bclarkie failing to show jpipes is a criminal mastermind...
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 3 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author


** Banned **

Posts: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:35 pm 
 

No, the strange thing would be, if I was the criminal shill bidding mastermind you claim I am with the huge and long history of "a lot" of cases where I screwed people over, wouldn't there be a lot more bids by him since?? Actually, what I stated makes perfect sense in fact. He stopped bidding on my auctions at the time and since because it was rightly pointed out it was a poor choice to allow him to. What or when or how he was bid since I don't know or care. He's in grad school right now and likely isn't buying or bidding on anything, but regardless it has no bearing on anything, certainly not me selling things here.

Oh, and one more thing Sherlock. If I so truly wanted to screw people over by shilling them to no end, and if I continued to want to do so, why wouldn't I post everything I had for sale on ebay and pump all the prices up?? Your suggestions make zero sense and don't add up at all. What you point to is nothing more than a case of poor judgement that occured on a limited basis awhile ago. There is nothing ongoing or overt or mastermind about it.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 15, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:39 pm 
 

jpipes wrote:He's in grad school right now


Madison or Milwaukee?


Let mirth prevail!

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:40 pm 
 

jpipes wrote:No, the strange thing would be, if I was the criminal shill bidding mastermind you claim I am with the huge and long history of "a lot" of cases where I screwed people over, wouldn't there be a lot more bids by him since?? Actually, what I stated makes perfect sense in fact. He stopped bidding on my auctions at the time and since because it was rightly pointed out it was a poor choice to allow him to. What or when or how he was bid since I don't know or care. He's in grad school right now and likely isn't buying or bidding on anything, but regardless it has no bearing on anything, certainly not me selling things here.

Oh, and one more thing Sherlock. If I so truly wanted to screw people over by shilling them to no end, and if I continued to want to do so, why wouldn't I post everything I had for sale on ebay and pump all the prices up?? Your suggestions make zero sense and don't add up at all. What you point to is nothing more than a case of poor judgement that occured on a limited basis awhile ago. There is nothing ongoing or overt or mastermind about it.






Okay and here is more:



http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5650854175



http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5650863872



http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5654807255



http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5654809169



That was just from your January of 2006 feedback.  Should I continue?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


** Banned **

Posts: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:41 pm 
 

Neither. Given the attempt by some to attack me here I don't have any great desire to post personal details about members of my family here, but suffice to say He's in the UC system.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 15, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:43 pm 
 

Just a guess, based on the handle "uwmpipes".


Let mirth prevail!

  


** Banned **

Posts: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:44 pm 
 

That was just from your January of 2006 feedback.  Should I continue?


Please do. I have zero to hide. Like I said, he no longer bids on my auctions as it was pointed out it was a poor choice to allow him to.

You might be interested to know my father is on ebay as well, he runs a massive stamp store and buys and sells huge collections of stamps. But wait... I bought and sold stamps on ebay too. OH MY GOD. It's all one big shill bidding masterplan to control the sale of $20 items on ebay!!

 WWW  


** Banned **

Posts: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:48 pm 
 

Just a guess, based on the handle "uwmpipes".


And a good guess it was! We both grew up in Wisconsin (as did my other two brothers, 4 of us total) and we both went to UW Milwaukee. I moved to CA many years ago and two of my brothers followed suit not long ago. One is in Grad School and the other is a professional in SF as well. He created his ebay account when still at UWM and never got around to changing it.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:51 pm 
 

jpipes wrote:
Please do. I have zero to hide. Like I said, he no longer bids on my auctions as it was pointed out it was a poor choice to allow him to.

You might be interested to know my father is on ebay as well, he runs a massive stamp store and buys and sells huge collections of stamps. But wait... I bought and sold stamps on ebay too. OH MY GOD. It's all one big shill bidding masterplan to control the sale of $20 items on ebay!!


Well lets see you seem to wavering then. Just above you "challenged" me to prove that you shilled your auctions more than the two times that I posted back in May in the Silliest price thread.  You said that both here:

jpipes wrote:
The only problem is there is no "truth" to "my history" so I don't know what you are talking about. If you want to talk about "my history" that would entail providing details about *all* my transactions, good and bad, and looking at them all in total. As is, for some unknown reason you seem obsessed with the *ONE* transaction that was in poor judgement on my behalf and interestingly enough which didn't involve you at all and which no one was actually hurt on. It occured on ebay many months ago and I have already apologized to the members of this forum regarding it. It has zero impact on my actions here or the dozens and dozens of transactions that I have completed through this site.


and here:

jpipes wrote: If you have "a lot more" examples of specific cases where I defrauded a buyer or somehow did something to infringe or rip off someone, POST IT. Post each and every example or shut up about it. The fact is you have no such examples, only a few scattered random bids by a family member of mine.


