Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 83 of 113123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:21 am 

Mars' picture is the same as mine.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:40 am 

Interesting story about the FBI raid on Tri Tac.

http://www.members.aol.com/tritacgames/FBI_Raid.htm

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:29 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:Interesting story about the FBI raid on Tri Tac.

http://www.members.aol.com/tritacgames/FBI_Raid.htm

Very amusing!  :)  Just as well we don't live in a Theocracy!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:54 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:
Very amusing!  :)  Just as well we don't live in a Theocracy!

Well so far I got two police visits rergarding Yu Gi Oh: in the first case, an entire squad of police agents entered in the store convinced I was involved in gambling (there was a women too, perhaps because kids and children were involved). After looking at the kids playing in the tournament and inquiring about trades, they went away somewhat embarassed; in the secoind case an inspector came to look again at the 'satanic' and 'mind warping' Yu Gi Oh cards and summoned me to the police station. Here I gave an extensive lecture to the inspector about CCGs and discovered the reason for his 'raid': a collegue of him was convinced that Yu Gi Oh cards warped kids' minds so he went on a personal 'fact finding' mission on his own. We had some chat about RPGs too and I pointed there was no evidence of disturbing effects on gamers' minds. He was convinced that dangerous effects were proved and so I invited him to show me the evidence and he told me HE was the one asking questions and not me! After dutifully noting the address of my competitors and the name of the multinationals involved ("Sure, inspector, tournaments are sanctioned by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro - perhaps you could check with them contacting their legal department as well" "Well, ahem, I'll check later...") in the trade, I left saying that next time I'm told to come to the police I'll be along my lawyer which surely know something about people and businessman rights, how to defend them and how to file complains with superiors... I was never summoned anymore My opinion of the police was lowered considerably after these two experiences of course    :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:36 pm 

Here's a Kobold Hall if someone needs it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=006

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:18 pm 

I believe that was a first print DMs book of Nast Tricks that just went on ebay BTW. Not seen one of those before.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:33 pm 

Alexander1968 wrote:
Well so far I got two police visits rergarding Yu Gi Oh: in the first case, an entire squad of police agents entered in the store convinced I was involved in gambling (there was a women too, perhaps because kids and children were involved). After looking at the kids playing in the tournament and inquiring about trades, they went away somewhat embarassed; in the secoind case an inspector came to look again at the 'satanic' and 'mind warping' Yu Gi Oh cards and summoned me to the police station. Here I gave an extensive lecture to the inspector about CCGs and discovered the reason for his 'raid': a collegue of him was convinced that Yu Gi Oh cards warped kids' minds so he went on a personal 'fact finding' mission on his own. We had some chat about RPGs too and I pointed there was no evidence of disturbing effects on gamers' minds. He was convinced that dangerous effects were proved and so I invited him to show me the evidence and he told me HE was the one asking questions and not me! After dutifully noting the address of my competitors and the name of the multinationals involved ("Sure, inspector, tournaments are sanctioned by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro - perhaps you could check with them contacting their legal department as well" "Well, ahem, I'll check later...") in the trade, I left saying that next time I'm told to come to the police I'll be along my lawyer which surely know something about people and businessman rights, how to defend them and how to file complains with superiors... I was never summoned anymore My opinion of the police was lowered considerably after these two experiences of course    :?

That is amazing! It always astounds me that such misperceptions exist on RPGs. How can they possibly compare with all the brutal video games and horror genre films?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:33 pm 

AH Magic Realm:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:21 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Here's a Kobold Hall if someone needs it:

I haven't seen Kobold Hall in a while so I had no idea what kind of price to expect for this one, and maybe this is just me, but I thought it would have gone for a bit more than $179.  Hell I was going to toss in a bid of around $200 but then decided not to because I was sure I would have been outbid.

