Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 24 of 113123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 111112113
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:39 am 

Lot of 11 Yaquinto album games.  High opening bid and shipping, but seller says he will refund unused shipping:

. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:51 am 

mdr003 wrote:
Hi Bombadil -

I have a copy that I picked up on ebay last year - I saw it and picked it up on a whim. It's not as interesting as it first appears though. Let me know if you want more info on it before you decide to bid, and I'll dig it out.

Regards

Mike

Thanks, Mike.  I'm mainly interested in the production quality...artwork, writing, depth, physical quality of the paper, etc.  Any details would be welcome.  

Thanks!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:03 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Lot of 11 Yaquinto album games.  High opening bid and shipping, but seller says he will refund unused shipping:

. . .  

Nice! Why don't auctions like this ever show up in Australia..... :?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:27 pm 

I just uploaded the following two items:

Three Issues of Warlock Magazine -  

Whimsy Cards - Deck I: The Path of Horror -  

AnthonyRoberson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:29 pm 

bombadil wrote:
Thanks, Mike.  I'm mainly interested in the production quality...artwork, writing, depth, physical quality of the paper, etc.  Any details would be welcome.  

Thanks!   :D

Hi Stephen -

PM sent with some photos of the game - let me know if you need any further info. (PM'd to avoid clogging the thread with large photos... if by any chance anyone else wants photos of the game, PM and I'll send them out).

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:19 pm 

Mars wrote:I don't think [Troll Lord Games' Lost City of Gaxmoor] is terribly exciting.  It seems to be pretty massively produced though.

It's OK.  Badly edited, as most TLG books, but it has some interesting content, and was originally set in Greyhawk.  There were some posts to that effect back on Greytalk when it was originally released, I'll have to see if I've still got the printouts of the background (since the online versions vanished with the Greytalk archive).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:22 pm 

CelticTony wrote:I just uploaded the following two items:

Whimsy Cards - Deck I: The Path of Horror -  

FYI, these are actually Story Path cards, not Whimsy cards, which are an earlier inspiration for the SP cards (and rather different in game play/usage).

For some details, see Shannon Appelcline's history of Lion Rampant on rpg.net @ http://www.rpg.net/columns/briefhistory ... ry10.phtml

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:45 am 

grodog wrote:FYI, these are actually Story Path cards, not Whimsy cards, which are an earlier inspiration for the SP cards (and rather different in game play/usage).

For some details, see Shannon Appelcline's history of Lion Rampant on rpg.net @ http://www.rpg.net/columns/briefhistory ... ry10.phtml

The above URL has links to more detailed articles on on White Wolf.  According to one of those other links, an additional 81 Story Path cards were released in 1996 by Three Guys Gaming.  To me that sounds like nine 3x3 sheets of cards.  Has anyone ever seen these?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:The above URL has links to more detailed articles on on White Wolf.  According to one of those other links, an additional 81 Story Path cards were released in 1996 by Three Guys Gaming.  To me that sounds like nine 3x3 sheets of cards.  Has anyone ever seen these?

Yes, they were actually issued inside a plastic VCR box for packaging, and were more like the Whimsy Cards than the Storypath cards in style and play usage.  I still prefer the originals, but the 3 Guys folks did make some nice additions to the original Whimsys.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:57 pm 

grodog wrote:
FYI, these are actually Story Path cards, not Whimsy cards, which are an earlier inspiration for the SP cards (and rather different in game play/usage).

Oops.  Well, in my defense they do actually read 'The New Whimsy Cards!' on the front...

AnthonyRoberson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:57 pm 

Ysgarth Rule System Boxed Set -  

AnthonyRoberson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:24 pm 

CelticTony wrote:Oops.  Well, in my defense they do actually read 'The New Whimsy Cards!' on the front...

No worries, CelticTony, without knowing Whimsy Cards beforehand (and they were rather limited in print run), there's no way you'd know otherwise :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:48 pm 

While I am here, I might as well as post this as it seems to have gotten missed so far:

War of the Ring with the Gondor and Sauron expansions. 20 hours to go and sitting at only $11. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:14 am 

Here is another War of the Ring:

Seller says the item is in original shrinkwrap.  Regardless, I usually don't see the tray and cover in this nice of shape.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:54 am 

Anybody own a copy of this?

FGU Fortifications plans.  Just wondering if it's cool and worth a bid or not.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:40 pm 

Yassuh, I have one. I think I liked it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:43 pm 

Some of the FGU stuff is pretty good.  Nice look and feel to it.  Maybe I'll have a go at this one.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:13 am 

Hi all,

I was thinking of putting some of my old game stuff on ebay since none of my nieces and nephews seem to be interested in getting into it.

The conditions range from well played with to fairly untouched.

A lot of Car Wars, 1st edition Thieves Guild, 1st edition Chivalry & Sorcery, a White box edition of D&D (not 1st printing).  All of the supplements except chainmail.  Boxed traveller (water damaged),1st edition Space Opera Book 1 & 2 (box gone), a ton of those little nova game books, early Tunnels and Trolls and lots of modules, tons of RoleMaster and MERP stuff.  Pretty much everything I have except some of my AD&D 1st edition and Call of Cthulthu stuff.  I mention this in case any of you are looking for a specific piece.

Are there any holy grails in RPG or fantasy/sci fi wargame collecting?  No unfortunately I don't have Empire of the Petal Throne or SPI War of the Ring(anymore).

PS Oh yeah, and that link you posted to War of the Ring wasn't the version I had.  Mine was in a thick white box from SPI and had hard board maps.  As I recall the map took up half a ping pong table and the game had a character game and a war game.  The two times we tried the war game I remember it taking weeks.  One of the many thing that was borrowed and dissapeared over the years.  :(  (The again, there are things in my collection I can't remember buying as well..)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 24 of 113123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 111112113