It seems to me that I have now done so. Now that I am proving it, your response is, "Well that was then".  I will admit though that this is getting boring catching you in loads and loads of lies and continuing to do so is kind of beating a dead horse.  I will however continue if you insist.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


** Banned **

Posts: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:57 pm 
 

I said and continue to say that there was one instance of wrong doing on ebay which was rightfully discussed at the time and that there are no instances of people being defrauded or shilled. I stand by that then and now, but have repeatedly stated my brother bidding on my auctions was not in my best interest or anyone elses. If you want to read into my claims, do so. Again, I have nothing to hide and nothing to prevent me from buying and selling here and on ebay.



above you "challenged" me to prove that you shilled your auctions more than the two times




Correct, and you have not proven a single instance. What you *have* shown is a record of a family member bidding on my auctions which was and continues to be an example of a poor choice and bad judgement, and one for which I apologized for in public. But it was not then nor is it now an example of a shill bidding scam being pulled on members of the Acaeum or anyplace else which is what you are claiming.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:08 pm 
 

jpipes wrote:I said and continue to say that there was one instance of wrong doing on ebay which was rightfully discussed at the time and that there are no instances of people being defrauded or shilled. I stand by that then and now, but have repeatedly stated my brother bidding on my auctions was not in my best interest or anyone elses. If you want to read into my claims, do so. Again, I have nothing to hide and nothing to prevent me from buying and selling here and on ebay.


You certainly have a strange sense of what "one time" is.  Proven shilling at tleast 8 times and then there was the link I pprovided earlier in this thread where you decided to create a thread to flame a memeber here, because you tried to pork them on the shipping costs of an auction that you ran.  Then there is the Aia thing. I don't know about you, but that adds up to more than *one* no matter how you try and slice it.  You also neglect to mention that the minute that you stopped selling things in an auction format on Ebay after your reinstatement, that your brother stopped bidding on anyone's auctions, your or anyone elses for that matter.  Additionally, in case you needed an update on Ebay policy on shilling, having your brother bid on your auctions regardless of intent is shilling:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/sel ... dding.html



jpipes wrote:Correct, and you have not proven a single instance. What you *have* shown is a record of a family member bidding on my auctions which was and continues to be an example of a poor choice and bad judgement, and one for which I apologized for in public. But it was not then nor is it now an example of a shill bidding scam being pulled on members of the Acaeum or anyplace else which is what you are claiming.




You are right, I haven't proven a single instance,  I have proven multiple instances where you have attempted to screw over both people on Ebay and on this forum.  I am not the one insisting that you don't post on this forum, you are the one who is trying to tell me where I can and can't post.  If you need clarification on that fact perhaps you should read your own posts above.  the fact of the matter is that I have exposed you for as both a liar and a shill and that was my whole intention in thsi thread.  Now its all there for everyone, both new and old to see for themselves.  You can bury your head in the sand and keep saying that its not the case, but quite clearly it is.  the only thing that you have succeeded in doing by acting like you did nothing wrong is to continue to make yourself look worse and worse.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche


Last edited by bclarkie on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 15, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:10 pm 
 

jpipes wrote:
And a good guess it was! We both grew up in Wisconsin (as did my other two brothers, 4 of us total) and we both went to UW Milwaukee.


I'm from central WI.  Just went back last month for the first time in a couple of years.  It was a nice visit.  Not cold enough, though.  I kind of miss the -50 degree windchill.


Let mirth prevail!

  


** Banned **

Posts: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:27 pm 
 

Proven shilling at tleast 8 times


No, you proved no such thing. They were legit bids by a family member and although in poor judgement and since entirely apologized for and never to occur again, you claim I was out to defraud buyers which I most certainly was not. Therefore you have proven nothing. The "aia thing" has nothing to do with ebay as it is an example of someone buying something here and having a question about shipping, nothing more. Your numbers are incorrect and your data doesn't support anything other than a personal attack on me.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:35 pm 
 

jpipes wrote:
No, you proved no such thing. They were legit bids by a family member and although in poor judgement and since entirely apologized for and never to occur again, you claim I was out to defraud buyers which I most certainly was not. Therefore you have proven nothing. The "aia thing" has nothing to do with ebay as it is an example of someone buying something here and having a question about shipping, nothing more. Your numbers are incorrect and your data doesn't support anything other than a personal attack on me.

Like I said before, just because you keep insisting that it isn't so, doesn't mean that it is not really the case.   It is quite apparent to myself and I would imagine most others though that we have clearly different views on what honesty is.  Keep telling yourself though that you are okay, it will make it better. :roll:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 15, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:37 pm 
 

Pipes, just so you know, the "family member bidding" story has popped up here a few times before in defense of shill allegations.


Let mirth prevail!

  


** Banned **

Posts: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:39 pm 
 

Like I said before, just because you insisting that it is so doesn't mean that it is not really the case.  


