Ral Partha miniature collection
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am 

I just started collecting early era RPG minis. I came into a huge collection of a few thousands Ral Partha miniatures. I'm trying to make sense of it all but am enjoying the process. The good thing is the previous owner stored everything in legions of storage bags most all with labels so I know what they are. I just have to swim through everything.

If there is anything anyone is looking for in the Ral Partha line please let me know. Chances are I have it and I'd be happy to help a fellow collector.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:19 am 

jpipes wrote:I just started collecting early era RPG minis. I came into a huge collection of a few thousands Ral Partha miniatures. I'm trying to make sense of it all but am enjoying the process. The good thing is the previous owner stored everything in legions of storage bags most all with labels so I know what they are. I just have to swim through everything.

If there is anything anyone is looking for in the Ral Partha line please let me know. Chances are I have it and I'd be happy to help a fellow collector.

Sure any 11 series ral partha in the lot?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:36 am 

I'd be happy to check for you. Can you give me some more info/stats on what the 11 series is, still a bit new to it re: Ral Partha. Is that the AD&D related series?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:16 am 

jpipes wrote:I'd be happy to check for you. Can you give me some more info/stats on what the 11 series is, still a bit new to it re: Ral Partha. Is that the AD&D related series?

Stuff of Legends is a good place to start: http://www.solegends.com/

SoL has the names and pictures of many, many miniatures.  The Series 11 figures are in various categories under Manufacturers ---> Ral Partha ---> AD&D.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:55 am 

jpipes wrote:I'd be happy to check for you. Can you give me some more info/stats on what the 11 series is, still a bit new to it re: Ral Partha. Is that the AD&D related series?

Like John said the 11 series are the actual licensed AD&D miniatures.  They all have Ral Partha and TSR stamped on the bottom of the base.

11 series refers to the catalog number ie 11-001 is fighters while 11-069 is Raistlen.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:24 am 

These are the birthright ral partha figures I know of and am looking for.

Blister Packs
11-750 The Spider
11-751 Lamia
11-752 Chimaera
11-753 BansheghÐ(Justina & Banshegh)
11-754 Quirad Al-Dinn
11-755 The Sword Mage
11-756 Llaeddra of Lluabraight
11-757 Ghuralli, Orog Warlord, Awnshegh  

Boxed Sets

10-523 Birthright Abominations
10-524 Birthright Personalities of the Blood

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:31 am 

Thanks guys, I will explore that site some more. When I looked earlier I didn't notice any pics though. I will check again. I am fairly certain I have most if not all of the minis you gents mentioned. I will confirm as I can and let you know if you're interested in getting any.

btw, slightly ontopic - is there any serious worry about lead for an adult in going over a collection this large?? As long as I don't eat the things (or eat pizza while looking over them) should I be fine?

Thanks!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:10 pm 

The site has pictures for some items and as some items are in multiple places (For example box sets, setting like birthright or forgotten realms and sometimes others as well) on the site some have pictures in only one part of the site. If you want pictures of the birthright items I should be able to get you links to pictures of most of them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:16 pm 

I don't know about the lead question but if you were willing to sell the birthright mini's if you have them I would really appreciate it.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:37 pm 

If I come across any Birthright stuff I most certainly would be willing to sell it to you. I have more stuff than I know what to do with and would be happy to help fill your want list. My goal is to have a wide range of character types and as many monsters as I can to use in all normal and many unique encounters, so I don't need to keep every mini in the lot. It's really a matter of looking through the minis and finding the stuff in question. They are each numbered in bags so I could *maybe* have something for you as early as later tonight. No promises.

So far I am seeing stuff going back to the early/mid 1970s. Any idea when the Birthright stuff was put out? I imagine in conjunction with the BR publication in early to mid 90s?

Last edited by jpipes on Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:58 pm 

Yes it was at about the same time as the rpg. 1995 onwards

I am only just getting back into mini's after having not done much for years. I have been buying some cheep mini's off ebay to practice on but I ultimatly want to get a birthright collection done once my painting is back up to scratch. Birthright having always been my favourite setting. Ultimatly I would like two sets one for painting and one for keeping in the blisters but I will just have to keep my eye open for those.

