Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 107 of 113123 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 111112113
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:16 pm 

red_bus wrote:Not on ebay, but still for sale...  Some while ago Mark posted that Chaosium were selling off a few of their old Stormbringer supplements.  They still have some for sale.  But these are also now showing up on ebay - will be interesting to see if they go for less/more there.

From the bits I've seen in the past little while, the answer seems to be more at times.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:17 pm 

Early Rolemaster Boxed set.  Looks used, but still a nice example of early rpg design ("Hey guys, I know.. lets have even MORE tables...")

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:19 pm 

g026r wrote:
From the bits I've seen in the past little while, the answer seems to be more at times.

One of these days I am going to get my ass in gear and order enough to get their free surface shipping deal.  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:43 pm 

red_bus wrote:One of these days I am going to get my ass in gear and order enough to get their free surface shipping deal.  :D

I'm wishing I had done that when they found those copies of Complete Masks a short while back.

A large number of eBayers seem to think "Old, therefore not available from publisher" and don't bother to check to see if it's otherwise.  Of course, it doesn't help that there are some people who think that Chaosium went out of business... ;)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:44 pm 

I'm not sure how rare, but Tekumel still...

Best,

Paul

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:48 pm 

g026r wrote:Of course, it doesn't help that there are some people who think that Chaosium went out of business... ;)

Last fall I went into one of the FLGS in Moncton (Mad City Comics & Games) and asked about Chaosium products.
I had been looking for a few items which I have since found online.
The store manager had never heard of Chaosium.  :(

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:37 pm 

The Fantasy Trip: Tollenkar's Lair 90 minutes to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0236420829

There was some talk of theseitems items recently. What is the average value on Ebay?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:31 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:The Fantasy Trip: Tollenkar's Lair 90 minutes to go:

There was some talk of theseitems items recently. What is the average value on Ebay?

I just started looking at these (thanks Mars for mentioning you collect mainly non-TSR items  :P ) and I remembered them from back in the day. Prices vary and fluctuate drastically on these. Some will go for $3-5 and others $40-50. For instance, about a week ago, a set of The Fantasy Trip (advanced melee, advanced wizard, and In The Labyrinth) went for $75  and today, an advanced wizard went for $16. I think for the most part inbetween $10-20 is where most end on Ebay. I've picked up some (again...thanks Mars ;-) ) for $2-5 both on and off Ebay. Still looking for a copy of melee and wizard for a reasonable price. A couple of weeks ago, prices on these were outrageous ($60 for just In the Labyrinth, $50 each for Melee and Wizard) but prices are settling down again for what ever reason.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:31 am 

GreyM wrote:

I just started looking at these (thanks Mars for mentioning you collect mainly non-TSR items  :P ) and I remembered them from back in the day. Prices vary and fluctuate drastically on these. Some will go for $3-5 and others $40-50. For instance, about a week ago, a set of The Fantasy Trip (advanced melee, advanced wizard, and In The Labyrinth) went for $75  and today, an advanced wizard went for $16. I think for the most part inbetween $10-20 is where most end on Ebay. I've picked up some (again...thanks Mars ;-) ) for $2-5 both on and off Ebay. Still looking for a copy of melee and wizard for a reasonable price. A couple of weeks ago, prices on these were outrageous ($60 for just In the Labyrinth, $50 each for Melee and Wizard) but prices are settling down again for what ever reason.

i won the advanced the other week (uk auction) and i just won tollenkars too (us auction).

i think the prices were both quite good - i lost out on the other auction in the uk tho, which was a shame.

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 am 

The nonTSR RPG market is hugely volatile place.  I remember the Fantasy Trip items used to sell in the $25-$50 range each - it kinda put me off collecting those back then.  Maybe its time to add them to the watch list now ;)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:56 am 

Al,

The Advanced Melee you won (if I remember correctly) was just over $20 USD and the Tollenkar was just over $10USD so they fall into my rough estimates on how much they should be going for. About two and a half weeks ago, that Advanced Melee went for $47+USD. To me, none of the Microgames/Microquests/MicroHistory are worth that much ($50+) but to some, they are.

