Role Aids Rares
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:41 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Kobold is 184, Blasted is 383. I believe the Nanorien is green and the Fez is brown.

...odd: my nanorien is blue and my fez is green...  8O

...how many colour are there? and, moreover, are the colour meaningful or have they randomly used?!?!  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:14 am 

There are at least two colors for Fez and Nanorien. There was a Blasted Lands (or was it beastie) with a yellow cover a short while back.
The green Fez and blue Nano are the standard colors.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:07 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:There are at least two colors for Fez and Nanorien. There was a Blasted Lands (or was it beastie) with a yellow cover a short while back.
The green Fez and blue Nano are the standard colors.

Frank why not just offer them here on The Acaeum?  You would have plenty of interested parties.  I just sold my Beastmaker here about a year ago; I think I just asked everyone to send me their highest bid and the high one got it (Maybe I priced them, can't remember). That way they go to people you know will appreciate them, you'll get the amount you want, and you save money on ebay listing and selling fees. Frankly the winner will probably end up being an Acaeum member anyway....just cut out the middle man.

Mike  B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:15 am 

Possible stupid question alert: Has anyone actually seen a shrinkwrapped Nanorien Stones that didn't have a blue cover?  Or a shrinkwrapped Beastmaker that didn't have a red cover?  I havent looked at my Fez in awhile but IIRC there isn't any title information anywhere on the folder outside or inside...just the Role Aids name and logo.  How does anyone know that a green cover Nanorien isnt the result of some jackhole switching the blue cover for the green Fez cover just to be different or to get more money for their item because it is a "rare" abberation?

Does anyone have any documented information that this was done intentionally or otherwise by the publisher?

As for the brown Fez....maybe someone accidentally mixed the green and red ink that day at the printer.  :wink:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:26 pm 

- There was a Blasted Lands (or was it beastie) with a yellow cover a short while back.

beastmaker

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:02 pm 

there aint no way i am parting with kobold hall or blasted land. would never get my hands on them again ever.

i have 2 Fez's now woohoo. Stephens was first then i got another a few weeks later and i got nanorien a short while ago.

beastmaker i have is nice too.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:42 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Possible stupid question alert: Has anyone actually seen a shrinkwrapped Nanorien Stones that didn't have a blue cover?  Or a shrinkwrapped Beastmaker that didn't have a red cover?  I havent looked at my Fez in awhile but IIRC there isn't any title information anywhere on the folder outside or inside...just the Role Aids name and logo.  How does anyone know that a green cover Nanorien isnt the result of some jackhole switching the blue cover for the green Fez cover just to be different or to get more money for their item because it is a "rare" abberation?

Does anyone have any documented information that this was done intentionally or otherwise by the publisher?

As for the brown Fez....maybe someone accidentally mixed the green and red ink that day at the printer.  :wink:

Actually there is one way to know the folders go Nanorien blue, Beastmaker red, and Fez green if it has the product list sheet. Each of them has a product list on one side and modules information (much like the backs of old TSR mod with a pic and description) in the color that matches the folder.
I'd be interested in knowing if the alternate colored folders have this sheet (and getting a pic of both sides - no not for another subweb ;) )
Course Kobold Hall and Blasted lands I don't think have this product list sheet (mine don't and I don't recall an auction of them including one).

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:36 pm 

I seem to recall my Kobold having a product list sheet, but even if it did, would it not be possible that it was transferred to the KH from another module?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:28 pm 

I'll have to pull my copies out tonight, now, to look and see which is which re: product list colors :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:47 pm 

bombadil wrote:I seem to recall my Kobold having a product list sheet, but even if it did, would it not be possible that it was transferred to the KH from another module?

Beastmaker, Nanorien Stones and Fez all have descriptions on the front of the sheets so they can not be transfered to any other module. Not sure about one in the Kobold Hall and Blasted Lands as I've said, but for it to be transferable with another Kobold Hall or another Blasted Lands then it would have to be single sided (and they'd both have to match, another thing with the 3 later folder ones, their product lists go in chronological order with what is released and what is soon to be.)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:53 pm 

Well, it's not pretty but here is a Fez 1 and product list with brown folder:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:57 pm 

I wonder how long it was at the bottom of Loch Ness before he decided to sell it.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:03 pm 

Sell the Kobald Hall to me and list the rest on Ebay :D

Hey it was wortha try anyway 8)

Good luck and let us know when you get around to listing them.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:19 am 

I do realize it would be someone from here who wins, but I've always been a little gunshy about the silent auction thing. It kind of strikes me as money-grubbing. Don't get me wrong, I am not an eBay fan, but at least with that venue you can see what is going on.
I didn't get to it last night, had to drive 200 miles to take a Cisco test, but I will this weekend.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:33 am 

bombadil wrote:I wonder how long it was at the bottom of Loch Ness before he decided to sell it.

Apparently aia is not only a D&D collector but also a limnologist.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:07 pm 

grodog wrote:I'll have to pull my copies out tonight, now, to look and see which is which re: product list colors :D

Didn't get to this before I left for San Diego and San Jose this morning, so it'll have to wait for next weekend.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:00 pm 

Well, I posted them tonight. A brown Fez and a green Nanorien in the lot. I read through each one; I had forgotten how good they actually are!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:42 am 

Looking at Frank's Kobold Hall auction, it just occurred to me that the one I sold a while ago was in an orange folder.  Actually, it was sort of reddish-orange.

Let mirth prevail!

PreviousNext