D20 Collecting
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 54123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 525354
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:45 am 

Plaag wrote:
You going back anytime soon? Maybe post a list of what they have, general or otherwise or take lists of wants?

ShaneG.

Downside of that suggestion is the high traffic by CCG aficionados - the place constantly has some kind of tournament going on  :? Means I was shoulder-to-shoulder with a crowd of bargain hunters and could not guarantee any specific item identified on a list as still being available once requested.  Might have to take a chance on a volume purchase and just post a list of inexpensive goodies.  Apologies to any CCG fans here but I just don't like them...especially Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh....

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:59 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:This is probably a bit of an odd question, I've got a copy of the Rules Compendium and now several D20 modules and adventures. However, I can't seem to find what some of the abbreviations and descriptions mean in the mods.

Do I need a copy of the PHB and/or DMG? Maybe I'm too 1st Ed orientated with the Str. Int. stats and can't understand what some things mean?

Its just I'd love to convert them to 1st ed and whilst I've done that on JG items thanks to getting their meanings sorted, I can't get my head on the D20 stuff.  :oops:

cheers for any advice  :)

Finally managed to get to grips with the abbreviations thanks to the DMG, so I now understand DC & CR  :lol:  :lol:

Should be much easier to convert to 1st ed now too as a result.

Hopefully within forum etiquette, as an aside, couple of D20 items going cheap, not long left, no watchers... 8)   :wink:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:13 am 

Same seller.

Rappan Athuk 1, 2, and 3

Currently going cheap.  No bidders!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:35 am 

eBay listings

Necromancer Games lists a whole lot of stuff on ebay here. (often 10 or more available) The prices range from ok to wtf?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:09 am 

frankfromgermany wrote:eBay listings

Necromancer Games lists a whole lot of stuff on ebay here. (often 10 or more available) The prices range from ok to wtf?

Yes that E-Bay seller was discussed earlier.

ALL of the uncommon, outright rare, And/Or highly sought after items are priced to NEVER sell.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:25 pm 

TBH, if it was RAR #001 I'd consider paying $750 for it, but I gotta agree with Gnat - Way too expensive.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:25 pm 

I think JasonZavoda was right...it's inexpensive advertising.

And, if one sells...woo hoo!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:06 pm 

Necromancer Games

DM2 Raise the Dead

Still cheap.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:54 pm 

Hometown Games in Lawrence, KS, has two copies of Rise of the Runelords Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings.  Unfortunately, they are shelfworn and may have been previously read.

If they are still there in a month or two, I'll know that condition matters more than availability for this book.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:23 am 

From Bill Webb's sales pitch at Frog God Games:

In the meanwhile, missing that out of print Necromancer Games Module? Never got a chance to buy the low print run K series while they were in stores (less than 400 of each in circulation)?

Do you figure that this means there were only 400 sent out to distributors?

Or, does it mean only 400 were printed?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:07 am 

FormCritic wrote:From Bill Webb's sales pitch at Frog God Games:

In the meanwhile, missing that out of print Necromancer Games Module? Never got a chance to buy the low print run K series while they were in stores (less than 400 of each in circulation)?

Do you figure that this means there were only 400 sent out to distributors?

Or, does it mean only 400 were printed?

That's tough to say although it seems doubtful that they would have only printed 400 when all their other items had much larger print runs.  So, if I had to guess I would say that more than 400 were printed and that 400 is only the number sent to distributors.

The K series was one of the items that was being dumped on Ebay not so long ago (last summer or fall).  You could get the full set for around $25-$35.  I'm sure the seller must have sold at least 50 sets of them.  Maybe Necro Games put a stop to it so they could sell them individually for a higher price (such as $37 for 1 book):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0472869173

With more than 10 available of this rare book, it makes you wonder if they really have hundreds of copies left.  Maybe it would be more beneficial if they took a Melanda Daysofknights sales strategy.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:01 am 

I suspect that is what is meant by "in circulation."

It makes them sound more rare.

I snagged one of the first lots of the K series last year.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:36 am 

Mars wrote:

That's tough to say although it seems doubtful that they would have only printed 400 when all their other items had much larger print runs.  So, if I had to guess I would say that more than 400 were printed and that 400 is only the number sent to distributors.

The K series was one of the items that was being dumped on Ebay not so long ago (last summer or fall).  You could get the full set for around $25-$35.  I'm sure the seller must have sold at least 50 sets of them.  Maybe Necro Games put a stop to it so they could sell them individually for a higher price (such as $37 for 1 book):

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

With more than 10 available of this rare book, it makes you wonder if they really have hundreds of copies left.  Maybe it would be more beneficial if they took a Melanda Daysofknights sales strategy.

This was a Kenzerco/Necromancer series. Could be the reason for a lower print run. Could be that the print run was split between kenzerco and necromancer so the 400 might represent necromancers stock.

The seller dumping the K series on ebay, along with kalamar and hackmaster lots, was Amber Blackburn. Jolly Blackburn is either co-owner or chief slave at kenzerco (he writes Knights of the Dinner Table).

Makes me think that Jolly took part of his cut or pay in physical stock and is dumping it on ebay to raise some cash. I don't believe necromancer would have any say in the matter.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:40 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Makes me think that Jolly took part of his cut or pay in physical stock and is dumping it on ebay to raise some cash. I don't believe necromancer would have any say in the matter.

That sounds like a crappy way of getting paid.  I don't think Kenzer (as a small publisher) would have wanted any part of an agreement to get paid in product - I don't think they would have the capital (or want the risk) to cover that kind of deal.  Although maybe it brought more traffic/exposure to their other products.  Also I don't think Necromancer was ever in financial trouble and would have to pay the publisher in old stock.

Since Necromancer seems to have all the stock now, its possible that they put a stop to blow out pricing to resell it themselves (why wouldn't they have a say in how their products were sold?).  I'm just curious as to how many copies Necro is hanging onto.  Since a limited print run seems to be 1000 copies and other high priced sets had runs of 2500, it sounds like they must have hundreds of copies of each book sitting around.  Even with a limited print run of 1000 copies, 400 into distribution, 50-100? sets blown out on Ebay that leaves a lot of left over stock.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:07 pm 

I've been trying to get Bill Webb on the phone to ask him directly.  

I have a few other publishing questions for him.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:55 pm 

While some of those Necromancer products are priced accordingly to current demand, there's a lot of overpriced ones, from what I see. Maze of Zayene isn't that difficult to find (all four of them), and I recently got Lost City of Barakus for about $9 (although I'm the first to admit that I got lucky there  :D )

"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:58 pm 

Lost City of Barakus is a good one. I'd rather have that than City of Brass.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 am 

I really want to like Lost City of Barakus.

My main beef with it is that it is called Lost City of Barakus, but the module focuses a lot on an entirely different not-lost city that is the base for a campaign.

I would have liked as much attention and mapping effort paid to actually giving me a detailed lost city instead of all the space (and a large detachable map) to the not-lost city.

I paid something like $15 for my copy.  It is new, except that the idiot seller (who was closing out his game store) wrote "New $26.95" on the front end paper in permanent marker.  It was an act of astonishing stupidity.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 54123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 525354