Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 7 of 1131234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 111112113
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:01 pm 

Reached my limit on this copy of FGU's Royal Armies of the Hyborean Age.  Figured I would post if anyone else wanted to bid higher on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Aliens game by Leading Edge.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Looks complete except for the dice.

Last edited by Kingofpain89 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:15 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Reached my limit on this copy of FGU's Royal Armies of the Hyborean Age.  Figured I would post if anyone else wanted to bid higher on it.

More interestingly, cougar-innards is back.

You can still buy FGU's Royal Armies of the Hyborean Age from FGU.

http://www.fantasygamesunlimited.net/sh ... ria=&rec=5

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:21 pm 

NetRodent wrote:

And for only $7 at that.  What in the hell am I doing bidding $23 on a used one?  :?

Thanks!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:10 pm 

NetRodent wrote:

i think his about me page gives himself away

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:06 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And for only $7 at that.  What in the hell am I doing bidding $23 on a used one?  :?

Geez, I posted about the FGU site late last year . . .

You bid $23 because of the two copies of Hyborean Age that I ordered from FGU, one is beat-to-hell-and-back, and one is in new condition with only a black mark on the spine and apparently worth $23.  :)

I also ordered Gladiator and a module for Privateers and Gentlemen.  Gladiator wears its age badly, but the P&G module is minty fresh.

FGU charges a flat $3.00 shipping within the US, so all-in-all it's a good deal if you are willing to take your chances with the condition of the module.  Maybe the guy who is pulling the stock will find one that's in good condition if you ask nicely or place a large order.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:37 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:You bid $23 because of the two copies of Hyborean Age that I ordered from FGU, one is beat-to-hell-and-back, and one is in new condition with only a black mark on the spine and apparently worth $23.  :)

So cougar-innards=JohnGaunt huh?  Man I can't keep all these code names straight.  I gotta stop drinking.  :P

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:14 am 

Here's another copy of The Dungeoneer Vol 2 Number 2 that looks better than the one I've got for sale:

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:20 am 

UK seller with a bunch of 1st print Dungeon Crawl Classics, if anyone needs to fill some holes:

eBay listings

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:08 pm 

Actually, you can't.  I just received my order from FGU which I placed before Christmas and they couldn't completely fulfil my order on this book and made the note that they are now out.

NetRodent wrote:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:28 pm 

Mars wrote:Actually, you can't.  I just received my order from FGU which I placed before Christmas and they couldn't completely fulfil my order on this book and made the note that they are now out.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that they are out of stock of many of the items they list.  Their old store on Long Island was completely disorganized and I doubt that has changed in Arizona.  They're nice people, though.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:46 pm 

Mars wrote:Actually, you can't.  I just received my order from FGU which I placed before Christmas and they couldn't completely fulfil my order on this book and made the note that they are now out.

I placed my order on December 15th.  I hope they still had atleast one when they filled my order, but I suspect I'm out of luck.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:48 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:They're nice people, though.

We'll see about that.  Just a bit of a warning if you do not live in the US, be prepared to pay a large brokerage fee when the package arrives or to refuse the package.

I was suppose to receive an email with the shipping details but was only sent one after it was shipped so I didn't know how much would even be charged for shipping (the rate is not given for international customers).  The package was shipped by UPS which incurred a charge of $48.21 paid on delivery.  The customs tax was only $6.76 and the rest a brokerage fee UPS charges just to bring the package across the border.

If I had received the middle email that they said I was going to receive about the shipping method and cost I probably would have cancelled my order if UPS was the only method or chosen a more expensive USPS method.  The one saving grace here is that I think they only charged me $3 shipping as well but $48 is still a big unexpected hit.  I sent them an email and will see how they respond.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:51 pm 

NetRodent wrote:
I placed my order on December 15th.  I hope they still had atleast one when they filled my order, but I suspect I'm out of luck.

You might be out of luck on the item - I placed my order on Dec 14th and took the last ones.  However, if this was the only thing you ordered you are lucky it didn't ship because the brokerage fee would have killed you (as mentioned in my post above).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:15 pm 

Mars wrote:
We'll see about that.  Just a bit of a warning if you do not live in the US, be prepared to pay a large brokerage fee when the package arrives or to refuse the package.

I was suppose to receive an email with the shipping details but was only sent one after it was shipped so I didn't know how much would even be charged for shipping (the rate is not given for international customers).  The package was shipped by UPS which incurred a charge of $48.21 paid on delivery.  The customs tax was only $6.76 and the rest a brokerage fee UPS charges just to bring the package across the border.

If I had received the middle email that they said I was going to receive about the shipping method and cost I probably would have cancelled my order if UPS was the only method or chosen a more expensive USPS
method.  The one saving grace here is that I think they only charged me $3 shipping as well but $48 is still a big unexpected hit.  I sent them an email and will see how they respond.

Holy sh*t... 8O  8O  8O

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:01 pm 

Mars wrote:You might be out of luck on the item - I placed my order on Dec 14th and took the last ones.

Damn, man, how many did you order?  Will eBay be glutted with Hyborean Age?

As a side note, were your copies banged-up or in good shape?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:02 pm 

Back to the topic . . .

Toon minis, mint-in-shrink!

. . .  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:37 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Damn, man, how many did you order?  Will eBay be glutted with Hyborean Age?

As a side note, were your copies banged-up or in good shape?

I ordered 3 but only received 2 so I still have 1 to sell.  Both my copies are in excellent shape.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:11 pm 

Mars wrote:

If I had received the middle email that they said I was going to receive about the shipping method and cost I probably would have cancelled my order if UPS was the only method or chosen a more expensive USPS method.  The one saving grace here is that I think they only charged me $3 shipping as well but $48 is still a big unexpected hit.  I sent them an email and will see how they respond.

I believe this is a Canada-only thing, the huge brokerage fee. If you live in Canada, do not under any circumstances let a seller ship to you via UPS.

Postal rates US to Canada are cheap (airmail is like $4 for the first pound), and there's no ridiculous brokerage fee.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 7 of 1131234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 111112113