Mars,

Here is one for $2.99 + shipping brand new on a BIN. It's Hot Spot (MicroGame 15) but its only 4 cents more than it was when it was initially released and he's got 6 or 8 of them up for sale.

GreyM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:08 am 

GreyM wrote:
Here is one for $2.99 + shipping brand new on a BIN. It's Hot Spot (MicroGame 15) but its only 4 cents more than it was when it was initially released and he's got 6 or 8 of them up for sale.

Unfortunately this is Titan Games and their shipping to Canada is $15 also.  Most of these don't seem extremely rare so I will probably watch for a while and wait to see if I can find a lot of them for cheap.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:51 pm 

Mars wrote:The nonTSR RPG market is hugely volatile place.  I remember the Fantasy Trip items used to sell in the $25-$50 range each - it kinda put me off collecting those back then.  Maybe its time to add them to the watch list now ;)

When I first got on eBay, they tended to be even worse; north of $50 or $60 was not that uncommon.

I think the Metagaming market has largely corrected itself over the years ... and I'm also reasonably certain that there's a lot more of those TFT items out there than originally thought.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I think the Metagaming market has largely corrected itself over the years ... and I'm also reasonably certain that there's a lot more of those TFT items out there than originally thought.

I think there are lots of them too.  They have been showing up every few months for years now.  I think part of the price drop is that most people collecting them have picked them up.  Although these posts will probably renew some interest.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:06 pm 

Mars wrote:

I think there are lots of them too.  They have been showing up every few months for years now.  I think part of the price drop is that most people collecting them have picked them up.  Although these posts will probably renew some interest.

Ebay has centralized collectables. It isn't like trying to find things at conventions anymore (and hasn't been for the last 8 years or so).

I don't think that the production runs of the metagaming material were large just that the people who bought them, kept them. Microgames are easy to keep. You just put them in a drawer or a box, and there they are. I bet that a hefty percentage of them produced have survived. They are also a niche within a niche so you haven't had that many collectors. Melee and Wizard and TfT were fun, in there way, but they aren't the best of fantasy combat or fantasy roleplay, they were incredibly simple to play.

That being said I think the price for them is only going to go up. Think of all resources, including collectables, as oil. At first there is a lake of this material, a lake of metagaming items, many waiting to be uncovered. This lake continuosly shrinks with no material being added, the old material goes from the hands of wholesalers and distibutors to the hands of retailers, resellers and collectors. The wholesalers and distributors have the crude, least expensive lots of this material, but as it is consumed it becomes more and more expensive. It will never go back to distributors, only retailers will sell it wholesale, and when the bulk is in the hands of resellers and collectors only small pockets of cheap material will be left, Some inherited items, some items held by consumers who are not collectors and most of these items now appearing on ebay. Everything else will be a wildcat strike, estate sales, thrift stores, garage sales, but nothing predictable. Finding the cheap overlooked collectable becomes treasure hunting, but the marketplace is online and online is mostly ebay.

So metagaming, I can only see these prices going up as the consumers unload and the resllers and collectors gather up the available crude.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:04 am 

Damn, this is cute.  I want it.  It will go well with the Cthulhu plush toy I got my godson last year (He's two now, and calls the teddy-monster "Cut-Lou).  

http://cgi.ebay.com/Call-of-Cthulhu-Bab ... dZViewItem

I've not seen this before, when was it published?

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:57 am 

This is an interesting 20 board game lot. Includes: Magic Realm, FASA Dr. Who, Web and Starship, Dragonmaster Card Game, and an RPG called Guardians ??? + many more:

Seller strangely has four auctions up at the moment. Three game lots and what looks like a plain cane laundry basket, which has 18 bids and is currently sitting on $66?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:21 am 

PaulKM wrote:Damn, this is cute.  I want it.  It will go well with the Cthulhu plush toy I got my godson last year (He's two now, and calls the teddy-monster "Cut-Lou).  

I've not seen this before, when was it published?

Several years ago.  I bought a copy for my SO for her birthday 3 or 4 years ago.

If she was better organized, I could find it in her stuff and tell you for certain. :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 107 of 113123 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 111112113