why was jpipes banned?
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 712, 3, 4, 567
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7947
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:34 am 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Like that really has anything to do with why you were banned.  :?   By using that logic, bclarkie or any other member with several thousand posts could do pretty much anything they wanted, piss off every forum member, break any and all internet protocol and just be a complete dick and they would still get the benefit of the doubt.  I dont think so.



Oh Yeh?  I'm almost to 2000, and when I get there, my reign of terror will begin!!!!!! :twisted:

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:04 am 
 

d90 wrote:Look, for one thing I likely won't get tired of accessing this site or the forum. In fact it's pretty depressing not having access to it during the day at my normal job. Drats. One thing I'd love to know though is why am I banned from viewing the main site as well?? Just doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, that being said I want everyone here on the forum to know, bclarkie aside, I *never* meant any harm or distress to anyon here. I am very sorry everything fell apart and in the end I was banned. To this second I disagree with being banned, but as a fellow forum owner I understand and support the right of the admin to make their own rules. And besides, who would win a fight between me and bc? He has like 4000 messages. Clearly I loose there. Anyway, I support the admin on banning me purely because that is his right, but I still feel strongly that the reason itself was entirely unjustified. Entirely.

I want to say again that I publically apologize to the entire forum for the fact that my brother bid on my auctions and that any of it approached concerns and realities of shilling. I really honestly do apologize and it's never occured since. That is for the record. It was a mistake and I fully apologize. My brother is real though, as is his account, etc, etc, etc.

In closing, I will be around of course, but not very actively. I have around 5000 minis to sort through now so that will take up a lot of my time. For those that have been emailing me we will continue to be in contact of course.

Oh, btw, really neat news... today at a local rumage sale I found a copy of Talisman 2nd ed with the Adventure exp!! For 2 bucks! Wow.

Anyway, all the best to all of you and thanks for reading.


Back Again? Could you be anyomore pathetic?  Dude, I guess I must not be the "stalker" that you claim that I am because you just keep coming back.  You may be in fact the biggest freaking loser that I have seen in my entire 33 years on this planet and believe me that is saying a lot because I have dealt with some pathetic people before.  You have been exposed to be everything that I proved you were and now you are working so hard to prove that are even a more pathetic loser then everybody could already see for themselves.

oh and BTW, I think I will bust you in another lie just for old times sake:

d90 wrote:Anyway, I support the admin on banning me purely because that is his right, but I still feel strongly that the reason itself was entirely unjustified. Entirely.


This comes directy from your post and yet after saying this you not only have continued to post here you also state very clearly:

d90 wrote:In closing, I will be around of course, but not very actively.


Which is a clear contradiction in the statement that you said above and shows quite clearly that you are liar. You actually can't even type three shrot paragraphs without lying.   If you supported the admin's decision the you would get a life and go annoy someone else with your lies and patheticness.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:49 am 
 

As I recall, Jpipes apologized for what he did at the time, and stated that it would not happen again.

So far as I can tell, after the three or so original auctions where Jpipes' brother bid, there have been no repeats of the offense.  

The original offense involved only a few dollars...hardly a serious criminal campaign from my point of view.

Wouldn't you agree that acknowledging what he did, apologizing and promising not to do it again puts Jpipes in a category somewhat above other problem sellers?

Jpipes is banned...which probably wrankles quite a bit.  Coming back to post makes him naughty, but it doesn't exactly make him Hannibal Lector.

This whole series of events has not been the most glorious moment for the Acaeum.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:57 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Jpipes is banned...which probably wrankles quite a bit.  Coming back to post makes him naughty, but it doesn't exactly make him Hannibal Lector.

This whole series of events has not been the most glorious moment for the Acaeum.

You've understated the problem in an attempt to be reasonable, Mark.

Coming back to post after you've been banned is not only disrespectful to the admin, it's illegal.  You don't have a right to be here without Foul's permission.  He explicitly revoked that permission in jpipes' case.  ;)

The rest of the issue is moot.  If I were Foul, I'd consider legal action should he continue to connect to the server.

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:09 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:As I recall, Jpipes apologized for what he did at the time, and stated that it would not happen again.

