D20 Collecting
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 54123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 525354
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:29 am 

davidc wrote:
Dave,
Just a heads up, I placed a multi-book order with this seller a couple weeks ago, one of the books didn't get shipped in my box, and I haven't gotten a reply to my inquiry yet (second day...)... I expect I'll be given a refund, so just wasted time & energy, but like I said, just a heads up.

Bugger.
Cheers David, I've made the deal, so I'll let you know!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am 

ashmire13 wrote:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Just waiting to hear back from the seller, but anyone have an idea on what shipping should be to the UK on these three? Don't know the weight, so I can't check on the sites.

EDIT - Seller has come back already, $15 shipping! Sounds like a deal. 25 bucks for all 3 inc shipping to the UK    :)

I have purchased items from this seller many times and have never had any sort of trouble.

eBay listings

Good products in stated conditions, mostly very good prices, always courteous and quick (careful) shipping at reasonable costs.

As for the cougar; despite the hundred plus pages  8O  of   :x   posts regarding cougar, I have dealt with him as a buyer (Bunches) and as a seller (Twice) and have never had trouble with him either.

As for big sellers: I have had the most trouble with the Toads... from badly described condition, and at times even contents and they never use a picture or scan of the actual item being sold.

I HATE THAT! And I find little reason to trust listings they have on E-Bay, but I willl state that (for me) they always did make things right in the end.... it just takes a lot of patience and time and several E-Mails (to several folks) if things go wrong.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:10 pm 

Well, I've had some very positive emails from them already, so I don't see it going wrong, unless its due to being overseas.

I'll let you guys know when the package arrives, I'm looking forward to reading these 3 after you've all been chatting about them recently!  :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:10 pm 

I'm sure it'll all go well, always remember to buy-safe...

(fyi, 2+days, 2 email from me, and no response re the missing book... I'm sure just an easily correctible mistake, and believe me not worth the aggravation, but their feedback won't be 100% for much longer  :? )

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:22 pm 

Two days can be frustrating but it isn't that long.  Have you re-contacted them?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:08 am 

my package has been shipped already, so I'll let you guys know

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:58 am 

FormCritic wrote:Two days can be frustrating but it isn't that long.  Have you re-contacted them?

Yes you're absolutely right... the seller sent a nice note today and will be shipping the book out at their expense... I couldn't ask for anything more :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:33 am 

As I said eariler; geniehobbies is a stand up seller from all of my experiences with them.
I hope your Feedback will reflect the added customer service.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:37 pm 

davidc wrote:
Yes you're absolutely right... the seller sent a nice note today and will be shipping the book out at their expense... I couldn't ask for anything more :)

Excellent news and puts my mind at rest. I can't wait for these 3 books to turn up now!!  :D   (thanks Gnat and you others for giving them such good reviews  :lol: )

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:23 pm 

My experiences with Ebay have included one liar and one scam artist and the rest have been really nice people and good sellers.

There have been five or so transactions where I was sent the wrong item.  They have all been corrected by the seller without cost to me.

There have been two items that did not get through the mailing process in 100% good shape.  I just let it go both times.   Both times, the item suffered minor damage.  I let the seller know that the packaging did not work, but I did not make a fuss.  I figure part of the Ebay community experience is having realistic expectations on my end.

I have given one negative feedback...to the liar mentioned above, when he persisted in his lie.  

I have not yet decided about the scam artist.  He sold my wife a book that was actually an illegal PDF.  I filed a PayPal dispute and got an immediate refund.  (I also told my wife that if there is no shipping cost she ought to ask why.)

I have not decided whether or not to give the scam artist negative feedback because he was smart enough to give in immediately.  In my view, negative feedback should be reserved for the most egregious cases.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:36 am 

http://www.trollandtoad.com/Clearance-S ... teid=42_91

OK, here is the link to the Troll and Toad "RPG Clearance Sale"

Some people don't like Troll and Toad.  I have not had big problems with them.

There are some nice items here, including some modules for $.99 or $1.99 and others for low prices.  (And some not that low in price.)

Something that might be of interest:  Dungeon Crawl Classics modules for prices ranging from "ho hum" to "pretty damn good."

The website is a little clunky compared to Paizo.  I told it to load up 200 at a time and that made it a bit easier to cruise through the sale.

There is a LOT of stuff on sale here...easily worth searching through.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:14 am 

FormCritic wrote:http://www.trollandtoad.com/Clearance-S ... teid=42_91

OK, here is the link to the Troll and Toad "RPG Clearance Sale"

Some people don't like Troll and Toad.  I have not had big problems with them.

There are some nice items here, including some modules for $.99 or $1.99 and others for low prices.  (And some not that low in price.)

Something that might be of interest:  Dungeon Crawl Classics modules for prices ranging from "ho hum" to "pretty damn good."

The website is a little clunky compared to Paizo.  I told it to load up 200 at a time and that made it a bit easier to cruise through the sale.

There is a LOT of stuff on sale here...easily worth searching through.

Am I going to curse you or thank you later..shall see :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:41 am 

Never bought anything from T&T, but am giving it a try - thanks for the heads up.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:18 pm 

Use coupon code FACEBOOK (has to be all caps) to save 5% off total.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:08 pm 

Plaag wrote:Use coupon code FACEBOOK (has to be all caps) to save 5% off total.

ShaneG.

Ooo!  This keeps getting better and better!  Oh wait.  It's Troll & Toad.  Never mind.  :twisted:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:27 pm 

benjoshua wrote:
Ooo!  This keeps getting better and better!  Oh wait.  It's Troll & Toad.  Never mind.  :twisted:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:24 pm 

Since more than one person is ordering from this sale, it might be logical to wait and see what they think of their purchases.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:31 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Since more than one person is ordering from this sale, it might be logical to wait and see what they think of their purchases.

I'm curious as to what people are ordering?  I looked at the sale and wasn't really impressed by most of the prices - only 1 or 2 seemed like a good deal.  A couple of the Blackmoor books were cheap (in the suggest $5 range) but others were $20.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 54123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 525354