D20 Collecting
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 48123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 464748
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:40 am 
 

The "old days."  8O

When you figure $4.99 in 1977 dollars as compared $4.99 in 2010 dollars, Troll Lord Games is pretty much selling modules for free.

In my mind, I still see the D and G series monochrome modules in their shrinkwrap, in that hobby store in Oregon City.  1978.

$5.99 back then was all the money I had.  It seemed like a lot.

If only...


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1324
Joined: May 28, 2007
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2011
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 am 
 

FormCritic wrote:The "old days."  8O

When you figure $4.99 in 1977 dollars as compared $4.99 in 2010 dollars, Troll Lord Games is pretty much selling modules for free.

In my mind, I still see the D and G series monochrome modules in their shrinkwrap, in that hobby store in Oregon City.  1978.

$5.99 back then was all the money I had.  It seemed like a lot.

If only...


$5.99 in 1978 dollars is just a shade under $20 in 2010 dollars, according to the CPI.

(Going the other way, TLG is selling their modules for the equivalent of $1.50 in 1978 dollars.)

8O


"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:48 am 
 

Sigh...  :roll:
TLG is going to be selling them NOW for $4.99... period.  :lol:


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:13 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
3) They really are good modules.

No seriously when I read the new City of Gods I was very impressed.  Don't even look at the Dungeon of Blackmoor if you can help it.  Redwood Scar was a long time ago and it didn't seem to resonate like CotG and TotF did from reading them.

ShaneG.


OK - I have acquired City of the Gods and I have read most of it.

I agree with you, Shane.  This is an outstanding example of the D20 system by an author (Harley Stroh of Dungeon Crawl Classics fame) who really knows his stuff.

Review to follow....


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1583
Joined: Mar 08, 2008
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:30 pm 
 

I missed the TLG $10 sale... the link is gone now... but there were a couple books I had wanted.

Does anyone have the recent sale list saved?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:20 pm 
 

davidc wrote:I missed the TLG $10 sale... the link is gone now... but there were a couple books I had wanted.

Does anyone have the recent sale list saved?


E-Mail sent.  8)
With the PDF attached... :arrow:


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:16 am 
 

davidc wrote:I missed the TLG $10 sale... the link is gone now... but there were a couple books I had wanted.

Does anyone have the recent sale list saved?


If they were Dungeon Crawl Classics, the sale is still on...and possibly a bit better.

Don't be put off by the two over-priced items they put on their first page.  Those are both rares of some sort or other.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1583
Joined: Mar 08, 2008
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:16 am 
 

Beautiful - Thanks Gnat!

Don't be put off by the two over-priced items they put on their first page. Those are both rares of some sort or other


I'm not 100% sure which ones you mean?  I am missing a couple C&C adventures that I was hoping to pick up.  I like the TLG line, but I wouldn't have thought any particularly rare (well, since Zagyg).

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3327
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:44 pm 
 

This is probably a bit of an odd question, I've got a copy of the Rules Compendium and now several D20 modules and adventures. However, I can't seem to find what some of the abbreviations and descriptions mean in the mods.

Do I need a copy of the PHB and/or DMG? Maybe I'm too 1st Ed orientated with the Str. Int. stats and can't understand what some things mean?

Its just I'd love to convert them to 1st ed and whilst I've done that on JG items thanks to getting their meanings sorted, I can't get my head on the D20 stuff.  :oops:

cheers for any advice  :)


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:54 pm 
 

ashmire13 wrote:This is probably a bit of an odd question, I've got a copy of the Rules Compendium and now several D20 modules and adventures. However, I can't seem to find what some of the abbreviations and descriptions mean in the mods.

Do I need a copy of the PHB and/or DMG? Maybe I'm too 1st Ed orientated with the Str. Int. stats and can't understand what some things mean?

Its just I'd love to convert them to 1st ed and whilst I've done that on JG items thanks to getting their meanings sorted, I can't get my head on the D20 stuff.  :oops:

cheers for any advice  :)

Yes, if you plan to use D20 adventures, then (IMO) you should try to find some cheap copies (Reading quality, not collector neccessarily quality) 3.5 Edition Core Rules books, including the Monster Manual, Players Handbook, and DMs Guide.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3327
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:00 pm 
 

cheers Gnat, thought the Rules Compendium would have been sufficient...  :oops:


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4483
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:24 pm 
 

ashmire13 wrote:cheers Gnat, thought the Rules Compendium would have been sufficient...  :oops:


http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd.html

That should help you with your d20 dilemma.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:01 pm 
 

davidc wrote:Beautiful - Thanks Gnat!



I'm not 100% sure which ones you mean?  I am missing a couple C&C adventures that I was hoping to pick up.  I like the TLG line, but I wouldn't have thought any particularly rare (well, since Zagyg).



Sorry  :oops:

I got Troll Lord and Troll and Toad mixed around.

http://www.trollandtoad.com/Dungeons-an ... teid=42_92

I also forgot to include the link above.

If you are a Dungeon Crawl Classics collector, this is a good sale.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1583
Joined: Mar 08, 2008
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:08 pm 
 

Ah yes, that makes sense - Thanks guys!

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:55 pm 
 

in regards to the Necromancer M series modules, are they worth picking up? Are they as good as RK's other Pied Piper modules?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:48 pm 
 

Opinion:

As collectibles:  Yes.

As modules:  No


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3327
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:27 am 
 

Plaag wrote:
http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd.html

That should help you with your d20 dilemma.

ShaneG.

cheers, I'm hoping to take a look at this tonight :)


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 294
Joined: Jun 02, 2006
Last Visit: Feb 06, 2021
Location: Rochester, NY

Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:53 pm 
 

FLGS under new ownership and dumping a lot of OOP D20 back stock...curse them!  Just picked up Tome of Horrors III, Creature Collection III, Bab5 Galaxy Guide $5 each and a bunch of softcover stuff for $1 each.  maybe some crap in there but hey, for a $1 I'll take it!


Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:29 pm 
 

simrion wrote:FLGS under new ownership and dumping a lot of OOP D20 back stock...curse them!  Just picked up Tome of Horrors III, Creature Collection III, Bab5 Galaxy Guide $5 each and a bunch of softcover stuff for $1 each.  maybe some crap in there but hey, for a $1 I'll take it!


Agreed.
At $1 in person no shipping.
My cart would be filled for sure.
Fun reading for months and months for you.
Then listing what you dont want for a buck 25 for some outrageous profits!
lol


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4483
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:30 pm 
 

simrion wrote:FLGS under new ownership and dumping a lot of OOP D20 back stock...curse them!  Just picked up Tome of Horrors III, Creature Collection III, Bab5 Galaxy Guide $5 each and a bunch of softcover stuff for $1 each.  maybe some crap in there but hey, for a $1 I'll take it!


You going back anytime soon? Maybe post a list of what they have, general or otherwise or take lists of wants?

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 48123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 464748