Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 113123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 111112113
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:03 pm 

Here's an old PC game to go with the board game:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blade-Runner-PC-Gam ... dZViewItem

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:33 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Depends....will you be playing using the original rules or the Director's Cut rules?  :wink:

This is a game from the original.  The director's cut is not as good without the voiceover.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:50 am 

Actually there are about 5 versions or so of Blade Runner, the ultimate collection is to be released in a week or so over here..
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/795590

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:47 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Here's an old PC game to go with the board game:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Very, very cool game.  It was the first game I ever bought that required a gigabyte of harddrive space to install.  Lots of locations from the movie to explore, Vangelis soundtrack, and an immersive storyline that ran kind of parallel to the movie.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:58 am 

beasterbrook wrote:Actually there are about 5 versions or so of Blade Runner, the ultimate collection is to be released in a week or so over here..
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/795590

Brette:)

If you want to get super-duper technical....there are actually seven different versions.  I dont normally consider the television release a separate version but most Blade Runner afficionados apparently do.  :roll:

I ordered the ultimate edition briefcase from Amazon a couple of months ago...I have since been told that they have pushed the shipping date back to after Christmas.  I dont expect to get it until the 27th or so.  I dont mind though...save $30 or buy it the day it comes out for full price?  No brainer.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:16 am 

In the GURPS thread it was mentioned that Witch World is hard to find without a cracked spine.  For those who do collect/use GURPS books, here's a like-new copy for only a buck:  
:D

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:58 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Huge-lot-Old-School ... 0184239636

looking wihtin this lot i wonder what is "KAMAKURA"??? is there anybody who knows it?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:15 am 

aia wrote:

looking wihtin this lot i wonder what is "KAMAKURA"??? is there anybody who knows it?

There is a description on BoardGameGeek. Seems to be a relatively obscure hex and counter game from 1982

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/4813

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:48 am 

If anyone is interested in Tunnels & Trolls RPG's check out this:

[/url]
[url]

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:17 am 

Huge D&D cartoon PvC figures collection, getting bids the second time around (currently at min. bid @ $225):  

There was another set that sold within the last week+ that included Venger or whatever the missing one is in this set....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:52 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Blade Runner boardgame:

One of these was sold in the rarities auction at Gen Con.  

I am such a mug - stick it up on ebay, tell me it is: (a) a game and (b) it is rare, and there I am a few days later, hammering away at the keyboard in the last few seconds.  I will let people know what it is like to play when it arrives.

As to price, cheaper than Gencon, but twice the last one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0176901170

:lol:   I will put it down as an Xmas present to myself.  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:30 am 

red_bus wrote:

I am such a mug - stick it up on ebay, tell me it is: (a) a game and (b) it is rare, and there I am a few days later, hammering away at the keyboard in the last few seconds.  I will let people know what it is like to play when it arrives.

As to price, cheaper than Gencon, but twice the last one...

:lol:   I will put it down as an Xmas present to myself.  :D

Cool!  Look at it this way...even if the game sucks it is still one out of only 100 made, is based on one of the most amazing movies ever made, and....well didn't I say it was super-rare?  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:44 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:Not an eBay listing but for anybody looking for a copy of Beyond the Mountains of Madness to use for gameplay, Chaosium has one listed at 50% off in their "Boo Boo Books" section.

http://catalog.chaosium.com/index.php?cPath=28

Thanks for the pointer, Jason, this arrived today.  I seem to recall that the s/c version came with a big poster map of Antartica, which doesn't seem to be present in the h/c reissue??

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:49 pm 

According to the page selling copies of the map, there is supposed to be one included with BtMoM: http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_inf ... ucts_id=71

However, I've never seen the book, so I can't say for sure.  (You bastard.  I'd just decided to bite the bullet and buy that when you did. :lol: So what appears to be the "boo boo" to this copy?)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:54 pm 

For some reason they left out the poster in the hardcover.

I had also picked up the handouts book and it did not have the poster either.

Also, following is the errata that I noted while going through it and forwarded to Chaosium. (Some of it is picky, but some can stop a keeper in mid-game who is looking for information).

Notes made while reading through the hardcover edition of the Chaosium
Beyond the Mountains of Madness

A few of these probably qualify to be considered for an errata entry, some of them are aesthetic and have no bearing on the book, other than perhaps stopping you from smoothly reading a sentence to its conclusion.

One general observation and it might be the text editor used or by design, but the first paragraphs after a section or subsection heading is consistently not indented.

