Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 27 of 113123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 111112113
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:53 pm 

- ps. he has a 1st print Spell Law up too.

blocked by seller. lol
favor returned

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:19 am 

ARDUIN ADVENTURE - Could someone please tell me more about this item as I have never seen it before. Does it incorporate all of the original three books (supplements) into this one book?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I totally missed bidding on this item, as I thought that I could finish watching the pedantic episode of CSI that they had on tonight before I had to bid. That will teach me to trust the "Time Left" and the Date/Time on a borrowed laptop :x

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:11 am 

This one's nice for two reasons:

1. The item is rarely seen in this condition;

2. The seller is one of our own.

Shrinkwrapped old-school Cosmic Encounter

So now I'm like one of those guys with the little angel and devil perched on his shoulders ...

Devil: "Go ahead, bid! You know you have to have it!"

Angel: "Dude! You've got like THIRTEEN sets of this edition already!"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:35 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

This listing of the Maze of Zayene set by Rob Kuntz...listed by Noble Knight Games....has already ended.

What I wanted to point out was the finishing price for the auction:  $20

If you want one of these sets you should set a snipe because they are reachable.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:41 am 

PM-Knight wrote:ARDUIN ADVENTURE - Could someone please tell me more about this item as I have never seen it before. Does it incorporate all of the original three books (supplements) into this one book?

I totally missed bidding on this item, as I thought that I could finish watching the pedantic episode of CSI that they had on tonight before I had to bid. That will teach me to trust the "Time Left" and the Date/Time on a borrowed laptop :x

PM-Knight:

What you are looking at is the booklet that used to go inside of the Arduin boxed set.

Since the booklet was pretty much the only thing inside the box, you are not missing much.

This booklet includes the basic game.  The Arduin Grimoire, and its successors, are full of extra details....much like the basic game of OD&D and then "supplements" like Greyhawk and Blackmoor.

So...the booklet is sort of the Holmes Basic Set of Arduin.

The Arduin system is currently available in two perfect-bound book...one for the rules and one called "resources" which is mostly full of spell descriptions.  Emperor's Choice has announced a new edition, which I believes combines both books.  These more recent editions of the game lack the artwork by Morno, Otus and others that gave the originals their charm and their overall feel.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:48 pm 

Central Casting Dungeons:

Greg Stafford has up another Wyrms Footnotes 12:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:33 pm 

This lot of New Infinities modules by Gary Gygax is certainly worth a bid.

Currently at $0.95, for sale by our own Reindeergamez. With shipping under $4.00!

Three non-TSR classics in one (for now) quite inexpensive price.  Somebody (or two) ought to be interested in this one.

Mark   8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:50 pm 

This one is hilarious. I'd never even heard of the game before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44111

"...Contrary to my expectations, the World of Synnibarr did not suck all of the flesh off of my face, leaving behind only a screaming skull. It did not rape my other gaming products, leaving them pregnant with "neomods", McCracken-speak for something as simple as a gaming module..."

:lol:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:02 pm 

- This one is hilarious. I'd never even heard of the game before:

-  
[/url]

http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_4762.html

'because there's nobody at the switch; just a series of random encounters determined by blind idiot luck. It's like Azathoth designed a role-playing game'.

lol. worse rating than spawn of fashan

bipolar reviews on http://www.amazon.com/World-Synnibarr-R ... 1881171000 :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:46 am 

The seller put this up with a $130 BIN and our very good friend senorcoo screwed it up.  With the normal going prices of these two items $130 is a bargain.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:08 am 

Absolutely yes, he is a complete mug if he is in the US - because the BIN had free shipping too!!

IF the Antarctic pack is complete - it can go for c. $45-$60.  About a year ago some guy sold a stash out about one every two weeks, and the price dropped slowly from $65 down to about $39 if I recall.  I just got outbid on one that hit $57.

BtMoM can really vary.  Chaosium re-print occasionally and have also just advertised a 2nd edition (although with what variations no-one knows  :?: ) - it can go for $75, right up to $140+

Ah well...  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:07 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Everway-Role-Playin ... 0104492994

...what's that???

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:07 am 

That was Wizards of the Coasts attempt at doing a Role Playing game.
They tried to incorporate Trading Cards into the game and it was a big $$$ loser for them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:32 am 

Tharizdun wrote:That was Wizards of the Coasts attempt at doing a Role Playing game.
They tried to incorporate Trading Cards into the game and it was a big $$$ loser for them.

Yeah, course it lead to Magic. I got the box set and complete box of SW cards for cheap..odd concept, but some of the art is cool.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:45 am 

aia wrote:

...what's that???

Everway is a game that uses Tarot-style cards to facilitate gameplay.  The books are not entirely useless without the cards; a pseudo-Everway system can be fudged by using some other source of inspiration.  However, Everway is already different from a normal RPG, so you would be straying far afield.

As a collectible, it came in a huge box with lots of paper, as the auction indicates.  Original price was large for the time.

Google for it and read what the creator and others have to say . . .

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:05 pm 

Plaag wrote:RE: Everway

Yeah, course it lead to Magic. I got the box set and complete box of SW cards for cheap..odd concept, but some of the art is cool.

ShaneG.

Actually, Magic predated Everway; Everway was created with Magic money. It was WotC's Primal Order series (not a game per se, but an add on to many different games) that predated Magic. Everway was developed by Jonathan Tweet, the same guy who was a lead designer, along with Monte Cook, of 3E D&D (he was also a major figure in Ars Magic 3E and 4E, IIRC, and the WotC edition of Talislanta, which also followed Magic).

Everway was WotC's abortive effort to develop an in-house RPG (Talislanta, SLA Industries, and Ars Magica were bought from out of house, though re-designed in house). It was an interesting design, but ultimately doomed as it came out just as MMORPG-style themes began taking over gaming minds... too esoteric, not number-crunchy character-buildy enough. The whole RPG division was jettisoned after the failure of the game to catch, though how much of that was Everway and how much was a business decision to focus on TCGs I don't know. Then later, of course, WotC bought TSR...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:20 pm 

Anyone recognize these?  Could they be Archive minis?

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:24 pm 

Never mind.  As dense as I am, I overlooked the huge "Grendadier" label in the TITLE.  Doh!

Let mirth prevail!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 27 of 113123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 111112113