Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 81 of 113123 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 111112113
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:36 am 

I am quite interested in this lot but can't bid as it is a US only auction. I have no idea whether they are rare or common. Anyone know about these. Perhaps someone could put a token bid in for me.

LegendQuest:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :IT&ih=001

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:19 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I am quite interested in this lot but can't bid as it is a US only auction. I have no idea whether they are rare or common. Anyone know about these. Perhaps someone could put a token bid in for me.

LegendQuest:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

would you be interested in a legendquest core book for a decent price? i have a spare copy... ah, in any case, regardless the rarity, this is not an expensive item!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:35 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I am quite interested in this lot but can't bid as it is a US only auction. I have no idea whether they are rare or common. Anyone know about these. Perhaps someone could put a token bid in for me.

LegendQuest:

I'd be glad to put a bid in for you, if you still are interested.  PM or skype me with your definition of "token".

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:01 pm 

I missed out on Scouts & Assassins 1st print by a lousy dollar! One lousy dollar! Trouble is, since I've been selling I've learned to value things properly - which means I never win anything anymore. I've really got to try and get that 'stupid buyer' magic back.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:17 pm 

megnelwil wrote:I missed out on Scouts & Assassins 1st print by a lousy dollar! One lousy dollar!

This one? Guess so judging by your previous post, Danny. :)

Strange...

d.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:41 pm 

That's the one - what's the chances of that?!! Never actually got to place a bid, had an auction sniper setup and the bid failed because it was low. Wonder when the next one of these will come up? Yeah right.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:08 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Wonder when the next one of these will come up? Yeah right.

Not the first I've seen of either, but had expected to be a bit further off the winning bid given that some of the rarer Traveller items go for serious money (topping out at $500+ elsewhere, albeit somewhat arbitrary IMHO) and a good opportunity to snag a bundle in one go.
Got that same "sorry you were outbid" "last second" message on two others as well, heh...  But, of course, another dollar's no good if the winner actually has another $50 spare in their snipe. *g*

Best wishes & Happy hunting,
David.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:07 am 

RQ hardcover, from a seller here in Austin:

Although it's really supposed to be 'Capital,' not 'Capitol.'

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:54 pm 

Bunnies & Burrows

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0220371517

ICE Iron Wind

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:59 pm 

red_bus wrote:Bunnies & Burrows

It will be interesting to see what that goes for, given the seller's description of the item's condition.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:15 pm 

Always thought Rabbits Courageous would have been a better title than Watership Down.

"House fire"?  I guess what you're bidding on then is just the front cover and a baggie of ashes.

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:03 am 

This is interesting, Seller has four RQ lots that seem to include advance test copies. Here is one of them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:11 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:This is interesting, Seller has four RQ lots that seem to include advance test copies. Here is one of them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

...mhhh... are you sure that these are mere photocopies only? what would be the difference?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:31 am 

aia wrote:
...mhhh... are you sure that these are mere photocopies only? what would be the difference?

I have asked him before on this, I believe they are photocopies.. unless some one got advanced coppies of a huge number of rpg items (Unlikely...)

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:25 am 

aia wrote:...mhhh... are you sure that these are mere photocopies only? what would be the difference?

I asked about some of the earlier auctions that contained similar photocopied looking items and they were in fact photocopies.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:35 am 

There sure is a lot of photocopied "Advanced Test Copies" in those auctions.  It might be worthwhile to ask Greg Stafford about some of them to see if it was a common practice or not.

It does seem pretty strange though since some of them I think are items produced by Avalon Hill and Chaosium and the covers look like they are from finished products rather than advanced copies.

This auction also contains a "Test copy" of Metamorphosis Alpha:

Here's a "Test Copy" of TSR's Top Secret, Victory Game's James Bond, GDW's Twilight 2000:

Unless he was a superstar editor working for every gaming company, they are definitely photocopies.

EDIT:  Add a few more companies:  Hero Games, Palladium, Mayfair, Fantasy Games Unlimited, TSR Marvel Super Heroes, etc:

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:05 am 

Mars wrote:Unless he was a superstar editor working for every gaming company, they are definitely photocopies.

...that's my feeling too... i would see it rather impossible (there is only one case: the original owner is the most used tester for each and any rpg system... is this possible?)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:32 am 

I asked the seller and the items are from the Estate of Josua Shaw who looks to have a credit on Chaosium's Elric but I still doubt that the others are playtest copies rather than photocopies for research purposes.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 81 of 113123 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 111112113