Thieves World different prints
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 am 

Mars wrote:2nd Print
* Cover lacks Winner Best Role-Playing Adventure H.G. Wells ...
* The left long side of box has thieves' world in big letters down the side, Chaosium logo and stock number 2007-X at the bottom.
* The right long side of box has thieves' world stepped like the TSR logo in a 2 inch box, and a description
* Maze maps inside have a brownish filler
* Text inside books is also brown
* Cover of Personalities of Sanctuary has a blue/purple picture
* States Second Edition on back top left corner

I have only one copy and the notes posted by Mars above describes my set exactly.
Adding only this:
There is a Mail in card and a single loose sheet listing the box sets contents (See picture below).
All three books have card stock covers and they all have brown text and brown sketches inside.

ImageImage

Image Image

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:I have both....

Such a maddening hobby :)   I've never collected Sanctuary and so I've missed this fun...

*must update searches*

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:01 am 

davidc wrote:
Such a maddening hobby :)   I've never collected Sanctuary and so I've missed this fun...

Actually, I kept the black text one because the booklets were different from my brown one. Didn't see before few years (that sounds amazing) that the text on box is in black instead of brown  :?

As for my black text 2nd ed. copy (with paper covers), there is a catalog inside, summer 1986. So this box, with paper covers appears to be a "recent" print (3rd, 4th?)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Previous