Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 91 of 113123 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:21 pm 

It's been two years. I don't think it's gonna happen. And at $2 a pop, there's no motivation there to write another one.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:53 pm 

well i've just picked up some of the 2nd lot. seems like a fun read.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:52 pm 

aia wrote:
Well, first you're right: once i bought from ben and forgot to ask his signture on the modules...
i must add that even if interesting and well done, the "trilogy" do not close the series... i am still waiting for the following modules (and in the third one i bought it is written that new modules have to come on sale)...
i will ask ben!

I ask Ben occasionally if he has gotten another module into print.

The ones advertised here are PDF's....although he must have originals still around if you ask.

I got mine signed by both Ben and the artist.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:34 pm 

I didn't realise they were PDFs. I'll need to get myself a set. That'll save me a bit of work.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm 

I just recommended both sets of these to James @ grognardia.blogspot.com, although I definitely think that Kent's work is stronger than Ben's.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:36 am 

I did like Loki's Wine. It stands up well as an independent module. I also liked Terror in Terracina, but you really need Terracina Port to go with it, and that makes your total outlay pretty high for the adventure. Add to that the constant timeline monitoring, and you really have to be on your game as a DM to make it play well. So for me, cost and the trepidation of trying to run Terror in Terracina once it deviated from the expected plotline make it hard to recommend to anyone other than well established DMs. As a collector, they're worth having in any case. Deffinately untill everone jumps on the bandwagon and publishes their homebrew.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:07 am 

Bushido:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

3 days left, no offers at the moment... nice pick

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:39 am 

grodog wrote:I just recommended both sets of these to James @ grognardia.blogspot.com, although I definitely think that Kent's work is stronger than Ben's.

I just exchanged messages with Ben Burns about his next module.  He is planning to put another one out later this year.

I also contacted Kent Krumvieda - author of Tarracina Port- about a combined deal on all three items.  He is willing to combine shipping and give a small discount on all three items...city, two modules and shipping...for $44.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:49 am 

FormCritic wrote:
I just exchanged messages with Ben Burns about his next module.  He is planning to put another one out later this year.

I also contacted Kent Krumvieda - author of Tarracina Port- about a combined deal on all three items.  He is willing to combine shipping and give a small discount on all three items...city, two modules and shipping...for $44.

Bummer. I bought them all a couple of months back (Along with one extra map) and paid the listed price..... Shoulda waited...... :roll:

I like the stuff though. And as has been pointed out above by mbassoc2003, Loki's Wine is a good one.
Terror in Terracina can be revised to fit into your campaign as well with a bit of tweaking.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:54 pm 

White Dwarf 1  - seller has lots more arly ones

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:02 pm 

Wonder what these books are from?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WAR-GAMES-RULES- ... dZViewItem

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:49 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Wonder what these books are from?

They're wargames rules.  The auction says "Wargames Research Group", and the pictures also have that text.  I don't know what the rarity is.

Hey!  They have a web page, albeit a very basic one - http://www.wargamesresearchgroup.net/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:23 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:They're wargames rules.  The auction says "Wargames Research Group", and the pictures also have that text.  I don't know what the rarity is.

Hey!  They have a web page, albeit a very basic one - http://www.wargamesresearchgroup.net/

They give links to several additional web pages.
http://www.wrg.me.uk/WRG/wrg.html
One such link (See above) sends you to the History of Wargames Research Group, which lists all of the earliest rules and expansions they published.

The Archives pages offers scans of the first set of rules that they published in 1969. And the group continued to publish expansions every year. The Fourth such expansion was in 1973 for Fantasy rules. Using Elves, Ents, Trolls, Giants, Goblins, Orcs and Dragons amongst many other creatures........
http://www.wrg.me.uk/WRG/Wrg-A4/App4.html

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:04 am 

i've had some of these books before - dont think they are very rare or anything and never seem to sell for that much, but they are a pretty good read for sure, especially the ones which are more fantasy related.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:01 am 

Just visited all those pages - an interesting half hour of surfing and reading! Fancy starting this as a small outfit in 1969 and still going with the same stuff in 2008. Remarkable!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:05 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Just visited all those pages - an interesting half hour of surfing and reading! Fancy starting this as a small outfit in 1969 and still going with the same stuff in 2008. Remarkable!

Yup, I agree ... remarkable indeed.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:39 am 

Did anyone notice this auction? Not even sure what this was but it went for over $700

Dragonlord, 1977 early paper edition by Morno,Scarce NR

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:43 am 

JZavoda wrote:Did anyone notice this auction? Not even sure what this was but it went for over $700

Dragonlord, 1977 early paper edition by Morno,Scarce NR

you mean:

i was watching that - its a damn rare item and most of the big collectors go for these.

no surprise to see who won it though, which was prb why it went for top $

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 91 of 113123 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 111112113