[Pied Piper] Tower of Blood update - editing completed
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:41 am 

Hi folks---

I thought you'd appreciate a quick update.  I competed the final portion of editing Tower of Blood last night, and layout had already begun earlier in the week based on the already-finished edits.  We're still working on some map changes and fixes, but they should be wrapped up before I depart for London on Monday.  

Rob said that this is a busy time for the printer, but was optimistic that the turnaround would still be pretty quick.  He'll be able to provide a more specific timeline on delivery of the product to him, and his shipping schedule, once layout is complete and the printer starts their processes.

David Smith has posted the sponsor list to the PPP web site this morning at http://www.pied-piper-publishing.com/index.php/products/tower_of_blood/tob_sponsors, so please take a moment to validate the spelling of your name and the level of sponsorship you're listed at.  If you see any issues, please immediately email Rob Kuntz at [email protected] so that we can fix them prior to sending the book to print.  

Look for some additional updates and announcements from PPP over the next few weeks.  

Thank you for your patience with the extended editing process, and for your continued support of Pied Piper!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:45 am 

Great News! Image

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Great News! [ Image ]

Indeed! Image

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:06 am 

Excellent. Two great news items in one day. The other being the demon idol. My weekend is looking good already. Now all I need is a big time rare with a $50 BIN, and I'll be made.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:17 am 

@ Ian: LOL :D

Folks, a few users on other boards have requested to have their online usernames added to their real names (which Rob took from paypal payments/account names, mostly).  If anyone else wants their online handles added to their sponsorship names, please email Rob to let us know.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:18 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Excellent. Two great news items in one day. The other being the demon idol. My weekend is looking great already. Now all I need are some Night Ventures with a $50 BIN, and I'll be made.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:16 am 

grodog, in response to 'where's Rob, where's Tower of Blood' queries, yesterday or so on Dragonsfoot wrote:I'll post more detailed news after chatting with Rob tomorrow, if I have anything additional to mention, but in quick summary:  

• ToB layout is about 98.7% done:  we're making final tweaks to maps, text, and covers before going to press
  • Rob's burning the midnight oil working on the not-so-secret-anymore Paizo project
  • Rob's burning the daylight oil working on the Living Room, Merlynd's Castle, and Bottle City
  • Rob's spending quality time with Angela

And the breaking news, straight from Rob:  Bottle City will be a print project, in limited- and standard edition formats (we'll be featuring BC art and details on the back of the Tower of Blood cover; more details will be firming up on order dates, pricing for the limited edition, etc. within a week or so).  The Original Living Room should be going on sale within a week, perhaps as soon as a few days.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:49 am 

grodog wrote:
And the breaking news, straight from Rob:  Bottle City will be a print project, in limited- and standard edition formats (we'll be featuring BC art and details on the back of the Tower of Blood cover; more details will be firming up on order dates, pricing for the limited edition, etc. within a week or so).  The Original Living Room should be going on sale within a week, perhaps as soon as a few days.

Sounds like a great Christmas present...for myself!  Thanks for going the limited AND standard edition....some of us are collectors, some of us are just interested in reading through the historic item, glad you are going to cater to both....!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:46 pm 

Please....what is The Original Living Room?

Also...a price on Bottle City?  Roughly....?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:47 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Please....what is The Original Living Room?

The Original Living Room level is the first release in the Lake Geneva Castle and Campaign series of products.  For more details, see the PPP board @ http://p085.ezboard.com/Lake-Geneva-Cas ... shingfrm63

MShipley88 wrote:Also...a price on Bottle City?  Roughly....?

We should have the details finalized very soon, but roughly the limited edition will be $150, and the standard edition will be $20.  There will be some content and qualitative differences between the two editions.  

In order to avoid the concerns raised by fans about the timing of the announcements for the sponsorship for Tower of Blood, we'll announce all of the details about the BC limited edition one week ahead of when the first orders will be accepted.  The standard edition orders will only be accepted after the limited edition has been shipped (so figure a 4-8 week delay from when first limited edition orders are being taken before the first standard edition orders will ship).