So far as I can tell, after the three or so original auctions where Jpipes' brother bid, there have been no repeats of the offense.  

The original offense involved only a few dollars...hardly a serious criminal campaign from my point of view.

Wouldn't you agree that acknowledging what he did, apologizing and promising not to do it again puts Jpipes in a category somewhat above other problem sellers?

Jpipes is banned...which probably wrankles quite a bit.  Coming back to post makes him naughty, but it doesn't exactly make him Hannibal Lector.

This whole series of events has not been the most glorious moment for the Acaeum.


Mark, its quite obvious that our viewpoints are very divergent and franky I don't get you at all.  Why is that you seem to defend just about every "shady dealer" that we post on here. Christ, some guy blatantly stole Shane's money several months ago and you defended the guy by saying, "Well he just seems unorganized, he probably didn't mean to steal his money."  Dude, HE STOLE HIS F***KNG MONEY!!  It wasn't an accident or a misunderstanding, HE STOLE HIS MONEY!!  If thats is not Shady then what is???  I honestly hope that in real life that you are not this naive.

Now back onto jpipes.  First off and formost have you even read the stuff that I pointed out in this thread?  Its evident that you haven't because jpipes has been lying continuously since he has been on this site.  His apology was hollow and still continues to be because he sadi and continues to say, "I am sorry, but...."  Thats not an apology or an admission of guilt, thats an excuse at best and outright lie at worst.  He has screwed over several members of this forum here already and has been banned by Foulfoot for threats and yet somehow you seem to think that what he has done and still continues to do is not wrong. :?   If that is not wrong that what exactly do you qualify as wrong.  

As far as you saying it was only a few dollars and that is okay are you offereing to compensate all of those people that jpipes shillied in his auctions for the money that they are out?  His brothers bids are a flat out lie as I proved earlier on in this thread, those bids where placed by none other than jpipes himself.  In conjunction with that I listed a total of 8 auctions that jpipes "accidentally" shilled and I still had 6 more months of auctions to go.  Assuming that I came up with 3 per month as a conservative estimate, that comes to a total of 26 auctions that he shilled that I can find.    Is that still okay??? If in your mind it is, I will research the amount of money that jpipes bid his auctions up on and I will send you the total.  You can Paypal me the money that it was okay for people to have gotten fucked out of and I will make an large scale effort to compensate those people that lost out because of jpipes shilling.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:19 am 
 

[quote="bclarkie"]

I honestly hope that in real life that you are not this naive.

[/i]quote]

Perhaps I am.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 25, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:40 am 
 

Hey guys, I've said it before, when jonb was up and running the time before last:  The worst effect guys like that can have on the boards here is to drive wedges between good members.


Let mirth prevail!

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:44 am 
 

bombadil wrote:Hey guys, I've said it before, when jonb was up and running the time before last:  The worst effect guys like that can have on the boards here is to drive wedges between good members.


Your absolutely correct and I am assuming that is why jpipes keeps coming here.  He is trying to piss people off and seperate us, nothing would make him more happy.  :evil:

MShipley88 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
I honestly hope that in real life that you are not this naive.



Perhaps I am.


In response to that point, Mark, I apologize that my point was so strong. It is not my intent to start a fight with you, nor is it my intent to try and put you down.  I am simply trying to get you to understand that jpipes is not the nice guy that he keeps claiming that he is. His intentions then and his intentions now remain the same as evidenced by his continued posts here and they are anyhting but good.   I can not stress strongly enough that he is most certainly not a good person and should be avoided at all costs.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1097
Joined: Aug 14, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 08, 2021
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:55 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
In response to that point, Mark, I apologize that my point was so strong. It is not my intent to start a fight with you, nor is it my intent to try and put you down.  I am simply trying to get you to understand that jpipes is not the nice guy that he keeps claiming that he is. His intentions then and his intentions now remain the same as evidenced by his continued posts here and they are anyhting but good.   I can not stress strongly enough that he is most certainly not a good person and should be avoided at all costs.


Ok guys group hug ....  8)

It is fasinating how shady sellers have this common theme where they take on muliple personas.  They use these personas to justify their actions.  Almost as if they know what they are doing is wrong but need to be able to justify it to themselves.

