Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 113123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:52 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Anyone?................Anyone?...........Bueller?................Bueller?..........

I BIN'd them after they were relisted, so I'll let you know more info after they arrive.

edit:  you may have to poke me in a week or so in order to remind me about this, if I don't pop back up with "hey here's the info".

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Last edited by grodog on Mon May 05, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:42 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Knight and Magicks

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:27 am 

well, dont know about the fair value of this item, but i think it could be "interesting":

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:35 pm 

aia wrote:well, dont know about the fair value of this item, but i think it could be "interesting":

You can find cheaper Buffalo Castles if you are looking to read it, course they are later prints.  It is interesting to see this auction though, don't see T&T get up there in price to often.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:21 pm 

Um ... wow. I guess one or more bidders really wanted that printing.

Later versions were the T&T version of B2: they were stuffed into the boxes and given away basically for free.

That's one of the higher T&T prices I've ever seen. Did I mention "wow"?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:27 pm 

They call it the Acaeum effect. Start talking about something, and the price will jump up. So, please, let's start discussing Mayfair...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:45 pm 

aia wrote:well, dont know about the fair value of this item, but i think it could be "interesting":

Fair value? Same as it's been for the past few years: $20-25 (OK, maybe $40 for a really nice copy at a push), per http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 30&#395030 : there's a better copy on the previous page and I've picked up others in passing. They are not "ultra-rare".

Check out the same 914 rated bidder on http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0237888720 for another example of "interesting bidding" and stand well clear of any auction they're on, since the price is likely to be way OTT. ;)

aside: There was a minty-looking UK SGL 1st Deathtrap Equaliser (= rare in that condition) with other misc. T&T which picked up a single bid at $20 a couple days ago. I wasn't sure it would even get that minimum bid, to be honest.

02c, anyhow :)

d.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:50 pm 

faro wrote:
aside: There was a minty-looking UK SGL 1st Deathtrap Equaliser (= rare in that condition) with other misc. T&T which picked up a single bid at $20 a couple days ago. I wasn't sure it would even get that minimum bid, to be honest.

I really contemplated that one but thought you were going grab another copy for the stack :)

It really is a nice looking copy though without the Acaeum effect.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:22 pm 

well yes lets talk T&T and have plenty of Acaeum effect as i am going to auction a load as soon as i can scan them and sort listings out. :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:34 pm 

faro wrote:
Fair value? Same as it's been for the past few years: $20-25 (OK, maybe $40 for a really nice copy at a push), per http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 30&#395030 : there's a better copy on the previous page and I've picked up others in passing. They are not "ultra-rare".

Check out the same 914 rated bidder on http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0237888720 for another example of "interesting bidding" and stand well clear of any auction they're on, since the price is likely to be way OTT. ;)

02c, anyhow :)
d.

I finished T&T years ago, with prices like these I have been considering selling mine :?   It was hard to complete (SA#1 was a bitch) but I think I paid an average of $5.00 for each item :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:43 pm 

Mars wrote:I really contemplated that one but thought you were going grab another copy for the stack :)

Hey, I only put in a token bid on that stack of UKs you won. *coughs*
And likewise on Kynan's 3rd US print core + stack of 1st print and other adventures which came in at $89 total IIRC.

Mars wrote:

Mhmm... that's the one: probably better than any of the copies here.
Not having much luck on possible printings or any other differences for those, so wasn't really possible to justify the pounce since I'd've ended up asking them to keep the other T&Ts (as has happened on the last two similar auctions).

Mars wrote:It really is a nice looking copy though without the Acaeum effect.

The Acaeum effect certainly plays its part in the big picture. Often enough I've killed my snipe if an otherwise well hidden item is spotted here.

That 1st Buffalo Castle was already well on a roll, however. The well-written listing and gradual disclosure might've helped a bit, but the hype seems to be largely self-generated.