You will be my hero if you have any. Thanks a lot for looking.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:14 pm 

Heh, no problem at all. I hope I do so I can help you out. Being 1995 I actually can't promise anything because I get the feeling most of the collection is earlier era but there is so much to go over I wouldn't be suprised at all to find them. I will check the website mentioned above for the series and then check over the collection and see what I can come up with for you.

Funny that you mention painting. I'm so bad even though I want to collect all these minis and use them in some games at some point I have no illusions that I will ever paint them. I think I am ok with that. I actually think they look pretty neat unpainted and aged. Also the thought of painting hundreds of minis is, well, daunting to say the least. I wonder how much someone would charge to paint them all... hmm.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:53 pm 

jpipes wrote:.....
btw, slightly ontopic - is there any serious worry about lead for an adult in going over a collection this large?? As long as I don't eat the things (or eat pizza while looking over them) should I be fine?

Thanks!!

Don't eat or drink anything while handling the minis and wash your hands after you are done.

And no transfering of the lead dust to the body through picking your nose, licking the fingers, etc....

I know, Ewwwwwwwwwwww :lol:

I have to cover all the bases here.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:22 pm 

Yeah, lead dust was a concern. With a collection this large there are hundreds and hundreds of minis, some of which are in boxes entirely loose and rolling around, others in proper storage bags and organized. But with so many I assumed accumulated dust was an issue. I've been wearing gloves while going over the collection as it keeps my hands clean and prevents transfer of lead when holding minis for so long. I haven't been eating while going over the stuff either.

I wonder how playing an actual game when using some of these minis will work if no one can eat when using them? Hmm...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:17 pm 

jpipes wrote:btw, slightly ontopic - is there any serious worry about lead for an adult in going over a collection this large?? As long as I don't eat the things (or eat pizza while looking over them) should I be fine?

Although adults aren't as vunerable to lead as children, there are potential health issues, such as nerve damage and reduced fertility. But like someone else said, wash your hands and don't inhale any lead, and you'll probably be OK.

Iron Wind Metals has the 1985 Ral Partha catalogs on their website -- http://www.ironwindmetals.com/dload.htm -- it might help you identify some the early 80s stuff.

So, are these all fantasy miniatures, or mixed genres?  There are few pulp and sci-fi Ral Partha figures from the 1980s I've been searching for.

WWW ICQ  

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:40 pm 

Thanks for the continued info everyone, much appreciated!!

The collection is very largely fantasy but clearly includes all genres. I saw a pile of what looked like Renaissance era figures with early flintlock guns, far future and post nuclear holocaust figures, some robots, some space shipts, some special forces soldiers, etc.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:47 pm 

jpipes wrote:Yeah, lead dust was a concern. With a collection this large there are hundreds and hundreds of minis, some of which are in boxes entirely loose and rolling around, others in proper storage bags and organized. But with so many I assumed accumulated dust was an issue. I've been wearing gloves while going over the collection as it keeps my hands clean and prevents transfer of lead when holding minis for so long. I haven't been eating while going over the stuff either.

I wonder how playing an actual game when using some of these minis will work if no one can eat when using them? Hmm...

In the games that I have played in the DM usually browbeat the players who did not paint their minis.

I think once they are primed it would be okay to handle them for an extended duration.

Just my 2 cents.....

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:21 am 

jpipes wrote:Thanks for the continued info everyone, much appreciated!!

The collection is very largely fantasy but clearly includes all genres. I saw a pile of what looked like Renaissance era figures with early flintlock guns, far future and post nuclear holocaust figures, some robots, some space shipts, some special forces soldiers, etc.

The far future and special forces figurines sound a lot like the "Future Warriors" line...one of the ones I have collected in the past.

Do you have any of the female miniatures in that line?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Next