D20 Collecting
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 54123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 525354
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:41 pm 

I think it's a stunning product. $200 is probably too high a price for someone who wants to use the product (or even read it), but if you have a gap in your collection and you want to fill it, it's not likely to depreciate unless it's reprinted. It's also unlikely to return much of a profit any time soon either.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:00 pm 

Mars wrote:
I checked Noble Knight when this auction started and they had 2 copies.  one in shrink for $160 and one open for $150.  It looks like the one in shrink is now gone and the open one has increased in price to $175.

And Noble Knight is hardly a bargain store.  This auction only had two bidders over $140, (the winner being a 0 feedback noob).  I don't think $200 has become the norm yet here, but I agree with mbassoc and badmike's sentiments that this will get there and then some eventually.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:29 am 

Ash sold his at $200 BIN (or there abouts) just last month.
This is the second in a month, and the two I sold last year went for around the $250 mark.
Bombadil also sold his privately through the forum a couple of months back. So I'd be curios if that price was in keeping with these valuations.

I wouldn't pay over $150 for the set, but that's purely on account of me needing to turn a profit. I certainly wouldn't dream of selling one for under $200. Too rare, and too damn good. As far as rarity goes, maybe not as rare and sought after as CZ:UW, but as far as gameplay and quality is concerned, it's head and shoulders above all the competition. A dungeon that has been developed through gameplay evolution over some 20+ years, a very high quality box, a great 'reload' of the original trilogy, and fantastic redrawing of all the maps. A real case of the sum being greater than the individuali parts.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:05 am 

Are the 3 original Rappan Athuk worth getting if the Reloaded is not around?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:31 am 

Yes. They make a good play copy. Astenon (eBay ID ericthecleric2009) has a set up on eBay in the UK at the moment.. It's a fair price for this side of the atlantic, but I'm sure he'd entertain private offers through PM on the forum.

They're certainly worth reading, contain maybe 95+% of the materials in the boxed set with much of the wilderness stuff also being available for download off the web. I'd certainly never consider reading or playing the boxed set. That's what R1-3 and the PDF are for. So unless you're collecting or investing, RAR is not worth the $200. R1 and R2 you should be able to pick up pretty cheap. R3 is the expensive one. Not too many printed and you're quite often better waiting for the three to pop up in one auction.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:49 am 

Thanks, I'll take a look.  :wink:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:45 am 

ashmire13 wrote:Are the 3 original Rappan Athuk worth getting if the Reloaded is not around?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Rappan Athuk III, the lower levels; The Dungeon of Graves.

This was pointed out by another member.

At Just $17.38 plus shipping, it would normally be an EXCELLENT Price for R3...

But as a caution KoP suggested that the quality may be suspect.

Agree with the folks above.

R1-R3 can be purchased as a group, or seperately for about 1/4th the cost for Re-Loaded.

Less with some time and patience and they (as a group) hold nearly the same information.

As I recall, Re-Loaded simply tied them together a bit more and added some side ventures.

As stated, R3 had far fewer copies produced than R1 and R2, but I do not know why this was done.

Yes, the Re-Loaded Box Set is very collectable and there is no question that its value to collectors will continue to rise.

But I have two sets of R1-R3 and no copies of Re-Loaded, and it is not even on my radar really and low on my wish list.

Too uncommon and too expensive for the low level gain (IMO), with so may other things I want on the list especially since (as a series) R1-R3 has most of what the Box Set does and the Series can be run as is with the 3 modules and you would miss little in doing so.

(As I understand it, since I have no Re-Loaded box set)

I would want things like an extra copy of the D20 Wilderlands Box Set and the D20 Invincible Overlord Book before I bought Re-Loaded.

I would most definately use the Wilderlands Box Set and the Re-Loaded Box Set (If I ever get one that is) would be read then stored safely away on the shelf and it would never leave the shelf again except to oggle once in a while...

All that said.

If I ever see a BIN for a Re-Loaded set at say.... $80-110, I would instantly hit that button and clear a spot for it on the shelf..

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:35 am 

I just couldn't bear the crappy maps in the first set of modules. It was worth buying for the redrafting of the mapwork. But that's just me. As I recall the map book is available seperately in PDF from the online resellers. A chunk of the wilderlands stuff is available still on the Necromancer website. All said, Necromancer's Wilderlands boxed set and CSIO are phenomenal prodacts also, and well worth having on your shelves, but the Wilderlands boxed set suffers the same fate as RAR. It's rising steadily in value (almost doubled this past year) so it's gonna reach a stage where it's a collector only item. CSIO will go the same way but may well fair better because it's a hardback.

Congrads whoever bought R3. Hope it's in the condition described.

Necromancer CSIO with only 14 hours to go. Still going cheap for US buyers. International buyers, it's probably not worth it unless you really, really want it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:25 pm 

I get happy feet when I see CSIO from Necromancer going so high.

I bought my copy at the start of my collecting madness, back when I was almost exclusively a Judges Guild collector.

Now, a couple of items that I bought for less than $10 are really up there in price.  I wish I'd been as clever or lucky about a couple of other items.

This is what I have been saying about D20 collecting:  Get it now, before everyone realizes that this is the D20 equivalent of the Oklahoma Land Rush.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:56 pm 

http://www.trollandtoad.com/p151356.html

Rappan Athuk 3 at Troll and Toad for $17.99

They just posted it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:16 pm 

FormCritic wrote:

Click on the link above.

Then note that I just bought Wicked Fantasy Factory #2, Against the Iron Giant for $2 along with my other items in the Paizo sale I just mentioned in my last post.

Note that not even a month later, it's selling on Ebay for $5...I guess there were a LOT of them at the Paizo sale that were bought for cheap...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:As I said eariler; geniehobbies is a stand up seller from all of my experiences with them.
I hope your Feedback will reflect the added customer service.

Just to close the loop, I received the missing book today sent out at the seller's expense... all is good from my view :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 am 

Good to hear your Ebay situation got worked out, davidc.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:01 pm 

Has anyone purchased a hardcopy item from Badaxe Games?  I saw one of their publications this past week but it did not make it into my shopping cart.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:37 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Has anyone purchased a hardcopy item from Badaxe Games?  I saw one of their publications this past week but it did not make it into my shopping cart.

I have a few Badaxe items including two hardcover books that I think are quite good: Grim Tales and Slavelords of Cydonia.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:07 am 

Mars wrote:
I have a few Badaxe items including two hardcover books that I think are quite good: Grim Tales and Slavelords of Cydonia.

I agree, those are the two BadAxe hardcovers I have as well.  Very gritty adventuring with some Burroughs John Carter like flavor.

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:07 am 

Mars wrote:

I agree, those are the two BadAxe hardcovers I have as well.  Very gritty adventuring with some Burroughs John Carter like flavor.

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm 

http://www.trolllord.com/store/index.html

Troll Lord Games says that they now own the Chenault and Gray Commercial Print Shop.

What this means is that they now publish 24 and 32 page modules for $4.99.

The link takes you to their store.  Scroll down to see the prices on their newest modules.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 54123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 525354