Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 113123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:16 am 

gyg wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Free City of Haven - is this any good?

Gyg...you ought to bid on it.  Haven can be a sought-after item...particularly in first edition.

A second edition boxed set of Haven...with essentially the same material...is available as a Buy-In-Now from fencert.  He has been selling them for a while.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:36 am 

FormCritic wrote:
Gyg...you ought to bid on it.  Haven can be a sought-after item...particularly in first edition.

A second edition boxed set of Haven...with essentially the same material...is available as a Buy-In-Now from fencert.  He has been selling them for a while.

'Mark made me do it' - another excuse to the good lady for all the parcels that arrive at my door!! :lol:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:43 am 

serleran wrote:It would be a steal if it had the Dragons expansion (that goes for around $300 or so, as I've been watching) so its not quite a "complete" set of expansions. But, it is a fairly good deal, since it has the boxes (very hard to find - 90% of auctions don't include the boxes) and has everything but the most difficult to get expansion. I paid $300 for the base game and two expansions... so, to me, its a great price. But, shipping is a huge factor...

I'm really thinking of getting rid of my 3rd ed lot of these...

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:11 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Agh, I've been wanting these for ages. Are they worth the $500 or so it would cost?

Isn't Talisman going to be rereleased in a month or so?  Anyone know what the differences between editions are?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:38 am 

Mars wrote:
Isn't Talisman going to be rereleased in a month or so?  Anyone know what the differences between editions are?

There is a real difference between the 1st/2nd edition and the 3rd one. First the material which is different. And the ends are different too. In the 3rd you only have to defeat the dragon, and with the power of some items and the facility to increase your abilities, it is very simple to win (and there is a lot of rules problems). For the 1st/2nd, you have to take the crown of command and kill all other players before they join you in the tower. But the adventure expansion add 6 different endings (killing the dragon is one of them, but you will have to kill directly all other players, you could finish the game in a vortex, etc.). More interesting.
The main idea is the same but I prefer the 1st/2nd game. However the material of the 3rd is much better. You can look on boardgamegeek, there is a lot of pictures.
The 4th one can be viewed at blackindustries.com. I am very disappointed by this edition since characters are a piece of cardboard, not miniatures... But of course, each miniature is available at GW... for f***ing  5£ each!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:41 am 

And 200£ is for me over what it worst. I bought most of the expansion on ebay, and for the total I think I paid... $200, no more, including shipping, for the whole. There is a loooottttt of these expansions to sell on ebay, you just have to look carefully and.. be patient.

Only the Dragon expansion is very expensive and rare, around $150 to $300.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:32 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Agh, I've been wanting these for ages. Are they worth the $500 or so it would cost?

well i did some checking on this, this morning having gotten a PM from someone with a heads-up.

i dont think the BIN is that good a price as the components with it are "ok". its not got any of the super-value extras so the value itself is only so-so value-wise. prb not bad if someone wants it in one go, but for a re-selling scenario, i dont think you leave much room for manouvering myself.

just my .02 of course.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:52 am 

Its like everything... some people are willing to pay more for things, to have them. I've not seen too many Talisman 2e things come up that actually have the boxes with them (in fact, I have a running joke with my fiancée every time a Talisman expansion comes up where I say: "I bet it doesn't have a box... oooo, yay! I'm right!" [not very funny, but true]). And so, for that alone, they are worth a little more, and at roughly $100 each, its a fairly decent deal... not a major great one (if it had the Dragons expansion, it would kick ass,) nor one that is extraordinarily insane, either.

Also, if it were me (since I'm talking about it), I wouldn't get them for resale... I'd get them for playing. :)

And, regarding T4e... it was released at GenCon. 50 copies/day. Its not generally available to the public until October 14th or something.

There are some serious differences between early Talisman (1/2e) and third. Third edition stuff tends to go for a lot more money, despite, in my opinion, being the weakest of the versions.

The Talisman stuff does come up often, but finding a truly complete version can be difficult.

But, hey, if anyone wants Talisman 1e, I have a copy I don't need. :)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:43 am 

Elric: Adventure at the End of Time

Box is a little banged up around the corners, but the price is currently nice.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:46 pm 

Looks like only King, Mark, Lance and myself saw this. Lance got it for a song. You won't see another one again for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, if ever.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:47 am 

I think a lot of people saw it (like me) but too expensive. Only a few peope have money to pay this for it  :evil:

This seller have some very interesting lot but US only (and don't want to ship overseas anyway):

Thieves world + Brotherhood of the Bolt + Street of Gems + Skull & Crossbones +... in one lot

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thieves-World-Judge ... dZViewItem

a CoC lot with whispers in the dark

http://cgi.ebay.com/Call-of-Cthulhu-Box ... otohosting

All the world monsters + 2 arduin dungeons

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:50 am 

And for whose are living in UK, an interesting Talisman 3rd ed lot (with DUngeon of doom and City of adventure)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:17 am 

Uninteresting TSR lot except for a single figure in the last auction picture.  I have asked the seller if the miniature has been painted gold or is gold-plated.  Picture link is also included below.

. . .  

. . . http://i12.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/b6/9b/52ad_1.JPG

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:27 am 

lokiwookie wrote:I think a lot of people saw it (like me) but too expensive. Only a few peope have money to pay this for it  :evil:

This seller have some very interesting lot but US only (and don't want to ship overseas anyway):

Thieves world + Brotherhood of the Bolt + Street of Gems + Skull & Crossbones +... in one lot

a CoC lot with whispers in the dark

All the world monsters + 2 arduin dungeons

Seller also has a lot with Rolemaster and MERP items including Umbar and Ardor:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:30 am 

Could one of you kindly UKers accept and forward on the Talisman lot if I win it? I will, of course, pay!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:59 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Could one of you kindly UKers accept and forward on the Talisman lot if I win it? I will, of course, pay!

Sure, drop me requirements/ details in a PM.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:47 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Could one of you kindly UKers accept and forward on the Talisman lot if I win it? I will, of course, pay!

frank - will sort it if you want mate.

Al

ps. though the parcel is gonna be bloody huge you know.

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:21 pm 

What do you think the damage would be guys, roughly?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 113123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 111112113