EXACTLY! I am glad that we could come to agreement on this point. Just because you keep insisting that I am something that I am not doesn't mean it's true. But keep saying so, and I will keep defending myself in response as I have been.

It is quite apparent to myself and I would imagine most others though that we have clearly different views on what honesty is.


You mean like standing here in a public forum and pointing out again and again how what you are saying is incorrect and inaccurate and not justified and MORE IMPORTANTLY that I apologized for my actions in the first place (allowing a family member to bid on my auctions) and have since never allowed it to occur again. That seems like the actions of a pretty honest person if you ask me and also of one with nothing to hide since if I did I wouldn't be here dragging this issue out longer and longer for more and more people to read.

 WWW  


** Banned **

Posts: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:43 pm 
 

Pipes, just so you know, the "family member bidding" story has popped up here a few times before in defense of shill allegations.


Ok, and I can't account for the actions of anyone else but myself and those immediately around me.

If you or anyone else want to suggest that I was wrong to allow a family member to bid on items in my own auctions you are ENTIRELY CORRECT.

If you are though trying to suggest that my brother doesn't really exist or the account in question is not his account or that I created or used it only to defraud buyers you are ENTIRELY INCORRECT.

This matter boils down to one thing and one thing only. A lapse of good judgement on my part and a total and complete admission that doing so was wrong. I apologized for it as well. It has zero impact on my dealings with other members of this site here and now (and even back then for that matter).

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:47 pm 
 

jpipes wrote:
You mean like standing here in a public forum and pointing out again and again how what you are saying is incorrect and inaccurate and not justified and MORE IMPORTANTLY that I apologized for my actions in the first place (allowing a family member to bid on my auctions) and have since never allowed it to occur again.


The only reason that it hasn't occured again is because you have almost completely stopped selling on Ebay since you were busted.  Looking at your feedback out of the 10 or so items that you have sold, it seems to me that you have only sold fixed price listings. Because of that, then  there really is no need to shill them is there?  Kind of hard to shill a listing that only has a Byu It Now price.  What's really funny is that the umwpipes bidder doesn't seem to be interested in any of those.

jpipes wrote:That seems like the actions of a pretty honest person if you ask me and also of one with nothing to hide since if I did I wouldn't be here dragging this issue out longer and longer for more and more people to read.


Is it? I can't tell you how many times you have told me to bugger off.  Once again go read your own posts!

Anyway, my point is clearly and plainly proven for everyone here to see.  Lets get back on topic here.  Who still wants to buy Miniatures from jpipes?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


** Banned **

Posts: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:01 pm 
 

The only reason that it hasn't occured again is because you have almost completely stopped selling on Ebay since you were busted.  Looking at your feedback out of the 10 or so items that you have sold


You most certainly are not the sleuth I almost thought you were. My transactions on ebay aren't limited to those expressed via my feedback. And my slowdown in sales has nothing to do with your comments from months ago. I sold actively and steadily for a long time after with zero problems or issues. My sales fell off because I stopped needing to sell as much as I started a new career, didn't want or need to sell pieces of my collection, and I had less to sell overall. Most importantly ebay changed their fee structure such that I was annoyed enough to not give them the profits. You can continue to try and see things that aren't there but that doesn't make them true as you so clearly pointed out.

Is it? I can't tell you how many times you have told me to bugger off.  Once again go read your own posts!


Yes, it is! Entirely! I have told YOU to bugger off many times because your actions warrent it. You didn't start this latest attack by posting a message with factual content or with a brief word of warning allowing for me to present counter facts, you attacked me and made something up and used random and unrelated examples of things in the distant past to support your comments. So yes, I have and will continue to tell you to bugger off.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:04 pm 
 

jpipes wrote:
Yes, it is! Entirely! I have told YOU to bugger off many times because your actions warrent it. You didn't start this latest attack by posting a message with factual content or with a brief word of warning allowing for me to present counter facts, you attacked me and made something up and used random and unrelated examples of things in the distant past to support your comments. So yes, I have and will continue to tell you to bugger off.


Alright if you say so.  Trying to get back on topic now. Who still wants to buy miniatures from jpipes?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 760
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 28, 2021
Location: Dallas, TX

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:13 pm 
 

Oh, and I am sure that no one else is posting here because no one else is reading it because I am sure no one really cares.


BClarkie seems like one's proverbial big brother. You love it when he makes fun of other people and then have a beer with him afterwords. Heck, half the time you join in on the fun.

But when he comes after you, you never forget what it feels like. As such, no one that's been around the block's going to cross him.. on this board, anyways. It's the circle of life.

bombadil's quip about you not winning this debate is the truest, most fact-based comment I've read on this board.

I mean can't we all sing kumbaya and talk about pricing ethics? :D

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 3 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5