Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 107 of 113123 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 111112113
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:51 pm 

Mars wrote:The nonTSR RPG market is hugely volatile place.  I remember the Fantasy Trip items used to sell in the $25-$50 range each - it kinda put me off collecting those back then.  Maybe its time to add them to the watch list now ;)

When I first got on eBay, they tended to be even worse; north of $50 or $60 was not that uncommon.

I think the Metagaming market has largely corrected itself over the years ... and I'm also reasonably certain that there's a lot more of those TFT items out there than originally thought.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I think the Metagaming market has largely corrected itself over the years ... and I'm also reasonably certain that there's a lot more of those TFT items out there than originally thought.

I think there are lots of them too.  They have been showing up every few months for years now.  I think part of the price drop is that most people collecting them have picked them up.  Although these posts will probably renew some interest.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:06 pm 

Mars wrote:

I think there are lots of them too.  They have been showing up every few months for years now.  I think part of the price drop is that most people collecting them have picked them up.  Although these posts will probably renew some interest.

Ebay has centralized collectables. It isn't like trying to find things at conventions anymore (and hasn't been for the last 8 years or so).

I don't think that the production runs of the metagaming material were large just that the people who bought them, kept them. Microgames are easy to keep. You just put them in a drawer or a box, and there they are. I bet that a hefty percentage of them produced have survived. They are also a niche within a niche so you haven't had that many collectors. Melee and Wizard and TfT were fun, in there way, but they aren't the best of fantasy combat or fantasy roleplay, they were incredibly simple to play.

That being said I think the price for them is only going to go up. Think of all resources, including collectables, as oil. At first there is a lake of this material, a lake of metagaming items, many waiting to be uncovered. This lake continuosly shrinks with no material being added, the old material goes from the hands of wholesalers and distibutors to the hands of retailers, resellers and collectors. The wholesalers and distributors have the crude, least expensive lots of this material, but as it is consumed it becomes more and more expensive. It will never go back to distributors, only retailers will sell it wholesale, and when the bulk is in the hands of resellers and collectors only small pockets of cheap material will be left, Some inherited items, some items held by consumers who are not collectors and most of these items now appearing on ebay. Everything else will be a wildcat strike, estate sales, thrift stores, garage sales, but nothing predictable. Finding the cheap overlooked collectable becomes treasure hunting, but the marketplace is online and online is mostly ebay.

So metagaming, I can only see these prices going up as the consumers unload and the resllers and collectors gather up the available crude.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:04 am 

Damn, this is cute.  I want it.  It will go well with the Cthulhu plush toy I got my godson last year (He's two now, and calls the teddy-monster "Cut-Lou).  

http://cgi.ebay.com/Call-of-Cthulhu-Bab ... dZViewItem

I've not seen this before, when was it published?

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:57 am 

This is an interesting 20 board game lot. Includes: Magic Realm, FASA Dr. Who, Web and Starship, Dragonmaster Card Game, and an RPG called Guardians ??? + many more:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Seller strangely has four auctions up at the moment. Three game lots and what looks like a plain cane laundry basket, which has 18 bids and is currently sitting on $66?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:21 am 

PaulKM wrote:Damn, this is cute.  I want it.  It will go well with the Cthulhu plush toy I got my godson last year (He's two now, and calls the teddy-monster "Cut-Lou).  

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Several years ago.  I bought a copy for my SO for her birthday 3 or 4 years ago.

If she was better organized, I could find it in her stuff and tell you for certain. :)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:27 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:This is an interesting 20 board game lot. Includes: Magic Realm, FASA Dr. Who, Web and Starship, Dragonmaster Card Game, and an RPG called Guardians ??? + many more:

Seller strangely has four auctions up at the moment. Three game lots and what looks like a plain cane laundry basket, which has 18 bids and is currently sitting on $66?

wow tank battle - i had that game when i was a kid - cool game

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:39 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:This is an interesting 20 board game lot. Includes: Magic Realm, FASA Dr. Who, Web and Starship, Dragonmaster Card Game, and an RPG called Guardians ??? + many more:

Ah, the basket is a Longaberger, which my husband informed me I had way too much of and forbid any more baskets in my house about 10 years ago.  Sigh.  But I already have that one.  :wink:

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 am 

Adventurers Club fanzine #8:

Contains a MERP adventure called Iffguld's Keep.  Might be of interest to a diehard MERP or fanzine collector.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:58 pm 

PaulKM wrote:Damn, this is cute.  I want it.  It will go well with the Cthulhu plush toy I got my godson last year (He's two now, and calls the teddy-monster "Cut-Lou).  

As a further note: I hadn't actually clicked on the link to that one.  Now that I have: that's actually the first print run of that item.  (Later print runs are hardcover with a few more pages.)

Might make it worth a bit more to collectors of this sort of thing.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:46 pm 

I had the similar thought and then reasoned (to justify the purchase) that it would become, "Uncle Paul's" book, and I would keep it with me for safekeeping to be read by me for me, er, my godson....

Grr, now I will have to deal with, gasp, collectors!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:48 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:Heroes RPG set in Dark Ages w map 1979 RARE

Again, I am not sure if this is anything or not, but looks like a neat little book.

Enjoy  :D

I bid on this, but it went higher than I expected, GBP19.00, about $40.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:32 pm 

Cheap. Very cheap.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:33 pm 

I would have bid, I wanted to bid, but I have to save my weak dollars for something bigger.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:01 am 

In the mandalaymoon auctions (see classified), the VHTF scenario for Witch Hunt: A Tyme of Darkness

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:07 am 

lokiwookie wrote:In the mandalaymoon auctions (see classified), the VHTF scenario for Witch Hunt: A Tyme of Darkness

Mandalaymoon has a lot of very cool things up for auction right now.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:21 pm 

Cthulhu 20th Ann. Rulebook.

The Miskatonic University Restricted Collection version.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:45 am 

This may interest someone. A FASA spring 1987 Catalog of Games and books

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 107 of 113123 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 111112113