Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 30 of 113123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:35 am 

Mars wrote:I wonder how much this seller's reserve price is.  His statements:

seem to suggest he wants a ton for it.  I picked up my copy from Greg Stafford's auctions for about $10.

Heh, I did see the reserve on there which made me leary, particularly with the already highish $10 opening bid, but if its anymore than $15 I think I'll pass.  :wink:  

I did however pick MegaMan 6 from him:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

:P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:07 pm 

Big lot of Stormbringer/Elric RPG items:

http://cgi.ebay.com/19-Stormbringer-Haw ... dZViewItem

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:04 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Big lot of Stormbringer/Elric RPG items:

USA Only :x

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:11 am 

... and it's from an IStoleIt franchise, meaning they won't budge on their shipping policies. Any interested international folks are going to have to use the time-tested "mate in the states" method if they want those items.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:19 am 

White Bear and Red Moon and a Wyrms Footnotes #1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=008

Looks nice, siutting at $49 with only one bid(Greg Stafford  :? ) and 2 Days 8 Hours to go.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Fri May 04, 2007 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:21 am 

Avalon Hill General magazine #5 Vol 4 from 1968:

Covers Gen Con 1!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:30 am 

Nice looking set of 6 Grimtooth's Traps books(okay this isn't that interesting, but hey they are all in 1 lot!):

Sitting at $10 with just over 2 days to go.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:36 am 

Fantasy Adventure Encounter Cards from Bob Liddil:

No bids, sitting at $6 with a little over 4 days to go.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:18 pm 

bclarkie wrote: with only one bid(Greg Stafford  :? ) and 2 Days 8 Hours to go.

Two bids!  :wink:

I think I'll be taking a shot at this one ... what a gorgeous item.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:White Bear and Red Moon and a Wyrms Footnotes #1:

Looks nice, siutting at $49 with only one bid(Greg Stafford  :? ) and 2 Days 8 Hours to go.

So it looks like Greg won it. Which is cool with me, but I can't help but wonder ... why? Rebuilding his personal collection is the only thing that comes to mind.

Anyway, no big deal. I'm mostly just curious.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:32 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:So it looks like Greg won it. Which is cool with me, but I can't help but wonder ... why? Rebuilding his personal collection is the only thing that comes to mind.

Anyway, no big deal. I'm mostly just curious.

Oh no I can almost guarantee, he's going to resell them...signed. :roll:  He's been doing it for awhile now.

Last edited by bclarkie on Wed May 09, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:43 pm 

Man, that makes losing it to him suck even more than it did when I thought he just wanted it.

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:22 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Oh no I can almost guarantee, he's going to resell them...signed. :roll:  He's been doing it for awhile now.

Agreed, and he'll get a premium for the item for who he is as well...

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm 

From who?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:18 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:Agreed, and he'll get a premium for the item for who he is as well...

But ... really?

Is he having any success with this plan? And since when did a signature from a gaming figure mean anything (in a financial sense) to anyone? I mean, unless it happens to be your all-time favorite designer or your all-time favorite product or something. I guess. Maybe.

Seriously, I thought it was sort of an industry joke that game designers' signatures meant less than nothing. And I sort of liked it that way. Our little niche does not need to begin resembling baseball-card or comic-book collecting.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:37 pm 

In a slightly different field, Terry Pratchett has been quoted as saying there are more of his books signed than unsigned!

While patently untrue he does sign a shed load of books, something that he considers 'after sales service', so a TP sig is worthless, particularly as he personalises many.

(what a nice guy - My signed Mort 1st print is one of my prized possessions but is, for all intents and purposes, worthless to anyone but me)

(And if you're looking for the value of a sig in modern writing do a search fro 'Children of Hurin' recently sold on ebay - these have been going for a little over the cover price!

(as an example but look at some of the others)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:38 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:But ... really?

Is he having any success with this plan? And since when did a signature from a gaming figure mean anything (in a financial sense) to anyone? I mean, unless it happens to be your all-time favorite designer or your all-time favorite product or something. I guess. Maybe.

Seriously, I thought it was sort of an industry joke that game designers' signatures meant less than nothing. And I sort of liked it that way. Our little niche does not need to begin resembling baseball-card or comic-book collecting.

I don't think that his sig adds at all to the price, what I mean is that there are some poeple who would be more willing to pay more from him than from an unknown person due to a couple of things.. some of the RQ collectors would check out his auctions as they know that he sells RQ stuff (ie have him on their watch list) and trust his opinion of grade, they fact that he sells a couple of goos items at once and so you can save on shipping   etc for example Burnie regurly gets more for for some of his stuff that what I expect it goes for because those that bid on his items know him from here or have bought from him before (ie he has a good rep with those that can afford spend quite a large chunk of $$)

and of course at that price its a steal;)

Brette:)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:46 pm 

I have certainly found that my expertise is worth far more than my autograph.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 30 of 113123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 111112113