D20 Collecting
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 26 of 54123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 525354
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:36 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:DCC #35 Gazetteer of the Known Realm.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Don't know if this is a good price or not, but it seems to be in greater demand that the other boxed sets, and is probably far more useful if you use that campaign setting.

If it had still been shrinkwrapped the price would have been great.  As it is already opened I'd say the price is a bit on the high side.  However, it is tax return time so I'm sure someone will pick it up for the $100.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:03 pm 

So this item is one that requires shrink to maintain it's value? Curious. I realise there is mention of damaged/scuffed corners, but being reletively new and also out of print, I would have expected the shrinkwrap to have had a negligable influence on price. Much like Rappan Athuk Reloaded or Wilderlands of High Fantasy hold their values despite missing the shrinkwraps.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:54 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So this item is one that requires shrink to maintain it's value? Curious. I realise there is mention of damaged/scuffed corners, but being reletively new and also out of print, I would have expected the shrinkwrap to have had a negligable influence on price. Much like Rappan Athuk Reloaded or Wilderlands of High Fantasy hold their values despite missing the shrinkwraps.

I agree.
Around Christmas, I bought an nm copy of DCC#35 for $56 + $15 s&h + $8 for an nm Saga o/t Dragon Cult totalling $79 approx from the same seller, which I consider to be a fair buy. There was no shrink on either boxed set. I guess for me it's a collector's gut check on a product shift in GG's history (which I think will increase in value).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:03 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So this item is one that requires shrink to maintain it's value? Curious. I realise there is mention of damaged/scuffed corners, but being reletively new and also out of print, I would have expected the shrinkwrap to have had a negligable influence on price. Much like Rappan Athuk Reloaded or Wilderlands of High Fantasy hold their values despite missing the shrinkwraps.

I've purchased a no-shrink nm copy of DCC#35 for less than cover with the same line of reasoning--no regrets.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:16 am 

I paid nearly $92 for a Minty shrink wrapped copy of DCC 35.
Also was able to get one for $46.... a few months later though it was slightly dinged.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:50 am 

World's Largest Dungeon from AEG

$49.99 with free shipping.  You could do a lot worse than this offer.

I understand that there are some groups who have gamed through significant portions of this mega dungeon.

It is an interesting read.  The authors get a fairly good theme going.  It is certainly a chunk of gaming history.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:54 am 

D1 Tomb of Abysthor for $31.00 total (including $3.50 shipping).  This is a fairly good offer if you have not tracked one down yet.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:00 am 

Gary Gygax's Hall of Many Panes boxed set.

The seller has knocked the price down to $14.99 including shipping.

This set is a bundle of really interesting/wierd/useful/strange/fun ideas by the Dungeon Master himself.

Yes, it is designed for Lejendary Adventures, but it can be plugged in to any system if you have half a brain.

The seller has eight of these on hand (as I type).  If you are a Gygax loyalist, or if you collect with an eye for future value, snapping up a brand new copy at this price sounds would probably be a good move.

(One caveat...I have not searched around for a better deal.  That should take you only a second before you hit the Buy-It-Now button.)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:06 am 

OK, this seller pissed me off a bit because his listing link took me to his store rather than to the item I clicked on.

But, this is the Mongoose hardback, The Drow War 3:  The Darkest Hour, for $8.66 plus $4 shipping.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:08 am 

I've never seen this module before.  Anyone know about it?

The shipping is a bit high.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:41 am 

I have a few Steve Jackson d20 modules with silver covers like that, but not that one. The one's I have are d20 versions of the original Steve Jackson Fighting Fantasy books.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:14 am 

There are 6 or 7 Fighting Fantasy D20 modules that were converted from the original Fighting Fantasy books.

If anyone has an extra copy of Deathtrap Dungeon module, I'd be interested.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:52 am 

Mars wrote:There are 6 or 7 Fighting Fantasy D20 modules that were converted from the original Fighting Fantasy books.

8 actually:
   * The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
   * Caverns of the Snow Witch
   * Deathtrap Dungeon
   * Sorcery 1: The Shamutanti Hills
   * Trial of Champions
   * Sorcery 2: Kharé - Cityport of Traps
   * Forest Of Doom
   * Sorcery 3: The Seven Serpents

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.myriador.com

I'm curious if anyone has the downloads from these on their old site, I don't think I picked them up even though I have all the modules.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:52 am 

Mars wrote:There are 6 or 7 Fighting Fantasy D20 modules that were converted from the original Fighting Fantasy books.

8 actually:
   * The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
   * Caverns of the Snow Witch
   * Deathtrap Dungeon
   * Sorcery 1: The Shamutanti Hills
   * Trial of Champions
   * Sorcery 2: Kharé - Cityport of Traps
   * Forest Of Doom
   * Sorcery 3: The Seven Serpents

Old Site

I'm curious if anyone has the downloads from these on their old site, I don't think I picked them up even though I have all the modules.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:53 am 

I love the fighting fantasy line. Still missing 7 books from the old series, but I hadn't heard about these modules. (Anyone collecting the old series of solo books, there are UK versions and USA versions. The UK versions are a larger format but I haven't compared the two for content).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:11 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:(Anyone collecting the old series of solo books, there are UK versions and USA versions. The UK versions are a larger format but I haven't compared the two for content).

I was trying to complete my set of these a while back but never finished - I probably still need a half dozen of them too.  A number of them were also rereleased not so long ago (within the last 10 years anyway).  Most are slightly revised versions of the originals and renumbered but a few new ones were produced as well:

http://www.fightingfantasy.com/index.ph ... 8&Itemid=9

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:51 pm 

I have a few of these silver d20 books, maybe two or three copies of a three titles. I just never put them on eBay 'cos I figured they wouldn't sell. Kinda like the d20 adventures of the Works of Shakespear. I have a few of those, but who would want that sort of stuff? And who would think to write d20 Shakespearian andventures in the first place!?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:12 pm 

Mars wrote:

This isn't the same thing is it?

EDIT : I think I've answered this myself...  :oops:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 26 of 54123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 525354