why was jpipes banned?
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 712, 3 ... 567
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:54 pm 

No, that is a threat, and I guess you thought I was kidding when I warned you via PM about doing that again. Had to get the last word, right, smartass?  Unfortunately for you, this is one little slice of the Internet where I always get the last word.

So censorship it tolerated on this forum? Why was one person in that flame war banned and not the other, especially when they posted personal info? Seems pretty heavy handed to ban someone for simply stating they will not hesitate to use their legal rights if someone is cyber stalking them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:58 pm 

jaeger wrote:So censorship it tolerated on this forum? Why was one person in that flame war banned and not the other, especially when they posted personal info? Seems pretty heavy handed to ban someone for simply stating they will not hesitate to use their legal rights if someone is cyber stalking them.

This is your first and only post.  Bad start, assuming you're a new user at all, which I don't. ;)

Foulfoot did what he felt he must.  This site is ultimately his, and nobody has a right to be here.  Accept it.  (He's the DM, effectively.)

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:00 pm 

Pipes, is that you?

Give it up, man.  I warned you last night.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:01 pm 

I don't think the issue was censorship here at all.  Unless I misunderstood what Foul posted, jpipes sent him a threatening email and Foul gave him a warning, then jpipes posted another threat in the thread and brew his second chance.  From his posting, it seems jpipes was threatening to involve official authorities such as police or whoever.

I don't think you can say this is heavy handed, warned once, then banned.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:04 pm 

It's a source of never-ending amusement to me that people haven't the slightest idea of what they are talking about when they use the term "censorship."

It's an internet forum, genius. There are no guarantees of free speech implied or provided; the admin's word is that of God.

Then again, I'm not sure it matters, considering you are either:

A. Jpipes;
B. A troll.

Either way, you're soon to be banned and this thread is soon to be locked, so I'm not sure why I'm bothering ...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:21 pm 

Mars wrote:I don't think the issue was censorship here at all.  Unless I misunderstood what Foul posted, jpipes sent him a threatening email and Foul gave him a warning, then jpipes posted another threat in the thread and brew his second chance.  From his posting, it seems jpipes was threatening to involve official authorities such as police or whoever.

I don't think you can say this is heavy handed, warned once, then banned.

Good thing I am not a forum administrator.  I woulda banned him for whining so damned much.  :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:23 pm 

Sorry all, I didn't mean for it to end up this way.  :?  Some how I get called a psychotic stalker and yet the guy who accused me of it gets banned for threatening people and then refuses to go away.  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:28 pm 

Yay! Poops is back! Maxi has a protégé.
We need a subweb for stalkers and Acaeum groupies.  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:38 pm 

Hey has anyone else noticed that our new "friend" here is not showing up in the memberlist for the site?  We have 4 new user ID listed as of todays date and yet none of them correspond to jaeger?  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:42 pm 

Pipes says he honestly has no idea why he was banned.. he says he can't even read the forum. So it doesn't seem the post was by him.. maybe a family member, a friend or something.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:47 pm 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You've gotta be kidding.  Man, are you even the slightest bit concerned about your own credibility?

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:48 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Pipes says he honestly has no idea why he was banned.. he says he can't even read the forum. So it doesn't seem the post was by him.. maybe a family member, a friend or something.

Sea you best stay clear of this!!  I thinks Pipes has some real issues.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:49 pm 

That was evident in his avatar.  Just check out what he does in his free time over at feldgrau, if you can stomach it.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:50 pm 

Jaeger is a german term for light infantry.. and pipes runs some site on German military history.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:51 pm 

And...?  I think we're way ahead of you on that one, Sea.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

You've gotta be kidding.  Man, are you even the slightest bit concerned about your own credibility?

I just report the news. I'm not here to judge people or gossip behind somebody's back. Don't shoot the messenger.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
I just report the news. I'm not here to judge people or gossip behind somebody's back. Don't shoot the messenger.

Heh, just like Fox News, eh?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:52 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Don't shoot the messenger.

I think people's question is, "Why are you the messenger?".

Next
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 712, 3 ... 567