Page 12 -- middle column -- references 16x20 map which is not included in the book

Page 29 -- middle column -- last paragraph -- "fit-ting" should not be hyphenated

Page 33 -- middle column -- lines 11 and 12 are compressed together

Page 35 -- middle column -- "Aftershocks" last paragraph refers to clipping 3.1 and it should be 1.3

Page 39 -- middle column 2nd paragraph 16th line -- "how-ever" should not be hyphenated

Page 43 -- first column 3rd paragraph 10th line -- "detec-tive" should not be hyphenated

Page 61 -- 1st column "Pieces of the Puzzle" paragraph 7th line -- "Re-luc" should not be hyphenated & 9th line -- "Roer-ich" should not be hyphenated

Page 71 -- middle column -- bottom of paragraph references plan of aft rooms on page 268 and the plan actually is on page 270

Page 72 -- 1st paragraph refers to cabin 30 on the next page. The information is actually on the same page

Page 93 -- 3rd column -- 2nd paragraph "Stark-weather" should not be hyphenated

Page 122 -- 1st column -- "Danforth at Work" section -- last line missing the page number of the new spell, it is on page 177

Page 123 -- 1st column -- lines 3 and 4 are compressed

Page 126 -- 1st column -- 3rd paragraph 9th line -- "Lex-ing" should not be hyphenated

Page 136 -- 1st column -- where it refers to seeing "Hanger H2 after clearing" it took me some time leafing through the pages to locate -- it would be of assistance to point the reader to page 150 for this entry

Page 141 -- 1st column -- "The Locator Stone" section 2nd paragraph 10th line --
"no-tice" should not be hyphenated

Page 141 -- 1st column -- "The Locator Stone" section last paragraph -- it would help to point the reader to page 273 when referring to chapter 16 since the information that this entry points to is buried in a paragraph without a specific heading

Page 173 -- middle column -- In the reference to the Second day -5ºF (-37ºC) there is a conversion problem. -37ºC = -34.6ºF. (I did not think to check any of the previous temperatures for accuracy, it was just that this one was obviously way off the mark)

Page 173 -- 3rd column -- "The Lexington Party, Dec 5" 1st paragraph 10th line "Antarc-tic" should not be hyphenated & 11th line "untrain-ed" should not be hyphenated

Page 177 -- middle column -- last paragraph refers to the new skill section before the prologue. It is actually on page 412.

Page 206 -- 3rd column -- "Elder Thing Parkas" section refers to "Entry Dome(page 208)" that information is actually on the same page (206)

Page 239 -- middle column -- 2nd paragraph -- reference is made to "roll on the Aircraft Failure Chart" -- this was difficult to locate and is actually in Appendix 2 on page 307

Page 255 -- "People Still in the City" section -- last entry has "Halperin256" with the 256 being meaningless in that context (reference to following page #?)

Page 261 -- 3rd column -- end of 3rd paragraph "Statistics for the Shoggoth are at the end of this chapter" the information that line refers to is actually on the opposite page #260

Note: I have not gone through the appendix sections critically

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:53 am 

The incorrect page references are put there to cause sanity damage to the reader, thus creating a more authentic & thus enjoyable experience.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:41 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:For some reason they left out the poster in the hardcover.

Hmph.  That's annoying.  

jasonw1239 wrote:I had also picked up the handouts book and it did not have the poster either.

That's even more annoying (though I didn't buy the handouts; is the handouts the same as the old Antartic Expedition Pack??  I really should brush up on my non-Pagan CoC reading, it seems :D ).  

jasonw1239 wrote:Also, following is the errata that I noted while going through it and forwarded to Chaosium. (Some of it is picky, but some can stop a keeper in mid-game who is looking for information).

Note: I have not gone through the appendix sections critically

Thanks, Jason, I'll definitely print this to insert into the book!  

PS - you mentioned you're writing another monograph; which ones have you written thus far?

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:12 am 

grodog wrote:PS - you mentioned you're writing another monograph; which ones have you written thus far?

Edit: The handouts book is just a perfect bound book of the pages from the handout section at the back of the BtMoM hardcover so that you do not have to break the spine photocopying them.
It is only a book and not comparable with the original expedition pack.

In September Chaosium published Undying Leaders. Which is actually the first thing I ever had published.
It is not listed in their catalog at the moment (hopefully the first printing sold out).

There is some information about the monograph available in the Yog-sothoth wiki.

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.p ... ng_Leaders

In October I was one of the winners in their Halloween contest and have a scenario included in their Halloween Horror Returns monograph.

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.php? ... =0&thold=0

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 113123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 111112113