Chill - French RPG
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:40 am 

howdy! is there any of the french memeber of the community who is able to provide me any info on this RPG? ...even french lins are fine (i am able to understand french!)

i found a couple of adventure modules and i wonder if it is worth or not to buy them...

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:25 am 

Is this different from the English version of Chill produced by Pacesetter then sold to Mayfair?  I have a copy on my shelf but have never had a chance to read it through but out of all the Pacesetter items, it was the one that got sold and expanded on by another company so it can't be too bad, right?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:29 pm 

The Pacesetter version is an excellent game. Certainly it is the best of the Pacesetter games, though Sandman was sweet.

I can't imigane the French version is different.

Anyway, it is a good read.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:18 pm 

Howdy, salut Aia :)

There are 2 french editions for Chill. First from Schmidt, then Oriflam.
Schmidt is the oldest, and matchs the Pacesetter version. I have got the first one.

Here is a link for a comparative english / french listing.
Hope that helps.

ABCdaire Chill

There is more items matching the first edition (pacesetter) than the second.

I don't think that there is much excitement around Chill on ebay France, but maybe Loki will give you more informations.

Loki, s'il te plaît...

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:26 am 

le Rahib wrote:Howdy, salut Aia :)

There are 2 french editions for Chill. First from Schmidt, then Oriflam.
Schmidt is the oldest, and matchs the Pacesetter version. I have got the first one.

Here is a link for a comparative english / french listing.
Hope that helps.

ABCdaire Chill

There is more items matching the first edition (pacesetter) than the second.

I don't think that there is much excitement around Chill on ebay France, but maybe Loki will give you more informations.

Loki, s'il te plaît...

salut le rahib! tnx for the nice link! well, i had a look to the webpage and found that the adventure modules i found were matching with the edition with the "S" mulitcolored as logo... dont really know if there any difference... anyway, i was interested in those items simmply because i understand french and they are SWed! :D

any suggestion? what should be a fair price for them?

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:10 pm 

aia wrote:
salut le rahib! tnx for the nice link! well, i had a look to the webpage and found that the adventure modules i found were matching with the edition with the "S" mulitcolored as logo... dont really know if there any difference... anyway, i was interested in those items simmply because i understand french and they are SWed! :D

any suggestion? what should be a fair price for them?

Hard to say.
You can quite easily find those modules for 5 or 6 Euros each.
So, if the are SW, I would say 7 Euros is a good price, and 10 Euros is already to high for me.
I bought some of them, and played them a long time ago; some are interesting, Tournée Mortelle is very funny for example. Well, that was what I was thinking when I was 12 or 15 years old...   :wink:

Good luck!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:36 pm 

Chill is one of the first game I played. It is a very interesting game, between CoC and the french RPG Maléfices.

There is no differences between french and US edition :) I had the 2 and they were similar. Even the modules.

Modules could be find between 1 to 5-6€ each. Do not pay more for them on ebay... and the boxed sets between 5 to 10€ each. I got mine for less than that... They come pretty often on ebay.fr

As said by le_Ravi (héhé) the real differences are between 1st and 2nd ed, like in english version.

Edit: I have a copy of the boxed set "Extension au jeu d'epouvante" in bad condition, I can give it to you if you want to read it only (not for collecting of course). The box is very damaged but the material is not in bad shape... The box is in too bad condition to sell the set anyway ;)