Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 113123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 111112113
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:19 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Jason, if you ship internationally, to make it easier on yourself just let everyone know there is two methods:  Flat rate envelope ($12) or Flat Rate Box ($40).  If it doesn't fit inside the envelope, it's going in the box. No muss no fuss.  That should cover 99.9% of your overseas stuff.  The only time consuming item is filling out the customs form, and if you print it out online (which I do) you just check a few boxes and it's done (the printer prints out the customs form as a part of the shipping label).  You do still have to wait in line (or go to the dutch door if you post office has  a pickup/drop off exclusive window) but you just hand the items to the mail person since the postage is already printed and affixed to the package.  Best decision I made a year ago was printing out my own postage at home!

Mike B.

Thanks I'll definitely try that out.

I don't plan to ship internationally to people I don't know and who don't know me, but if someone has a recommendation or is a reular here then I don't expect the same problems and I'm willing to make an effort for the shipping. But I do want to streamline it as much as possible.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:22 am 

gyg wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

GURPS prisoner

Bushido adventure

(crap 1000th post!!)

Congratulations on your 1000th post.  Not to worrry about not making a special post for it....

Your post total changes on every post you have ever made...so there is still righteous time to make some sort of celebratory post.  Go ahead!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:47 am 

JZavoda wrote:
That's me!

Hey, I mentioned this in another post, but any memebrs here who are outside the US who'd like to bid should let me know so I can put them on an exemption list. Otherwise I have it set up to block international bidders.

i posted a msg about this on another thread. seems a shame to operate like this. i dont buy that often of late, so only spot things last minute sometimes and then find there isnt enough time to msg you and then bid. you have had quite a few things up that i wanted to bid on.

US only does my head in anyway

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:53 am 

JZavoda wrote:
I added you and Killjoy to mmy ewxemption list. Can't offer free international shipping though but it will be at cost (whatever that will be) Does need to be payment by paypal though.

if you guys want to bid.

i DID try and bid but it said sod off (well not in them words but it still wouldnt allow me) - ah well never mind

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:30 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
i DID try and bid but it said sod off (well not in them words but it still wouldnt allow me) - ah well never mind

Well I tried adding the ID from the message you sent me. Not sure why it didn't work.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:30 am 

Shrinkwrapped Nanorien Stones:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0063620973

Only a three day listing so not surprised that the price is as low as it is.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:55 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Shrinkwrapped Nanorien Stones:

Why do sellers post things like RARE and Super Mint. If a buyer needs to be told that an item is rare they aren't going to be the one paying a lot for it. And what is SUPER MINT! I think it comes from the days when I managed a comic book store, but the Mintyness of things just irritates me.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:58 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Shrinkwrapped Nanorien Stones:

Plus no Paypal accepted.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:02 am 

JZavoda wrote:
Why do sellers post things like RARE and Super Mint. If a buyer needs to be told that an item is rare they aren't going to be the one paying a lot for it. And what is SUPER MINT! I think it comes from the days when I managed a comic book store, but the Mintyness of things just irritates me.

Are we looking at the same auction?  Where does it say either of those comments on the Nanorien Stones auction?  And why is it that the "mintyness" of an item irritates you?  Is it because that word is used way too much to describe items?  Or is it something else?

Plus no Paypal accepted.

Have a little faith in people and the postal service Shane.  Of my 400+ transactions on Ebay over the years, over 75% of them I paid with a money order.  Only twice did I have a problem.  I have had more than my share of PayPal problems.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:18 am 

i had placed a bid, but didnt see the "no paypal" so i retracted my bid - cant be bothered with all the faffing around. and besides, i am sure i have that somewhere in the backroom anyway - i really should go look

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:41 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Are we looking at the same auction?  Where does it say either of those comments on the Nanorien Stones auction?  And why is it that the "mintyness" of an item irritates you?  Is it because that word is used way too much to describe items?  Or is it something else?

I believe this seller used rare and minty many times on his other auctions.

Mint is not only used to often it is inaccurate and Super Mint is just plain stupid. Near mint has a definite meaning but nothing, even shrinkwrapped items, are without flaw.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:16 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Have a little faith in people and the postal service Shane.  Of my 400+ transactions on Ebay over the years, over 75% of them I paid with a money order.  Only twice did I have a problem.  I have had more than my share of PayPal problems.

Oh I do, but as Al even alluded to with his comment, it lessens the amount of people bidding.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:33 am 

World of Silverdawn (no map):

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-World-of-Silver ... dZViewItem

Search for the Crystal Sword:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Search-For-The-Crys ... dZViewItem

Seller has nothing else of worth....everything else is total crap.  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:46 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:World of Silverdawn (no map):

Search for the Crystal Sword:

Seller has nothing else of worth....everything else is total crap.  :twisted:

and he doesnt ship outside the US either, which totally sucks AGAIN.

sheesh

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:21 am 

Couple of Grenadier box sets

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:49 am 

101 Robots for Traveller:

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:11 pm 

this seller has some Traveller items i have never seen before (pls dont misunderstand me, i am not a traveller fan):

eBay listings

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:24 pm 

I have no familiarity with the non-GDW stuff, but of the GDW stuff there I know that the Atlas of the Imperium, Signal GK, and Secrets of the Ancients can be slightly more difficult to find than others.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 113123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 111112113