D20 Collecting
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 48123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 464748
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:53 am 
 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
Are they all hardbacks?  Amazon lists volume 2 as a paperback.


A paperback may exist, but my set are all hardbacks.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7947
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:18 am 
 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
It appears it is a restriction set by the seller.  This is the message I got when I tried (only to check on this restriction) to buy another copy:

This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.

You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:

You are currently winning or have bought the maximum-allowed number of this seller's items in the last 10 days.

Note: If you are still interested in bidding on or buying this item, you may contact the seller and ask that they exempt you from any buyer requirements.


Why a seller would do such a thing, I have not a clue.


I have my restriction set at 50 items for a single buyer. Why someone would restrict buyers to one-two items is beyond me. Perhaps they don't realize they have chosen that restriction.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:39 am 
 

Badmike wrote:
I have my restriction set at 50 items for a single buyer. Why someone would restrict buyers to one-two items is beyond me. Perhaps they don't realize they have chosen that restriction.

Mike B.


Maybe it's one of those anti-reseller crusade people...?


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 581
Joined: Mar 17, 2008
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2021
Location: Evergreen, CO

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:32 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:
I have my restriction set at 50 items for a single buyer.


This is basically unlimited, but why set any restrictions at all?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7947
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:42 pm 
 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
This is basically unlimited, but why set any restrictions at all?


Someone who is an a-hole could really screw up your business by buying a few hundred items in your store and never paying for them; at the very least tying them up for awhile before you could relist them. If someone wanted to buy more than 50 items out of my store, I'd like to get paid for a few of them first before sending them out.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:40 am 
 

Badmike wrote:
Someone who is an a-hole could really screw up your business by buying a few hundred items in your store and never paying for them; at the very least tying them up for awhile before you could relist them. If someone wanted to buy more than 50 items out of my store, I'd like to get paid for a few of them first before sending them out.

Mike B.


I believe that a vicious buyer did exactly that to Badmike last year...tried to sink his online business by buying and not paying.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7947
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:44 pm 
 

FormCritic wrote:
I believe that a vicious buyer did exactly that to Badmike last year...tried to sink his online business by buying and not paying.


Bingo.  I caught and blocked him about a dozen items in, but it can even be a "legitimate" buyer that is a newbie and thinks he wants a bunch of stuff and later reneges.  It's a good block to have.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5616
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 03, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:22 pm 
 

DW's Valus and Ippizicus at $10 atm @  
** expired eBay auction **




Ippizicus was a very low print run:  100 copies for GenCon 2004.


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 28, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:15 pm 
 

DCC #13 with lasso logo worth anything. I have a line on four of them for about $8 each.


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:47 pm 
 

The Amazon pricebots of some sellers have gone insane.  DT2, the Arcane Corrridors Dungeon Tiles, is below $4 new.  The lowest Amazon price was around $20 over the weekend.



. . . http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new



Ordering multiple copies from the same seller did not combine the shipping and handling, so I only ordered a single copy.   :cry:   However, even with shipping, the price was below retail.

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3327
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:18 pm 
 

D20 Monte Cook - PLAYER'S GUIDE TO PTOLUS

Does anyone have a view on this yet? It's cheap to buy, is it worth buying though, interesting?

Got excited for a minute and thought it was the full Campaign set when I saw it.  :lol: [/i]


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 294
Joined: Jun 02, 2006
Last Visit: Feb 06, 2021
Location: Rochester, NY

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:34 pm 
 

ashmire13 wrote:D20 Monte Cook - PLAYER'S GUIDE TO PTOLUS

Does anyone have a view on this yet? It's cheap to buy, is it worth buying though, interesting?

Got excited for a minute and thought it was the full Campaign set when I saw it.  :lol: [/i]


It is a players overview of the City of Ptolus with info about each of the areas of the city, daily life, ect.  Very useful if you plan to run a campaign and want the players to be familiar with the setting.  It's also in the main Ptolus Campaign book.


Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Feb 03, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:41 pm 
 

simrion wrote:
It is a players overview of the City of Ptolus with info about each of the areas of the city, daily life, ect.  Very useful if you plan to run a campaign and want the players to be familiar with the setting.  It's also in the main Ptolus Campaign book.


Does it have a map to the city?

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 294
Joined: Jun 02, 2006
Last Visit: Feb 06, 2021
Location: Rochester, NY

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:45 pm 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Does it have a map to the city?


Good question, it may.  I'll check when I get home.


Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 294
Joined: Jun 02, 2006
Last Visit: Feb 06, 2021
Location: Rochester, NY

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:22 pm 
 

For the Players Guide to Ptolus - there is a map in the very center covering two pages.  It is in grey tones but very readable and provides a numbered key to various locations of interest.  Character background generation info is provided and the book touches on lots of different things such as religion, noble houses, factions within the city and even some history of the Empire where Ptolus resides


Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 581
Joined: Mar 17, 2008
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2021
Location: Evergreen, CO

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:21 am 
 

ashmire13 wrote:D20 Monte Cook - PLAYER'S GUIDE TO PTOLUS

Does anyone have a view on this yet? It's cheap to buy, is it worth buying though, interesting?

Got excited for a minute and thought it was the full Campaign set when I saw it.  :lol: [/i]


If this what I think you are talking about, it consists of the first chapter or two of the full campaign book.  As I recall, it is often available in packs of 5 (so the prospective Ptolus DM can give one to each of the PCs).  I think it is available as a free .pdf.  It is an okay intro to Ptolus if you are thinking of spending some real $$ on the full thing and want a preview.

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3327
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:11 am 
 

Thanks again chaps!!  PDT_Armataz_01_34


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:07 am 
 


** expired eBay auction **




Here's a Necromancer module set worth bidding on!


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:51 am 
 

I went to Half Price Books this weekend.

Believe it or not, I bought 39 modules.

They were the short brochure format modules printed early in the D20 era by AEG and Fantasy Flight Games.

What should I call these modules?  "Brochure" is not quite right because they are saddle stitched.

I mean the modules like this:

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts ... GenreID_E_

I paid $1.25, $1.49 or $1.99 per module.

Anybody else collect these things?  Some of the adventures are pretty good, even given the short format.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:08 am 
 

FormCritic wrote:I went to Half Price Books this weekend.

Believe it or not, I bought 39 modules.

They were the short brochure format modules printed early in the D20 era by AEG and Fantasy Flight Games.

What should I call these modules?  "Brochure" is not quite right because they are saddle stitched.

I mean the modules like this:

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts ... GenreID_E_

I paid $1.25, $1.49 or $1.99 per module.

Anybody else collect these things?  Some of the adventures are pretty good, even given the short format.


I have a huge stack of these as well, some are brilliant and some are not.  We pull them out once in a while as a filler adventure between campaigns :).


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 48123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 464748