd buy a couple more...beautiful product!  

I'll predict they'll reprint this..but certainly not during the holidays, and maybe not until next summer.

In the meantime I have extra copies I'm going to put up on Ebay..for a considerable sum...when Arcdream sells out.  This is the closest thing to an instant collectible I've ever seen. My advice is to get one now for the bargain price of $40.....you have been warned!
 Now if we could only get Bottle City before Christmas....!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:37 am 

Badmike wrote:Now if we could only get Bottle City before Christmas....!

I don't know what going on there, Mike.  Rob's alive, I had someone confirm that last night in person, but he's still not doing well health-wise.  Hopefully I'll hear more from Rob directly, soon   :(

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:42 am 

Badmike wrote:In the meantime I have extra copies I'm going to put up on Ebay..for a considerable sum...when Arcdream sells out.  This is the closest thing to an instant collectible I've ever seen. My advice is to get one now for the bargain price of $40.....you have been warned!

I actually did cave in and pick one up over the weekend.  (Got my shipping confirmation Tuesday.)  If I had had the cash (and shipping to Canada didn't take such huge jumps as you added items), I probably would have picked up a few more just to resell.

I can see these going for a fair amount (and I also can see a reprint being done at some point in the future).

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:26 am 

grodog wrote:
I don't know what going on there, Mike.  Rob's alive, I had someone confirm that last night in person, but he's still not doing well health-wise.  Hopefully I'll hear more from Rob directly, soon   :(

I have to admit I'm frustrated, but more than that, worried about Rob at this point.  Anyone not able to go to the post office the last month has to be very ill.  I know this sounds crazy, but has he seen a doctor????  Because I know how sometimes older people get when it comes to health and doctors, and if he is trying to self-medicate something like the flu or a infection it just isn't going to get any better.  Hope he does get better...

Also, someone needs to tell/demonstrate to him he can ship from his house, without having to leave his room if he wants.  If he doesn't want to print out postage, he can order stamps online, have them shipped to his house, put stamps on the packages, and have the USPS pick them up at his house.  Several years ago I broke both thumbs, a wrist, and fractured an elbow. I was not only able to still ship from my house, I actually got CAUGHT UP on shipping due to being at home all day with nothing else to do...the USPS has really made it very easy to ship under any circumstances.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:40 am 

Badmike wrote:Several years ago I broke both thumbs, a wrist, and fractured an elbow.

Both thumbs eh?  That must have been one horrific Playstation accident.  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:42 pm 

Badmike wrote:Also, someone needs to tell/demonstrate to him he can ship from his house, without having to leave his room if he wants.  If he doesn't want to print out postage, he can order stamps online, have them shipped to his house, put stamps on the packages, and have the USPS pick them up at his house.  Several years ago I broke both thumbs, a wrist, and fractured an elbow. I was not only able to still ship from my house, I actually got CAUGHT UP on shipping due to being at home all day with nothing else to do...the USPS has really made it very easy to ship under any circumstances.

If you have some pointers to where the USPS details such services, I'll happily forward them when he and I finally reconnect.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:24 pm 

grodog wrote:
If you have some pointers to where the USPS details such services, I'll happily forward them when he and I finally reconnect.

Allen, USPS.com is really the place to go. The number to call should be on the website. They are always very helpful when I call for supplies or information.  As long as someone has a scale at home, they can use the charts on USPS.com to price the items by weight. You can order stamps, free packaging materials (for priority mail only), and set up a pickup time for your local postal carrier.  If he has some means to print out postage it's even easier, he can pay for the postage online through paypal, print it out, and affix it to the envelopes.  

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:58 pm 

Thanks, I'll call, and will see what ordering/leasing a scale costs.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:22 pm 

grodog wrote:Thanks, I'll call, and will see what ordering/leasing a scale costs.

IIRC, Rob doesn't use flat rate priority stuff. If he has the packing supplies there, it shouldn't be a problem, I would guess he does.  So it seems to me all he needs is a scale, some means of applying postage, and a scheduled pickup.  He can put together the packages, weigh them, use the online USPS site to figure out postage (all you have to do is enter your zip and their zip), afix the postage, and call the local PO for a daily pickup.  Once he gets this going it will get easier to do over time.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:29 pm 

The USPS sells postal scales for about $40.  

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... gory=11820

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:13 am 

Thanks guys.  In my chat with Rob tonight, he did say that he's aware of the USPS pickup/etc. services, and that the issue is his energy-level/health rather than ability to leverage USPS (the post office is only a 1/2 mile away, apparently).  Anyway, I'll do some digging later in the week (and perhaps get him the scale for Christmas...).  Thanks again for the help/assistance/ideas!

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:26 am 

grodog wrote:Thanks guys.  In my chat with Rob tonight, he did say that he's aware of the USPS pickup/etc. services, and that the issue is his energy-level/health rather than ability to leverage USPS (the post office is only a 1/2 mile away, apparently).  Anyway, I'll do some digging later in the week (and perhaps get him the scale for Christmas...).  Thanks again for the help/assistance/ideas!

Thanks for keeping us informed Allan...I know you worked hard on the project and I can't wait to see it (the Gencon copy doesn't count, I only got to flip through it!).  Hopefully Rob will be feeling better soon.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:53 pm 

Only 28 copies left as of the 10th :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:07 pm 

Still waiting for mine to be delivered after receiving the shipping notice on the 27th of Nov.   :evil:

edit: Well, the slow delivery has given me extra time to work on my next Chaosium monograph "Mysteries of Tibet".

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:15 pm 

It shown up yet, Jason?

If it hasn't, I'd assume it will be soon.  Friend of mine got his late last week, and he also got a shipping notification on the 27th.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:53 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Honestly if I had the cash right now I'd buy a couple more...beautiful product!  

I'll predict they'll reprint this..but certainly not during the holidays, and maybe not until next summer.

In the meantime I have extra copies I'm going to put up on Ebay..for a considerable sum...when Arcdream sells out.  This is the closest thing to an instant collectible I've ever seen. My advice is to get one now for the bargain price of $40.....you have been warned!
 Now if we could only get Bottle City before Christmas....!

Mike B.

Instant collectible:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I waited until they sold out...listed it...sold immediately. I noticed another dealer has one up for the same amount.  I just put another of my copies up, we'll see if they can sustain this price....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:19 pm 

g026r wrote:It shown up yet, Jason?

If it hasn't, I'd assume it will be soon.  Friend of mine got his late last week, and he also got a shipping notification on the 27th.

No, it is still not here. I sent Shane Ivey at Arcdream an email on Friday and have not yet had a response from him.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:59 pm 

I ordered one on Dec 6th  and got it within a week!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

PreviousNext