Given that jpipes decide to post again using a persona which defended jpipes I would find it hard to believe any excuse about his brothers involvement.

 WWW  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2720
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2021
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:27 pm 
 

bombadil wrote:Hey guys, I've said it before, when jonb was up and running the time before last:  The worst effect guys like that can have on the boards here is to drive wedges between good members.


I want to second that.  I can understand why tempers run high when dealing with idiots - but we should be careful when dealing with good members here.  It is easy to misinterpret comments typed in haste or misjudge tone of voice on a board like this.  :D


Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:09 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:
Dude, SPOIILERS!!!!  I just got "1776" on cd to listen to on my next car trip, don't let me know how it ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wink:

Mike B.


Sorry Mike.... you'll enjoy the book though, I thought it very well written. Plus I only had a vague understanding of the war in general before, so a lot of what it contained was new to me.

Mark - jpipes wasn't banned for shilling, or for the ongoing argument with Brian. He was banned for making direct threats against the site admin in the contentious thread. Those threats were deleted and Foul banned him.

As always, Bombadil is the voice of reason and calm in fractious times.

Regards

Mike


Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

  


** Banned **

Posts: 1
Joined: Jan 29, 2007
Last Visit: Jan 29, 2007

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:46 pm 
 

For the record, I have *no* desire to, as it has been said above, "set fellow members against one another". I think that is silly and I have zero interest in that. Besides, if anyone is at each others throats it would have nothing to do with me and everything to do with personalities to begin with.

Also for the record, it's not possible to stalk a web forum. Who ever suggested I'm now the one stalking needs to understand what the term means. I'm simply posting messages to a public forum. My other account was removed and I have heard nothing since. If the admin wants to discuss this with me, contact me via email to do so.

Someone suggested I am doing something illegal by posting here. I am in fact doing nothing illegal, that suggestion is absurd. I am a fellow forum owner (a very large one in fact) so I am well aware of the ins and outs of forum memberships and admin and the rights and processes therein. I was never sent an email saying I could never again use this forum or never again register with the site. No where do I see it posted on this forum the process for banning, the steps to be taken, if one is allowed to register again, how many times, where, when, etc, etc, etc. I have sent messages to the forum admin asking for contact regarding this matter and I have received nothing in return. Sorry, but if my posting is no longer allowed I will need some form of contact from the admin to establish that and discuss as needed. Until that time posting doesn't seem to be a problem of any sort at all. I am no longer using my original account and that was the account that was removed, so I have to make new ones.

My suggestion is for everyone, myself included, to put this entire thing to rest and move on. I have already admitted many times I was at fault for the minor issue in the first place so I really don't see a need to continue to  discuss it. In fact the entire thing should be deleted. But as long as people are posting here on it I will continue to defend myself as required. And making that suggestion is NOT a threat against the forum admin. I never made threats against the forum admin that are threats in any real sense. Saying I will excerise my rights is not a threat. I even went so far to say I  was sorry of the admin misunderstood my original posting. Again, no response.

At any rate, just wanted to say, again, I apologize for the original error that caused all this but I also retain the right to defend myself in public.

Admin, also fyi, whatever you did to the forum it worked as I am now able to access the main site again from home with no problems. I was worried as I would hate to not have access for my research, etc.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1881
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:14 pm 
 

Bored with this man now. :(
For whatever reason it would seem that you are not welcome here - As that is clearly the case why would you actually want to bother? I can only assume it's some kind of oddball cyber-masochism :lol:


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:20 pm 
 

d91 wrote:For the record, I have *no* desire to, as it has been said above, "set fellow members against one another". I think that is silly and I have zero interest in that. Besides, if anyone is at each others throats it would have nothing to do with me and everything to do with personalities to begin with.

Also for the record, it's not possible to stalk a web forum. Who ever suggested I'm now the one stalking needs to understand what the term means. I'm simply posting messages to a public forum. My other account was removed and I have heard nothing since. If the admin wants to discuss this with me, contact me via email to do so.