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:17 pm 

grodog wrote:
We should have the details finalized very soon, but roughly the limited edition will be $150, and the standard edition will be $20.  There will be some content and qualitative differences between the two editions.  

In order to avoid the concerns raised by fans about the timing of the announcements for the sponsorship for Tower of Blood, we'll announce all of the details about the BC limited edition one week ahead of when the first orders will be accepted.  The standard edition orders will only be accepted after the limited edition has been shipped (so figure a 4-8 week delay from when first limited edition orders are being taken before the first standard edition orders will ship).

If I understand you right, there will be differences in the text of the standard and limited editions?

Some parts of the module will be left out of the standard edition as a slap to lower-end buyers?  Is that what I'm reading?

Standard edition orders only after the limited editions ship?

Won't that kind of limit the excitement about Bottle City to a circle of about two dozen buyers?

Mark   :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:22 pm 

Actually the text of the module will be intact in both version, sorry for the confusion Mark.  The differences will be in additional materials---the limited edition will include reproductions of the manuscript pages, in addition to the text transcription (which will also appear in the standard version), for example.  The limited edition will be printed on nicer paper, and will also have some essays by Rob about the history of the BC that don't appear in the standard edition (but I will be writing an introduction about BC that will appear in both versions).  

Does that help clarify things?  We should have all of these details up on the web site very soon.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:23 am 

grodog wrote:Actually the text of the module will be intact in both version, sorry for the confusion Mark.  The differences will be in additional materials---the limited edition will include reproductions of the manuscript pages, in addition to the text transcription (which will also appear in the standard version), for example.  The limited edition will be printed on nicer paper, and will also have some essays by Rob about the history of the BC that don't appear in the standard edition (but I will be writing an introduction about BC that will appear in both versions).  

Does that help clarify things?  We should have all of these details up on the web site very soon.

I think that's a pretty good solution...make the standard edition affordable, but the special edition with enough goodies and upgrades to make it worth the extra money.  Hell I'm think about putting down $150 now!  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:45 am 

grodog wrote:Actually the text of the module will be intact in both version, sorry for the confusion Mark.  The differences will be in additional materials---the limited edition will include reproductions of the manuscript pages, in addition to the text transcription (which will also appear in the standard version), for example.  The limited edition will be printed on nicer paper, and will also have some essays by Rob about the history of the BC that don't appear in the standard edition (but I will be writing an introduction about BC that will appear in both versions).  

I would say that the reproductions and special essays would probably make the special editions worthwhile to high end buyers.  They sound cool.

I'd love to see a number of old timer manuscripts in pdf format.

I don't think the delay in taking orders for the standard edition is a good idea.  The people who are likely to buy the deluxe version are not likely to be deterred by the existence of a lower-end product....and the delay in even accepting orders for the standard edition is sure to cut its sales.  

Mark   8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:36 am 

Howdy Allan,

Good news on all fronts! I'm relieved to know I'll have more Christmas presents to buy this winter to go with my ties and slippers!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:59 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I'd love to see a number of old timer manuscripts in pdf format.

Based on the feedback we've gotten from fans and collectors so far, it's very unlikely that PPP will be offering .pdf documents in the near future.  Most folks have expressed, very strongly, the desire for print products over .pdf format products.  

MShipley88 wrote:I don't think the delay in taking orders for the standard edition is a good idea.  The people who are likely to buy the deluxe version are not likely to be deterred by the existence of a lower-end product....and the delay in even accepting orders for the standard edition is sure to cut its sales.  

I'll talk to Rob about that, and see.  His concern was just what you stated, Mark:  that if the standard edition is available at the same time, that it would slow down the sales/orders of the limited edition.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:06 am 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Good news on all fronts! I'm relieved to know I'll have more Christmas presents to buy this winter to go with my ties and slippers!

Oh?  Were those from Greenfield Needlewomen, or another as-yet-undiscovered brilliant TSR subsidiary that you've managed to unearth? ;)

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:17 pm 

Excellent news, Allan.

Thanks again for your hard work with all of this!  I'm very excited about the BC project.

Let mirth prevail!

Next