why was jpipes banned?
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 3 of 712, 3, 4567
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:08 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:What's wrong with CNN?

Sometimes you crack me up, Blackmoor. :)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:13 pm 

I need another beer.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:05 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Yeah, at least there's lots of competition (however bad it is). In Canada you've got CTV and CBC.. that's about it.

Don't forget Global, although I tend to watch the BBC news channel more than others for some reason.

BTW, if jaeger means hunter what does jaegermeister mean?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:07 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
What's wrong with FOX?

At one point I thought FOX was going to add big red circles that would float around the screen to highlight whoever was talking.  This would help people follow the conversation properly.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:11 pm 

At one point I thought FOX was going to add big red circles that would float around the screen to highlight whoever was talking. This would help people follow the conversation properly.

After being outside of Canada for so long, you learn to appreciate.. a little bit anyways.. why hockey isn't exactly the easiest or most interesting sport to follow.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:14 pm 

Mars wrote:BTW, if jaeger means hunter what does jaegermeister mean?

Master of the Hunt?  Wasn't that the scary guy with the wolves in Lankhmar?

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:25 pm 

There was a similar character in Castle Amber.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:38 pm 

In speaking with him he knows exactly why he was banned but doesn't agree with it. He also again publically apologized for making comments the admin THOUGHT were threats against him personally. He seems to have admitted he was being hot-headed which is more than I can say for some people in the overall thread. In addition, the censorship comment seems to be related more to someone being banned and not being allowed to defend themselves, that is all. The comments posted don't seem to indicate a threat that could be considered irrational or out of place. They didn't say "fuck you foulfout eat my ass" they simply stated what I would hope any sane person would say, that they reserve the right to pursue their own defense, be it legal or otherwise when it comes to someone stalking them.

BClakrie, I wouldn't suggest that posting to a forum repeatedly to make a point constitutes stalking. Hunting down obscure info on a specific person to attack them in a public forum does.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:39 pm 

Some of the content at the end of the now-locked thread from last night was either edited or removed.  

Why the need to come here and post on behalf of Pipes?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:55 pm 

d110 wrote:BClakrie, I wouldn't suggest that posting to a forum repeatedly to make a point constitutes stalking. Hunting down obscure info on a specific person to attack them in a public forum does.

Right....

I am tired of this crap. Stalking someone constitutes continously pursuing someone and harrassing them wherever they go, online or not.  Me posting factual information on one message board to refute a persons blatant lies during a 24 hour period does not constitute "stalking" in any way shape or form. Perhaps you need to read up on what stalking really is.  That said, I really could care less what you clowns think, whoever you are.  If you think that I am stalking him, great, call the cops and have them do something about it, but until that happens, shut the f**k up about it already.  

It is so cruely ironic that these clowns keep coming on here yelling *stalker* at the top of their lungs and yet they seem to be missing the point that it is quite apparent that their insistance in coming here, even after they have already been told rather forcefully to leave by the site admin, is far more *stalking* than anything that I did yesterday.  Funny how I am the "stalker" yet it seems that I am the only person still being chased.   Get a freaking life loser.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:51 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
After being outside of Canada for so long, you learn to appreciate.. a little bit anyways.. why hockey isn't exactly the easiest or most interesting sport to follow.

Hmm :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:23 pm 

I successfully banned the IPs that jpipes uses at home, at work, probably his friend's house, and now I've also successfully blocked his neighborhood Kinko's.  I sincerely hope that other patrons of that particular Kinko's are not Acaeum fans.

I'll leave this thread here, if only to avoid receiving a hundred PMs about it.  The reason he was banned was clearly posted in that other thread -- warned once, did it again.  I also have a generally low tolerance for asshats, especially at eleven o'clock at night with the baby still awake and screaming.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:27 pm 

Foul, how was he able to post here using IDs that are(and weren't) listed in the membership list?  I for the life of me can't figure that out.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:43 pm 

Neither of those accounts are currently active, and your account needs to be active in order for you to appear in the memberlist.  When you register, you need to have a valid e-mail address, and then you activate your account through the e-mail that the board sends you.

I imagine what happened is that he registered (with a valid e-mail address), posted a message, then changed his e-mail address in his profile to a fake address.  That de-activated his account.

There will probably be a few more "jpipes supporters" popping up in the next few days, as he runs around town jumping onto connections that haven't been banned.  Eventually he'll get bored.  It's a pain having to drag your laptop all the way to Starbucks just to access The Acaeum.

Foul

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:03 am 

FoulFoot wrote:I sincerely hope that other patrons of that particular Kinko's are not Acaeum fans.

Not to belabor this thread too much, but that's kind of a funny image ... some poor guy, with absolutely no connection to jpipes, suddenly unable to connect here: "Damnit! Where did the !@&@!*!% Acaeum go?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:42 am 

FoulFoot wrote:Eventually he'll get bored.  It's a pain having to drag your laptop all the way to Starbucks just to access The Acaeum.

Foul

Sweet Jesus.. you'd think he'd have his hands full running his *own* board!

Which, as a member both here and there, is a *very* informative site on the German army in WWII....

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:36 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
jaeger actually means hunter.  I am married to a german :)

For what it's worth,  jaeger means both a "hunter" and a "light infantryman."

Indulge me:

The Hessians that fought in America during the American Revolution included light infantry companies called jaegers...often clad in green.  The Hessian jaegers (who were not all from Hess) seem to have been used in a slightly different capacity than light infantrymen in British and American regiments.  They seem to have been trained and equipped more as marksmen...with special firearms...than as bayonette or spear-armed assault troops.  Presumably, they were country boys, familiar with hunting, who were outfitted to take advantage of their abilities.

Jaeger companies figured prominently at Long Island and the Brandywine.  I also presume that there were jaegers among the Hessians captured at Trenton and Saratoga...although accounts of those battles most prominently feature Hessian grenadiers and dragoons.

The World War II German equivalent of an American "paratrooper" was called a fallschirmsjaeger (don't quote my spelling, but I am right about the term).  That is, a light infantryman who uses a parachute (fallschirm)

Yes, jaegermeister means "master of the hunt."  A reading of the contents that go into brewing Jaegermeister leaves one wondering how anyone ever thought it up.

Too bad about jpipes.  And...no...knowing some German and some military history does not make me his secret alter-ego.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:40 pm 

.......gets scary mental image of Mark running around with Y-fronts outside of pants with towel billowing behind as a cape. 8O  8O  8O

..................goes off to find a beer and forget.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 3 of 712, 3, 4567