D20 Collecting
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 54123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 525354
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 am 

Good to hear your Ebay situation got worked out, davidc.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:01 pm 

Has anyone purchased a hardcopy item from Badaxe Games?  I saw one of their publications this past week but it did not make it into my shopping cart.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:37 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Has anyone purchased a hardcopy item from Badaxe Games?  I saw one of their publications this past week but it did not make it into my shopping cart.

I have a few Badaxe items including two hardcover books that I think are quite good: Grim Tales and Slavelords of Cydonia.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:07 am 

Mars wrote:
I have a few Badaxe items including two hardcover books that I think are quite good: Grim Tales and Slavelords of Cydonia.

I agree, those are the two BadAxe hardcovers I have as well.  Very gritty adventuring with some Burroughs John Carter like flavor.

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:07 am 

Mars wrote:

I agree, those are the two BadAxe hardcovers I have as well.  Very gritty adventuring with some Burroughs John Carter like flavor.

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm 

http://www.trolllord.com/store/index.html

Troll Lord Games says that they now own the Chenault and Gray Commercial Print Shop.

What this means is that they now publish 24 and 32 page modules for $4.99.

The link takes you to their store.  Scroll down to see the prices on their newest modules.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:11 pm 

FormCritic wrote:http://www.trolllord.com/store/index.html

Troll Lord Games says that they now own the Chenault and Gray Commercial Print Shop.

What this means is that they now publish 24 and 32 page modules for $4.99.

The link takes you to their store.  Scroll down to see the prices on their newest modules.

The TLG main-page news says
We are going back to those good old days. We are cutting back our standard module price from $8.95/$9.99 to $4.99! As each adventure undergoes the face lift the new prices are applied. All new printings of these listed books are in perfect bound.

8O

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 pm 

TLG has been printing, or at least binding, their stuff for some time... it looks like they may have recently obtained "the missing link" to allow them to do exactly what they want in-shop. That is good news for pricing. It also means there is more likelihood of misprints (they are Trolls,) which could be good for collectors, in theory.

I finally got my own book binding machine too. That's when the real fun starts.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:40 am 

The "old days."  8O

When you figure $4.99 in 1977 dollars as compared $4.99 in 2010 dollars, Troll Lord Games is pretty much selling modules for free.

In my mind, I still see the D and G series monochrome modules in their shrinkwrap, in that hobby store in Oregon City.  1978.

$5.99 back then was all the money I had.  It seemed like a lot.

If only...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 am 

FormCritic wrote:The "old days."  8O

When you figure $4.99 in 1977 dollars as compared $4.99 in 2010 dollars, Troll Lord Games is pretty much selling modules for free.

In my mind, I still see the D and G series monochrome modules in their shrinkwrap, in that hobby store in Oregon City.  1978.

$5.99 back then was all the money I had.  It seemed like a lot.

If only...

$5.99 in 1978 dollars is just a shade under $20 in 2010 dollars, according to the CPI.

(Going the other way, TLG is selling their modules for the equivalent of $1.50 in 1978 dollars.)

8O

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:48 am 

Sigh...  :roll:
TLG is going to be selling them NOW for $4.99... period.  :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:13 pm 

Plaag wrote:
3) They really are good modules.

No seriously when I read the new City of Gods I was very impressed.  Don't even look at the Dungeon of Blackmoor if you can help it.  Redwood Scar was a long time ago and it didn't seem to resonate like CotG and TotF did from reading them.

ShaneG.

OK - I have acquired City of the Gods and I have read most of it.

I agree with you, Shane.  This is an outstanding example of the D20 system by an author (Harley Stroh of Dungeon Crawl Classics fame) who really knows his stuff.

Review to follow....

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:30 pm 

I missed the TLG $10 sale... the link is gone now... but there were a couple books I had wanted.

Does anyone have the recent sale list saved?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:20 pm 

davidc wrote:I missed the TLG $10 sale... the link is gone now... but there were a couple books I had wanted.

E-Mail sent.  8)
With the PDF attached... :arrow:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:16 am 

davidc wrote:I missed the TLG $10 sale... the link is gone now... but there were a couple books I had wanted.

If they were Dungeon Crawl Classics, the sale is still on...and possibly a bit better.

Don't be put off by the two over-priced items they put on their first page.  Those are both rares of some sort or other.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:16 am 

Beautiful - Thanks Gnat!

Don't be put off by the two over-priced items they put on their first page. Those are both rares of some sort or other

I'm not 100% sure which ones you mean?  I am missing a couple C&C adventures that I was hoping to pick up.  I like the TLG line, but I wouldn't have thought any particularly rare (well, since Zagyg).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:44 pm 

This is probably a bit of an odd question, I've got a copy of the Rules Compendium and now several D20 modules and adventures. However, I can't seem to find what some of the abbreviations and descriptions mean in the mods.

Do I need a copy of the PHB and/or DMG? Maybe I'm too 1st Ed orientated with the Str. Int. stats and can't understand what some things mean?

Its just I'd love to convert them to 1st ed and whilst I've done that on JG items thanks to getting their meanings sorted, I can't get my head on the D20 stuff.  :oops:

cheers for any advice  :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:54 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:This is probably a bit of an odd question, I've got a copy of the Rules Compendium and now several D20 modules and adventures. However, I can't seem to find what some of the abbreviations and descriptions mean in the mods.

Do I need a copy of the PHB and/or DMG? Maybe I'm too 1st Ed orientated with the Str. Int. stats and can't understand what some things mean?

Its just I'd love to convert them to 1st ed and whilst I've done that on JG items thanks to getting their meanings sorted, I can't get my head on the D20 stuff.  :oops:

cheers for any advice  :)

Yes, if you plan to use D20 adventures, then (IMO) you should try to find some cheap copies (Reading quality, not collector neccessarily quality) 3.5 Edition Core Rules books, including the Monster Manual, Players Handbook, and DMs Guide.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 54123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 525354