Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 113123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 111112113
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:34 am 

Pretty decent copy of Umbar:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Seller also has Court of Ardor:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:13 am 

I don't know if it is a fair price or not but White Dwarf n°1

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:23 am 

Azhag2000 has a copy of The Manual of Aurania, 2nd Edition.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:02 am 

Hi All,

Not sure if these items were already posted, but I'm just curious about them. I have no idea of their value and just took a stab at bidding when they were at $21+, but I guess that I was waaayy off. Aside from them being from Rob Kuntz, who I realize is very busy with PPP, what is their intrinsic value? It can not be what Noble Knight is suggesting ($70.00 EACH :roll: ); otherwise this auction would be a lot higher. Can someone give me a quick 411?

BTW, I just recently received my first PPP module, CAS1, and it looks pretty cool. Not too keen about the smoke smell, but it gives it character 8) .  It has a very nostalgic feel, except for the larger font & white space (easier on the eyes 8O ) and the italic text as opposed to text boxes, which I am still not sure which I like better. Both achieve the same result IMHO.

Thanks,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:34 am 

PM-Knight wrote:Not sure if these items were already posted, but I'm just curious about them. I have no idea of their value and just took a stab at bidding when they were at $21+, but I guess that I was waaayy off. Aside from them being from Rob Kuntz, who I realize is very busy with PPP, what is their intrinsic value? It can not be what Noble Knight is suggesting ($70.00 EACH :roll: ); otherwise this auction would be a lot higher. Can someone give me a quick 411?

They're from Rob's old Creations Unlimited company, and NK sells them regularly on eBay.  They go for $30-100, depending on the bidders.  For details, you can check out a recent thread on the PPP boards @ http://p085.ezboard.com/fpiedpiperpubli ... ID=4.topic

PM-Knight wrote:BTW, I just recently received my first PPP module, CAS1, and it looks pretty cool. Not too keen about the smoke smell, but it gives it character 8) .  It has a very nostalgic feel, except for the larger font & white space (easier on the eyes 8O ) and the italic text as opposed to text boxes, which I am still not sure which I like better. Both achieve the same result IMHO.

You'll see a marked improvement in the layout and design of Tower of Blood, in comparison to Cairn of the Skeleton King, if you end up picking it up, Paul.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:45 am 

PM-Knight wrote:It can not be what Noble Knight is suggesting ($70.00 EACH :roll: ); otherwise this auction would be a lot higher. Can someone give me a quick 411?

At one point these were rare? and did sell for $70 each although NK bought a ton of stock and has been selling these off for years now.  3 or 4 years ago these sets were selling at over $100+.  With your bid of $50+ I'm sure you will receive a second chance offer on them too but I think you can get them for cheaper if you wait.  I'm not sure what the minimum price needs to be for NK to offer you a second chance offer but a while back I bought a second set this way for $26.   The cheapest I have seen the set sell for is $20.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:17 am 

Aia started a thread about these a while back.

i have also seen them sell for $20ish but they normally tend to rise to about 30-40 and sometimes 50 on an odd occasion. as mentioned , it depends on who is after them at the time. with a little patience, you can normally pick them up quite cheap.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:19 am 

killjoy32 wrote:Aia started a thread about these a while back.

i have also seen them sell for $20ish but they normally tend to rise to about 30-40 and sometimes 50 on an odd occasion. as mentioned , it depends on who is after them at the time. with a little patience, you can normally pick them up quite cheap.

Al

yeah, right al!!! and in case i have a spare lot... should you be interested, then pm me!  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:10 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:Aia started a thread about these a while back.

Al

The set on my shelf was sniped down about four months ago with a bid in the $20-30 range.

I had just barely missed out on a Buy-It-Now from NobleKnight at, like $21, and I contacted him asking for another set at that price.  The answer was a polite "no."

But, within two weeks I had won for right around that price from NobleKnight on Ebay.

My sense is that the set is "rare" because only NobleKnight has them in quantity...but that they are not "rare" in terms of how many of them remain in shrinkwrap, still to go on auction.

My own set is still in the bubble wrap from NobleKnight...if you want to offer me...say...$100.   :wink:

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:13 pm 

Forgot to mention....Pied Piper Publishing has this version of Garden of the Plantmaster for sale as a pdf.  The price was $10, with an offer to update with a new edition if PPP offers an udated pdf in the future.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:41 pm 

Not a RPG item but this is a really nice & fun book to add to a collection

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:56 pm 

Really nice looking Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium:

Currently $41.00 with about 4 1/2 days to go.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:53 pm 

Mars wrote:
At one point these were rare? and did sell for $70 each although NK bought a ton of stock and has been selling these off for years now.  3 or 4 years ago these sets were selling at over $100+.  With your bid of $50+ I'm sure you will receive a second chance offer on them too but I think you can get them for cheaper if you wait.  I'm not sure what the minimum price needs to be for NK to offer you a second chance offer but a while back I bought a second set this way for $26.   The cheapest I have seen the set sell for is $20.

Hey Mars,

You are 100% correct :o  as there is a 2nd chance offer, which is only good until March 6th. Talk about trying to motivate your buyer. I wish that I had known this before making my second bid, as I would be happy with a $40 purchase . . . $10 per item in S/W, plus the flyer seems like a good deal to me, especially if a PDF is $10 as well. I will see what Aaron has to say and if I get a slightly better deal, I will post it here.

Thanks,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:02 pm 

Lovely condition MERP lot (19 items), and not terribly well described, so might not attract the attention they would normally get.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:19 am 

Seller has several Traveller fanzine lots:

Jumpspace 1-6, The Adjutant 1-6, Imperial Lines 1-4, Security Leak 1-3, Traveller Chronicle #1, and The Wanderer #1 and 2.

eBay listings

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:02 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Seller has several Traveller fanzine lots:

Jumpspace 1-6, The Adjutant 1-6, Imperial Lines 1-4, Security Leak 1-3, Traveller Chronicle #1, and The Wanderer #1 and 2.

eBay listings

Hmmm... yes see here..

viewtopic.php?t=2994

I believe that I purchased a large amount of traveller zines (I think) off this guy, I questioned if they were origionals.. see

viewtopic.php?t=523

Just so you can be aware of whats on offer,  his other stuff looks interesting as well.

Brette:)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:59 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:
Hmmm... yes see here..
viewtopic.php?t=2994

I believe that I purchased a large amount of traveller zines (I think) off this guy, I questioned if they were origionals.. see
viewtopic.php?t=523

Just so you can be aware of whats on offer,  his other stuff looks interesting as well.

Not surprisingly when I was looking through his lots I said to myself "I wonder if any of those fanzines are photocopies?".  It wouldnt surprise me if they were.  Now I remember the seller from a couple of years ago selling all sorts of Traveller items.  He kept his feedback private and the buyer's ID's private as well.  Because of that I never bid on any of his items.  Had to jostle the old memory there.  :)

There are a few supplements there that I would love to have as they never show up on Ebay but I doubt there will be much chance to win them because I have a feeling that the high bidder on most (if not all) those auctions is or will be the same person.  Goes by the name madmaksid and apparently just won the lottery and doesnt mind spending ten times the normal amount for pretty much any item.  Someone oughta point him to Troll & Toad and Valhalla's stores.  :P

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:20 pm 

well I can tell you that the Wander 1 and 2 issues are the reprinted (fake?) ones they look nothing like the origionals, contents have been retyped and printed.. a lot of work to go through really..
Thanks

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 113123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 111112113