Have seen that to a lesser degree in the past on the T&Ts but more so on "odd" items such as 'zines with $75+ on one auction followed by $2-3 on the next, for example (random digest reprint of Alien Star, IIRC). Or, in the latest case, $30+ where the exact same issue in better condition went unsold at 99 pence the last time one was listed.

(And 99 cents for another oddball item in your case... ;)).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:46 pm 

so seriously now, is it better to throw this all in one lot do you think, or split them individually?

there is a real mixture of prints here....which is why i ask?

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:56 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I finished T&T years ago, with prices like these I have been considering selling mine :?   It was hard to complete (SA#1 was a bitch) but I think I paid an average of $5.00 for each item :?

Trouble is guaranteeing a repeat price, I guess. Some T&T bundles seem to have done well in the past year without any Acaeum hype, then not long after will be back to the same-old. And a factor of three difference easily enough which is possibly a bit much for most people to "chance", perhaps?

Yep; SA #1 (like DW #1) was exactly the same here. Bang head repeatedly off the wall and eventually pick up each in a bundle/run with other copies for less than the single issue often goes for. Strange to say the least.

Ah... do you have *nice* copies of the UK core rules and SGL Buffalo Castle, then? Those seem to be nigh-on impossible.

killjoy32 wrote:well yes lets talk T&T and have plenty of Acaeum effect as i am going to auction a load as soon as i can scan them and sort listings out. :D

Heh, heh.... Sorry, Al; I'll shut up now! :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:06 pm 

@Al: Bundling worked quite well for Frank (deadlord) - a bit lower than a previous seller a month or so before but considerably better than most other efforts.

In other cases, singles have done well especially if earlier prints with good kerb appeal. (I did pay a little bit high on average to round off a few numbers from Mike/mdr003, but justified that on combined shipping and laziness).
Lobbing the winner a "hiya" note for possible BINs might be just too tempting if you had some good 1sts/earlies ready to dispatch...

I'm afraid it's all a bit too random, though, to say for sure, sorry. :?

=
p.s./in general Any 1st print "City of Terrors" (double-signed, limited edition) is worth a bit of a hype, IMHO. I've no idea where those copies vanished to, since that's rather more rare than it should be.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:09 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:

I finished T&T years ago, with prices like these I have been considering selling mine :?   It was hard to complete (SA#1 was a bitch) but I think I paid an average of $5.00 for each item :?

These can still be found fairly cheap.  Here's the one I picked up today, SA #1 $13 (no Acaeum effect).

Although I was outbid, this UK basic book was a nice pickup too (again no Acaeum effect):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0228327214

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:25 pm 

Mars wrote:Although I was outbid, this UK basic book was a nice pickup too (again no Acaeum effect):

Oops... spotted. That was only my "second choice", Mark: I wouldn't be paying over the odds (IMO) for the Blanche, alone. ;)

Slightly concerned about the condition, but then I'd presumed that was a sleeper which would go for £30-40 rather than almost spot-on max, given the recent lack of interest in the likes of those PANs. Possibly just as well I didn't ask?

Mars wrote:Here's the one I picked up today, SA #1 $13 (no Acaeum effect).

No link; and I won't search your completed auctions. :)

Hmm... did you manage DW #1 for the same?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:33 pm 

faro wrote:
No link; and I won't search your completed auctions. :)
Hmm... did you manage DW #1 for the same?

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0242848287

I picked up most of SA #1-10 but no DWs.  In comparison to that other SA #4 that sold for $48.57.  Here's the one I picked up too:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:50 pm 

Mars wrote:Here's the link:

Hahaha... I have that on another FF tab. Was keeping a close eye on those, I thought, but had mentally noted that there was still a day or two to go.
Not my only slip-up, recently. :)

Mars wrote:In comparison to that other SA #4 that sold for $48.57.

Still four days on that... and I /did/ recheck /this/ time.

Thanks for the smile & 'grats. :D

d.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 113123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 111112113