D20 Collecting
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 31 of 54123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 525354
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:16 pm 

Suspect that's a little dubious. Perhaps an 'honorarium' as they put it in the US. Either way, the product is a crock. I searly regret the money I paid for it, almost as much as I regret the money I paid for Worlds Worst Dungeon, although I would be willing to bet the AEG product makes for better gameplay than Zeitgeist's abortion.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:53 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
(If you want to read a module where the writers were actual masters of the D20 system, acquire and read Lost City of Gaxmoor from Troll Lord Games.  That module was a good example of the flexibility and power of the D20 rules, from a small group of old-school writers.)

Agree wholeheartedly with this statement. 8)

And not that it matters, but none of you need fear that I will be bidding against you for those Blackmoor Books that Noble Knight will be posting on E-Bay soon.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:59 pm 

Troll and Toad was selling a lot of those D20 books a while back for basically $10 a book.  I just noticed that the Canadian dollar is actually worth more than the US dollar too.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:18 pm 

Mars wrote:Troll and Toad was selling a lot of those D20 books a while back for basically $10 a book.  I just noticed that the Canadian dollar is actually worth more than the US dollar too.

The Troll Lord D20 books are generally available for under $10 total, including shipping, on Ebay.

I bought an extra copy of Lost City of Gaxmoor for $1 plus shipping...basically because I could.  :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:20 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I bought an extra copy of Lost City of Gaxmoor for $1 plus shipping...basically because I could.  :?

Yes, Gaxmoor is cheap.  I was thinking about the Blackmoor books - they were selling all of them around that $10 mark.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:37 am 

My copy of the Pathfinder RPG arrived yesterday.  

It is essentially the rules for 3.5 as they should have been presented.  All of the game mechanics and rules people actually use have been collected in one large book, rather than willy nilly across a Player's Handbook and Dungeon Master's Guide.  

There are a few rule twists and some tinkering with the rules...just enough to make them different/wierd/interesting/gamerly.  This is a serious rival to all other D&D rule sets.

One of the best innovations has to do with clerics turning the undead.  Instead of the unwieldly traditional system, turning does damage.  So, a first level cleric does 1d6 damage to all undead within 30' (a saving throw is allowed).  This goes up by 1d6 at 3rd, 5th, 7th etc.  

Not only is this mechanic more workable, it also has a secondary use.  Instead of turning the undead, the cleric can use a turning attempt (and the same number of d6) to heal living creatures within 30'

Evil clerics heal undead or harm the living.  Good clerics harm undead or heal the living.  Neutral clerics decide at the start of the character which path they will take.

Excellent idea!

It just occured to me that I ought to read the Pathfinder grapple rules.  I wonder if author Jason Bulmahn found a way......?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:38 am 

Mars wrote:
Yes, Gaxmoor is cheap.  I was thinking about the Blackmoor books - they were selling all of them around that $10 mark.

$10 is too much.  These are $5 books during this current collecting era.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:24 am 

Gaxmoor is well worth buying.
The Blackmoor stuff may be worth $5 a book, but there isn't $5 worth of quality in them. These are $1 Store books.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:28 am 

I enjoyed Lost City of Gaxmoor well enough that I also purchased a second copy and would have paid more for that second copy than I did.
(I think I paid about $5 for the first copy from interest alone, and then paid $10 for the second copy)

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:42 am 

As I recall I paid almost $30 for my copy of Gaxmoor on reputation alone, on account of having to have it imported to the UK. It was well worth it, and at some point will be PDFed and added to my collection. Don't quite get why d20 publishers don't milk the PDF revenue stream.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:41 pm 

Speaking of PDFs did you ever scan the Rus Book?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 pm 

This one would now be sold, if it wasn't from the Coug... :x My kind of price   :lol:  

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:26 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Lost-City-of- ... 45f023cdb3

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Just waiting to hear back from the seller, but anyone have an idea on what shipping should be to the UK on these three? Don't know the weight, so I can't check on the sites.

EDIT - Seller has come back already, $15 shipping! Sounds like a deal. 25 bucks for all 3 inc shipping to the UK    :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:08 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
Speaking of PDFs did you ever scan the Rus Book?
Not yet, but it's on my little pile of things I most want to scan. Just haven't had the time since before Xmas. Also picked up some Rus Character Sheets I think, but I can't lay my hands on those right now.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:13 pm 

http://www.arielarchives.com/wiki/index ... Publishing

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:45 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:

Just waiting to hear back from the seller, but anyone have an idea on what shipping should be to the UK on these three? Don't know the weight, so I can't check on the sites.

EDIT - Seller has come back already, $15 shipping! Sounds like a deal. 25 bucks for all 3 inc shipping to the UK    :)

Dave,

Just a heads up, I placed a multi-book order with this seller a couple weeks ago, one of the books didn't get shipped in my box, and I haven't gotten a reply to my inquiry yet (second day...)... I expect I'll be given a refund, so just wasted time & energy, but like I said, just a heads up.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 pm 

So that's who won those.

Glad they were actually for that game.  Congratulations - you probably have the most complete Rus collection on the planet.  :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:51 pm 

Just have to track down more info on them...

I had emailed the seller before the lot was pointed out (dam it..LOL) to find out what they were...

It is one of the areas I really go silly in buying.. Aussie made RPG stuff..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 31 of 54123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 525354