Oh well.  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:55 am 

$179 with all the rest of the stuff was stupidly cheap.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:01 am 

Alexander1968 wrote:
in the secoind case an inspector came to look again at the 'satanic' and 'mind warping' Yu Gi Oh cards and summoned me to the police station. Here I gave an extensive lecture to the inspector about CCGs and discovered the reason for his 'raid': a collegue of him was convinced that Yu Gi Oh cards warped kids' minds so he went on a personal 'fact finding' mission on his own. We had some chat about RPGs too and I pointed there was no evidence of disturbing effects on gamers' minds. He was convinced that dangerous effects were proved and so I invited him to show me the evidence and he told me HE was the one asking questions and not me! After dutifully noting the address of my competitors and the name of the multinationals involved ("Sure, inspector, tournaments are sanctioned by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro - perhaps you could check with them contacting their legal department as well" "Well, ahem, I'll check later...") in the trade, I left saying that next time I'm told to come to the police I'll be along my lawyer which surely know something about people and businessman rights, how to defend them and how to file complains with superiors... I was never summoned anymore My opinion of the police was lowered considerably after these two experiences of course    :?

Damn, that's what I love about America:  Media attention to police stupidity+public apology+Lawsuit= Badmike retired to the Virgin Islands.

But then in America we know to never go to the police station the FIRST time without a lawyer in tow; you're liable to be handcuffed and charged with something they made up on the spot, and then let go maybe 12 hours later when they realize their "mistake".

I feel sorry for all the truly dedicated, intelligent, brave and selflless men in blue that have to work with all the neanderthalic, partially illiterate,  borderline psychotics that make up about 50% of the police force in any big city, it seems.  Especially since their "culture" pretty much forbids the good ones from speaking out or saying anything against the train wrecks they work beside everyday.

I will say one other thing about your experience: you must live in a very nice, quiet, and safe town, good for you. Because I can't tell you one single city in the USA, unless it's Andy Griffith's Mayberry or the Simpson's Springfield, where the cops are so bored and underworked they have the time to take with not one, but two visits to a local business about CCGs.  On this side of the pond they are too busy with murders, rapes, assaults, theft, break ins and more to justify that kind of time expenditure you experienced. Hell, the closest game store to me has not one but two cops who are regular customers.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:31 pm 

Badmike wrote:I will say one other thing about your experience: you must live in a very nice, quiet, and safe town, good for you. Because I can't tell you one single city in the USA, unless it's Andy Griffith's Mayberry or the Simpson's Springfield, where the cops are so bored and underworked they have the time to take with not one, but two visits to a local business about CCGs.  On this side of the pond they are too busy with murders, rapes, assaults, theft, break ins and more to justify that kind of time expenditure you experienced. Hell, the closest game store to me has not one but two cops who are regular customers.....

Well, I'm sure Brescia (the city I live in, the Lioness of Italy 8)) is a safe city albeit the situation has been stadily worsening (big news: immigration is a hot topic here too  :? ), surely much safer than most of US cities (but I live here, not there - or perhaps was the other way around??? :wink: ). I'm sure the first control was a simple fruit of ignorance about the nature of CCGs: at that time where was a lot of brouhaha about illegal gambling machines and so the police was under pressure to 'do something'. Perhaps some idiot told them "there are children and kids playing cards in a store and exchanging money!!!" and the police said "Whoah! Let's raid them!". The second one was due probably to some idiotic police official telling newspapers in his city  8O  that Yu Gi Oh cards - especially nominated! - were 'satanic' (this is a Catholic country, don't forget this...) and warped children's minds. Perhaps along the police grapevine such 'info' arrived here and the proud inspector decided to investigate. I really hope this moron got transferred...  :twisted:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:18 am 

Looks like some early printings of the Arduin Grimoire books:

Shipping seems a bit over the top though.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 am 

This seller has lots of Arduin stuff too:

eBay listings

Although I don't like that pictures show 3 books where only 1 is for sale.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:25 am 

Mars wrote:This seller has lots of Arduin stuff too:

eBay listings

Although I don't like that pictures show 3 books where only 1 is for sale.

Yeah....I didnt like that either.  A bit misleading unless you take the time to read.  Who does that anymore?  :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:44 am 

Whoa, volume 111? Sweet! I thought I had them all, but, nope. Apparently there are 100 more volumes to get. Ahh, I love people who can't read Roman numerals.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:28 pm 

Seller has ICE Riddle of the Ring, Fellowship of the Ring and a SPI War of the Ring. All look to be in reasonable condition:

eBay listings

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:23 am 

Seller has some hard to find CoC items:

eBay listings

Walker in the Wastes

Golden Dawn

Realms of Shadow Player Aid Kit

Just to name a few.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 83 of 113123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 111112113