Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:39 am 

The shrinkwrap is a real curse for me.

I would have preferred ziplock bags.   :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:31 pm 

FormCritic wrote:The shrinkwrap is a real curse for me.

At least it wasn't everybody's favorite . . . M-Bags!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:30 pm 

Yes, and no staples ;)

BTW, one less CAS1 for sale.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:46 pm 

brute wrote:Yes, and no staples ;)

The Original Living Room has no staples :D

brute wrote:BTW, one less CAS1 for sale.

Excellent!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:38 pm 

Unless you've had an accident with your hair dryer, COSK is in poly, not shrink. :)

I do wish Rob had used something less sticky to seal the polybag, though.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:16 am 

You mean I could unseal it, read it and re-seal it with no consequences?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:16 am 

FormCritic wrote:You mean I could unseal it, read it and re-seal it with no consequences?

Sure. Just don't do it while eating Doritos. ;)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:01 pm 

kevin mayle wrote:From what I've read, Dave Arneson teaches a gaming class at Full Sail in Florida. Another Full Sail teacher, Dustin Clingman, founded Zeitgeist Games with Arneson and liscenced the use of Blackmoor from Wizards of the Coast. Clingman appoints product managers to get Blackmoor projects done, who in turn hire freelance writers and artists. When a project is complete, they run it by Arneson and send it off to the printer. So I guess Arneson has pretty much nothing to do with the actual writing. Zeitgeist seems to have been having trouble getting products out as well. They have 3 books so far. The first one, The campaign setting, is just a soft cover reprint of the Goodman Games hardcover. The second one, The Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor, came out two years late and had a number of map and text errors. The third one, The Players Guide to Blackmoor, never made it to retailers, and was only available through online order from their website.

I am a big fan of Blackmoor, but I can't dispute this is largely accurate. However, the Players Guide did make it to retail stores, I know because that is where I bought it.

A completed fourth book, The Temple of the Frog, was to be released November 6th, 2006, and has yet to come out. Questions about the product go unanswered on their forum pages, and when Wizards released their Return to the Temple of the Frog a few weeks ago, Clingman posted a vague response to a question on ENWorld that an announcement of the current status of the Blackmoor liscence may be announced soon. I think it will be Wizards releasing Blackmoor product from now on, but either way, none of it will be written by Arneson.

They did get the license back, that was announced.

Most of the effort for Blackmoor goes into their equivalent of a Living campaign as defined by the RPGA. There are a large number of adventures downloadable to be played for what they call their MMRPG, and I hear a lot of good things about them. I am not sure how well getting people to play those adventures at gaming conventions(mostly concentrated in the Midwest and East Coast) translates into sales of the books, but that is their focus.

So to get support, your best bet is to use the Yahoo mailing list for the "Living" Blackmoor, there questions tend to be answered in 24 hours, including questions about the rulebooks.

One nice thing about Blackmoor and their campaign is they fixed the 3.X problem of too fast level advancement. When you hit the sweet spot of mid-level, you earn less XP than a standard 3.X campaign, so you don't rush through those levels and find yourself in the ridiculously powerful stage.

One thing that galls me about the recent focus on large adventures from WoTC is the assumption the players will jump 4-5 levels while playing it. So much for supporting DMs that wanted slower advancement.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:45 pm 

I noticed some Goodman Games on eBay recently that are different. There is a Castles & Crusades game with the same Goodman Games modules and some that may not be available as just a plain module, but are just modules for the Castles & Crusades setting.

Can anyone provide a little clarification on these items? In addition, is there any difference in their contents? Lastly, which ones are seen as being more collectible?

Thanks in Advance,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:37 pm 

I don't think the Castles and Crusades versions of the Goodman modules are more or less collecable than the D20 versions.

The surviving game companies work together to a surprising extend...including advertising links to each others' websites and even selling each others' products.

By the way...on the Troll Lord Games website, there is a sale on their World Of Erde D20 products that gives most of them to you practically for free.

Mark

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:18 pm 

[This was also posted in the Collecting General forum.]

Hail Fellows,

This is just to let you know that the Standard Edition of The Original Bottle City will be available for pre-order starting Monday, April 9.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:54 pm 

dcas wrote:[This was also posted in the Collecting General forum.]

Hail Fellows,

This is just to let you know that the Standard Edition of The Original Bottle City will be available for pre-order starting Monday, April 9.

Ooooooooooo :D

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:42 am 

Great! Look forward to it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:11 pm 

UPDATE: The Standard Edition of The Original Bottle City is now available for pre-order: LINK

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:58 pm 

Got CAS1 today, and it looks great!

Thank you

Previous