Someone suggested I am doing something illegal by posting here. I am in fact doing nothing illegal, that suggestion is absurd. I am a fellow forum owner (a very large one in fact) so I am well aware of the ins and outs of forum memberships and admin and the rights and processes therein. I was never sent an email saying I could never again use this forum or never again register with the site. No where do I see it posted on this forum the process for banning, the steps to be taken, if one is allowed to register again, how many times, where, when, etc, etc, etc. I have sent messages to the forum admin asking for contact regarding this matter and I have received nothing in return. Sorry, but if my posting is no longer allowed I will need some form of contact from the admin to establish that and discuss as needed. Until that time posting doesn't seem to be a problem of any sort at all. I am no longer using my original account and that was the account that was removed, so I have to make new ones.

My suggestion is for everyone, myself included, to put this entire thing to rest and move on. I have already admitted many times I was at fault for the minor issue in the first place so I really don't see a need to continue to  discuss it. In fact the entire thing should be deleted. But as long as people are posting here on it I will continue to defend myself as required. And making that suggestion is NOT a threat against the forum admin. I never made threats against the forum admin that are threats in any real sense. Saying I will excerise my rights is not a threat. I even went so far to say I  was sorry of the admin misunderstood my original posting. Again, no response.

At any rate, just wanted to say, again, I apologize for the original error that caused all this but I also retain the right to defend myself in public.

Admin, also fyi, whatever you did to the forum it worked as I am now able to access the main site again from home with no problems. I was worried as I would hate to not have access for my research, etc.


Right....


You were banned not once, not twice, not three times, not four times, but FIVE times previous to this most recent post, but that is not a direct  indication that you are not allowed to continue posting on this site... yeah that would hold up in a court of law.  Maybe you need to read up on the defintion of banned moron.  Since you seem to be having difficulty understanding what banned means here is a link to the defintion:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/banned

Maybe a C&D letter to you and the local police department will suffice in getting you to never come here again.  GFY....


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche


Last edited by bclarkie on Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:29 pm 
 

Oh and here is a link to the term harrassment, since that seems to be another void in your very limited vocabullary:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=harassment

And in case you were wondering, the penalties for harrassment may very well end up in jail time:

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cac/vw/financial.html

So once again, I will say it loud and clear and I think that I speak for just about everyone on this site when I say this: GET A LIFE YOU FREAKING PATHETIC LOSER!!


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:32 pm 
 

improvstone wrote:Given that jpipes decide to post again using a persona which defended jpipes I would find it hard to believe any excuse about his brothers involvement.



Highlighted for truth right there.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:38 pm 
 

gyg wrote:Bored with this man now.

Amen, brother. Find another windmill to tilt at, pipes.

ImageImageImage

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:44 pm 
 

Well, here he comes again, d92 this time. :roll:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:46 pm 
 

Oh BTW Ass hat, this thread should be stickied instead of deleted.  It should be here for everyone to see forever what a freaking loser that you really are.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


** Banned **

Posts: 11
Joined: Jan 29, 2007
Last Visit: Jan 29, 2007

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:48 pm 
 

Like I said, as long I have to defend myself I will continue to do so against your lies about me.

bclarkie said this:

"He has screwed over several members of this forum here already and has been banned by Foulfoot for threats"

Sorry but that is entirely untrue. ENTIRELY. I HAVE NOT SCREWED OVER SEVERAL MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM, EVER. There have been one or two people with minor concerns, but no one has ever been SCREWED OVER, EVER. Also, I made no threats to the admin, you are twisting words. I said I would contact the police if xyz wasn't done, and that was taken AS a threat. I never made threats AGAINST anyone. Get it right.

I find it hilarious that now you are threatening me to contact the police over this. You know, BE MY GUEST. BRING IT ON. I have nothing to hide and nothing to loose in speaking to the police about this as this is more about slander than anything else and you are entirely behind it. If you want to bring down that load of bricks on yourself, be my guest.

Like I said and continue to say, I admit I was wrong originally and I apologize for it entirely with no reserverations. I did not and do not deserve to continue to be attacked for it though and you doing so constitutes slander. My account being removed was also not justified given the circumstances but until I hear DIRECTLY fromt he admin I have no choice but continue to post in my defense.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 712, 3, 4, 567