D20 Collecting
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 39 of 54123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 525354
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 am 

Picked up a Hall of Many Panes from T&T for 3.99 and was surprised that it was new in shrink wrap.  Now I don't know if I want to open it or shelve it in hopes that the value might increase one day (in 20 years, lol).  Any suggestions?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:04 am 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:Picked up a Hall of Many Panes from T&T for 3.99 and was surprised that it was new in shrink wrap.  Now I don't know if I want to open it or shelve it in hopes that the value might increase one day (in 20 years, lol).  Any suggestions?

NICE PRICE.
Even if HoMP is not a well regarded bit of work, I found some interesting things inside the copy I got for about 3 times that price... ($12 USD) and my box came to me crushed as the seller was an asshat and sent it in a envelope...

At that price I would probably buy another set from them and open one of them for use/reading copy.
I doubt you will find a decent copy anywhere else for less.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:02 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
NICE PRICE.
Even if HoMP is not a well regarded bit of work, I found some interesting things inside the copy I got for about 3 times that price... ($12 USD) and my box came to me crushed as the seller was an asshat and sent it in a envelope...

At that price I would probably buy another set from them and open one of them for use/reading copy.
I doubt you will find a decent copy anywhere else for less.

I don't know. We had a lot of fun playtesting that bugger! It should never have been dual-statted - a big kiss of death! If you play it use the LA rule. It's much more fun that way!

Eulaliaaa!!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:26 pm 

Why would dual stats be a kiss of death?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:22 am 

FormCritic wrote:Why would dual stats be a kiss of death?

Chocolate in my peanut butter or vice versa.  Not to mention the additional space required could cause an increase in the overall production cost of the product (bringing either lower margins or a higher cost to retail buyers).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:56 pm 

For only two systems it is merely an annoyance to read, but it's a real problem when you're trying to support more than two.  It becomes a very inefficient use of space.

You'd be better off writing stats for a single system with conversion notes for various other systems in appendices -- or not providing any stats and claiming universal compatibility. :D

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:03 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:For only two systems it is merely an annoyance to read, but it's a real problem when you're trying to support more than two.  It becomes a very inefficient use of space.

You'd be better off writing stats for a single system with conversion notes for various other systems in appendices -- or not providing any stats and claiming universal compatibility. :D

Just don't include any conversion stats for Palladium...you might just get sued!  :P

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:12 pm 

simrion wrote:Just don't include any conversion stats for Palladium...you might just get sued!  :P
Heh. "Element 46" it is.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:07 pm 

Lost in translation so to speak. What works well in LA doesn't always cross-over to D&D and the like. I heard numerous complaints about some of the encounters either being too weak or too strong...blah, blah, blah. All I can say is if you play it using the LA rules you can't go wrong!  :wink:

Eulaliaaa!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:40 pm 

Mars wrote:
Is there a listing of what these items are?  I had been picking up the Game Day modules and product release modules, etc over the last few years but never kept up to date.

From what I gather, there are currently only "2 D&D Encounters" modules out there?

Sorry Mars! Musta glossed over your post here asking for more info. :) As always, I'm glad to provide! Here's my list of non-mass marketed 4E D&D mods you need to get your hands on for completeness' sake. Copy this listing, friends, as I don't think I'll feel like typing it all up again. :)

Free RPG Day Modules:
Treasure of Talon Pass (2008, full color booklet)
Khyber's Harvest (2009, full color booklet, came with one big Dungeon Tile)
Bloodsand Arena (2010, full color booklet, came with 6 pregen PC cards and a double sided battle map)

D&D Day Modules:
Escape From Sembia (2008 DDXP day, B&W booklet)
Into The Shadowhaunt (2008 PH release day, B&W booklet, poster map)
Beneath Haunted Halls (2008 Weekend in the Realms event, B&W booklet, poster map)
One Dark Night in Weeping Briar (2009 PH2 release day, full color booklet, double sided map and 5 pregen PCs on B&W photocopy sheets)
Journey Through the Silver Caves (2009 MM2 release day, full color booklet, double sided map)
DMG2 Kit (2009 DMG2 release day kit, double sided map, 5 full color PCs on cards, no scenario/booklet)
Beneath the Lonely Tower (2010 PHB3 release day, full color booklet, 5 full color PCs on cards, double sided map, 2 sheets of cardboard counters)

D&D Delve Night (All are 4 sheets of sturdy cardstock, double sided, full color):
Tower of Maraj (Oct 08)
Into the Shadow (Nov 08)
The Dragon Twins' Lair (Dec 08)
The Sewers of Silence (Jan 09)
What You Wish For (Feb 09)
Company of the Griffon (Mar 09)
The Disquiet Spirits (Apr 09)
Deepwater Rising (May 09)
Sanity's Precipice (Jun 09)

D&D Encounters:
Undermountain: Halaster's Lost Apprentice (Full color booklet, 2 double sided maps, 12 full color PCs on cards {actually 2 sets of 6}, 2 sheets of cardboard tokens)
Dark Sun: Fury of the Wastewalker (Full color booklet, double sided map, 12 full color PCs on cards {actually 2 sets of 6}, 12 full color PC stand-up name placards {actually 2 sets of 6}, 2 sheets of cardboard tokens)

D&D Extras:
Village of Hommlet (DM Reward prize, full color booklet, double sided map)

That's all the information I have collected about the "extra" but still official D&D 4E modules/adventures that have been released. Please, post if you have other information, I'll happily insert it into this post for maximum information. As it stands, I have everything listed in my collection with the exception of the DMG2 kit, the map for Into the Shadowhaunt and Beneath Haunted Halls, and my set of counters for Icy Queen's Crossing came cracked and with 2 counters missing. Boo. Oh, I also need 5 of the 9 Delve Night adventures. If anyone has any of these, please, shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to work out a trade, either in other stuff listed above, or them foldy green things everybody seems to like. ;) Until next time!!

Zenfinite

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:47 pm 

For what it's worth, I still have Khyber's Harvest (2009, full color booklet, came with one big Dungeon Tile)  modules in shrink for sale.  $8.00 plus shipping.  First come, first serve.   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:54 pm 

Talon Pass also had a Dungeon Tile.  (At least, I was given one by my shop when I got it.)

It wasn't shrinkwrapped inside the module like the other extras have been however; I'm wondering if WotC got complaints about stores splitting them up.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:43 pm 

The 2 or 3 stores I went to locally had those items split up.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:49 pm 

Mars wrote:The 2 or 3 stores I went to locally had those items split up.

The five or so stores that I visited had the module and tile still shrinkwrapped together.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:01 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:The five or so stores that I visited had the module and tile still shrinkwrapped together.

That's a bit odd.  The copies I picked up all had the module shrinked separate from the tile.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 pm 

Mars wrote:That's a bit odd.  The copies I picked up all had the module shrinked separate from the tile.

Dammit, now I have to check.

[Edit:  Yes, Khyber's Harvest is a shrinkwrapped set.  And within that shrinkwrap, the tile is further shrinkwrapped.]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:35 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:[Edit:  Yes, Khyber's Harvest is a shrinkwrapped set.  And within that shrinkwrap, the tile is further shrinkwrapped.]

Yes, that one is with the tile but we are talking about the year before that- Talon Pass.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:59 pm 

Mars wrote:Yes, that one is with the tile but we are talking about the year before that- Talon Pass.

I don't even remember what that [Edit: Talon Pass module] looked like, and I can't find it anywhere on my shelves.  :oops:

Last edited by JohnGaunt on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 39 of 54123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 525354