D20 Collecting
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:58 pm 

NMilty wrote:I really wanted one in shrinkwrap. and it seemed like a decent price.  Did I get a deal or did I overpay?? :?

Very good deal.  I think it was $125 new?

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:25 am 

NMilty wrote:How did I do?  

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I really wanted one in shrinkwrap. and it seemed like a decent price.  Did I get a deal or did I overpay?? :?

You got a great deal...

... now enjoy your product and open up the shrinkwrap!!!   :D

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:44 am 

Just found out my wife picked up a Monster Manual V in great condition for me as an early birthday present.  I've been wanting one for a long time.  Now I have all the 3.5 MMs.  I'm so happy right now!   :D

It's really great having a gamer wife!

The owls are not what they seem...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 am 

Agent Cooper wrote:
It's really great having a gamer wife!

I second this notion...my Gamer Wife tolerates the constant influx of game related packages and the chaotic jumle that is the basement full of RPGs!

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:37 pm 

Figured folks who collect Goodman might be interested in these items that Joseph's been posting about finding in his garage.  Seemingly not for sale, but I'm sure he could be persuaded for the right price  :D :  Goodman Games • View topic - Some gems for the collectors

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:40 pm 

That's pretty cool!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:16 pm 

So let's talk about the collectability or Rappan Athuk Reloaded. With the huge Kickstarter and Rappan Athuk PF and S&W editions available, is RAR going to rise in value or fall? How many shrinked copies are still out there? (FGG will honour the Golden Tickets and 4 are still unclaimed, so that's an additional motivation to open them.)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:29 pm 

I am sure I should know this (so apologies), but for which system was the RA Reloaded box set written.

Ta!  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:41 pm 

red_bus wrote:I am sure I should know this (so apologies), but for which system was the RA Reloaded box set written.

D20... it's a heckuva box set, the prices may rise or fall, but it's still very cool imho :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:36 pm 

davidc wrote:
red_bus wrote:I am sure I should know this (so apologies), but for which system was the RA Reloaded box set written.

D20... it's a heckuva box set, the prices may rise or fall, but it's still very cool imho :)

3.5 to be more specific.  I think at least in the short term, demand for the box set will go down with the newer releases, therefore prices will fall.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:22 am 

The existence of an in print version has to reduce demand in the short term.  Long term, this one is tough to judge.  Multiple versions, each one with more content than the previous, would seem to mean prior versions end up with less appeal.  I'm trying to think of a comparable example... Ultimately I guess it just depends if people want Necro/FGG stuff to collect or to read.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 am 

I have just received the Rise of the Runelords, Deluxe Collector's Edition.

It is a very heavy box, and very well protected.

Inside the box, you will find a very nice box with metal fittings, very impressive.
There are 15 very nice prints and the huge book that covers the adventures paths #1 to #6.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 am 

Inside the box :

8O
Impressive stuff...

There are some funny features :

(from Paizo :
Twenty-two full-color player handouts and key maps are printed on high-quality paper and tucked into slitted pages, allow players to hold important clues while leaving the GM with copies of his own)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 pm 

and the french book?

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:28 am 

What a beauty!  I love it :)

Do you know how many are being produced?

Come to think of it, doesn't Paizo usually run a sale this time of year?  Anyone heard anything?

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:18 am 

I don't know, they didn't communicate this information.
Paizo launched a preorder this summer and produced this amount + 50% for further sales (if I remember well).
It is still avaible at the website.

The french book was pictured to show how the box is huge, but the picture is not enough explicit.
But let's say around 4,7 kg (10 pounds ?)

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:22 pm 

davidc wrote:What a beauty!  I love it :)

Do you know how many are being produced?

Come to think of it, doesn't Paizo usually run a sale this time of year?  Anyone heard anything?

Looks like it is $199 + shipping from the paizo site. Not bad for what you get. The metal bound case for the book looks snazzy.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:01 pm 

frankfromgermany wrote in D20 Collecting:So let's talk about the collectability or Rappan Athuk Reloaded. With the huge Kickstarter and Rappan Athuk PF and S&W editions available, is RAR going to rise in value or fall? How many shrinked copies are still out there? (FGG will honour the Golden Tickets and 4 are still unclaimed, so that's an additional motivation to open them.)

I bought the Rappan Athuk modules on eBay for what i believe is a good price, $22.40 including shipping:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

They were in near mint condition, and I had no issues with the seller (apparently a former Frog God Games illustrator!).  I have already read R1, and I can now understand what I have heard about these adventures in terms of their quality and lethality.  It is a fun adventure to read, even if it would be too long or arduous an adventure track for practical use.  If a DM is feeling particularly devious, it might be a good one night TPK.  Anyway, my recommendation to anyone is, if you don't already have your copies of this, get some why the getting is cheap as I have seen other recent sales of this go for similar prices.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

PreviousNext