PotVQ 5th (brown) print covers comparison
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:00 pm 

Not a major discovery or anything worth revising printings on I don't think, but in comparing the two PotVQ 5th print (brown) copies I have, there are noticable differences between the color and stock of the covers:

The one on the left is Morno's copy, and is a slightly lighter brown.  This textured cover stock is more like most WW covers I have seen/compared to (my Misty, DGs, etc).

The color of the one on the right matches more with the scan on Acaeum, though it's too hard to also tell what the textured cover is like from that scan.   The one on the right definitely has a different more faux-leather textured stock than Morno's on the left.  The one on the right is also slightly taller.  

Aside from these differences, the inside contents are the same.

Curious for others with copies of the 5th print to compare/contrast and post their thoughts, and other comments as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:55 am 

Jeff, I just picked up a copy of another copy of a  5th print.  The one that I just picked up resembles the one on the left side of your picture.  Now my first copy I can not be sure its a 5th, but it was sold on Ebay as 4th printing when I purchased it (this was before the most recent site update that added the new printing sequesnce and it has no cover) but this brings me to my question.  

On the site it indicates that "Printing is on one side of the pages only, and stapled together with the envelope.  Thus, to really use the book, you have to take it apart" for both the 5th prints and the 6th prints:

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/dmk.html

Now that is where I am having an issue.  Both of my copies have 5 single sided maps, however the pages with the text pages are double sided for both of my copies. How do yours match up with mine?  Does your match the site or are the same as mine?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:26 pm 

Jeff and I discussed this before. The info in the Acaeum is incorrect; the maps are one-sided, the printing is not.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:42 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Jeff and I discussed this before. The info in the Acaeum is incorrect; the maps are one-sided, the printing is not.

Okay Cool, Thanks. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:45 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Jeff and I discussed this before. The info in the Acaeum is incorrect; the maps are one-sided, the printing is not.

That's right, the Acaeum descriptions are off a bit in a few areas, and there will be some clarifications on the descriptions of the folio printings in the upcoming site update.

Brian, my copies (5th and 6th) match your observations as well with regard to single/double sides.

Does anyone else have a 5th print (brown) cover that can check theirs please?