Goodman Games - AD&D GenCon DCC 12.5 special...
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:21 pm 

...arrived in the mail today.  I hope to spend some time reading it soon; after all of the fun we had playingtesting it, I'll enjoy seeing all the little things we missed, I'm sure :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:41 pm 

grodog wrote:...arrived in the mail today.  I hope to spend some time reading it soon; after all of the fun we had playingtesting it, I'll enjoy seeing all the little things we missed, I'm sure :D

How many were printed?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:50 am 

...well, not sure to understand, but afaik DDC 12.5 is just like any other common adventure module...  :?  why sould it be "collectable"?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:52 am 

It'll be good to compare the 2 and see if there were any changes after all (spelling mistakes fixed etc).

I can't remember from the forums whether there were going to be any. If no changes were made it'll make distinguishing the actual ones sold at the Con (ie original 60) impossible to distinguish from the reprint.

I'll have to wait until mine arrives (snail mail) unless someone can do it earlier.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:58 am 

aia wrote:
...well, not sure to understand, but afaik DDC 12.5 is just like any other common adventure module...    why sould it be "collectable"?

Only originally available at the Con with only 60 originals. If any changes made would make it very limited, so not exactly common in that sense.

If the futher print is indistinguishable then that effects it's 'limited status', and thus collectibility to some.

DDC12.5 (1E edition) has the 'yellow' border-line to distinguish it from the other store sold 3/3.5(?) edition.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:59 am 

aia wrote:
...well, not sure to understand, but afaik DDC 12.5 is just like any other common adventure module...    why sould it be "collectable"?

Only originally available at the Con with only 60 originals. If any changes made would make it very limited, so not exactly common in that sense.

If the futher print is indistinguishable then that effects it's 'limited status', and thus collectibility to some.

DDC12.5 (1E edition) has the 'yellow' border-line to distinguish it from the other store sold 3/3.5(?) edition.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:56 am 

When I emailed Goodman Games they said that there would be some changes to the map lebelling to correct errors that crept in when they were rushing to print for Gencon.  I think they also mentioned possiblt correcting some typos.  

Thanks to Shane (thanks again !!!!!!) I will be able to check the original vs. any reprints when they arrive in the post.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:58 am 

I might add that it is a fantastic, clever and dramatic module.  For anyone who is playing with their beloved characters I imagine it would be truly terrifying - on a Tomb of Horrors scale...  :twisted:

By the way Allen - did you think that the 1E characters had too many hit points?

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:35 am 

red_bus wrote:For anyone who is playing with their beloved characters I imagine it would be truly terrifying - on a Tomb of Horrors scale...

well, then it looses completely its appeal...  :( ...in my opinion ToH is one of the worst module of the 1st edition...

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:30 am 

I think you misunderstand me.  

I didn't say that it was similar to Tomb of Horrors.  The DDC12.5 (1E edition) is a very challenging module and it has plenty of deadly threats - so that it might be as terrifying as Tomb of Horrors to play with a beloved character.  But, if you don't think S1 is a scary module to play - then I could say "as terrifying as G3".

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:51 am 

red_bus wrote:But, if you don't think S1 is a scary module to play - then I could say "as terrifying as G3".

ah-ahhh... now its completely different! then its ok! i changed my mind if you compare it with G3... :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:38 am 

aia wrote:
well, then it looses completely its appeal...  :( ...in my opinion ToH is one of the worst module of the 1st edition...

nah S1 is an excellent module. you italians have no taste :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:47 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
nah S1 is an excellent module. you italians have no taste :)

Al

prob we dont love secret doors or fake passages like you, british people! :D

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:24 pm 

We love secret doors - perhaps because we have too much to hide...  8O  :oops:   :D

Let's go fly a kite

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:22 pm 

red_bus wrote:When I emailed Goodman Games they said that there would be some changes to the map lebelling to correct errors that crept in when they were rushing to print for Gencon.  I think they also mentioned possiblt correcting some typos.  

That's what I heard from Joseph Goodman as well.  IIRC he didn't state the print run for the 2nd/corrected printing, though I imagine it's still quite small, overall (probably no more than a few hundred copies).  

red_bus wrote:By the way Allen - did you think that the 1E characters had too many hit points?

While playingtesting, I didn't think so ;)  I haven't read it yet, so I'm only familiar with the PC that I ran, not the others.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:35 pm 

So, I hope for both sellers and buyers that DCC #12.5 ADD ltd Gencon edition is easy to distinguish from its reprint...

One from Gencon

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:31 pm 

le Rahib wrote:So, I hope for both sellers and buyers that DCC #12.5 ADD ltd Gencon edition is easy to distinguish from its reprint...

One from Gencon

I was watching that one, and didn't see any questions posted.  As I haven't got my 2nd print yet I can tell if the covers are different.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:41 pm 

I haven't got my 2nd prints either - I think that some people have bought quite a few so we will no doubt see some more on ebay.  Worth watching to see how they are described...

Let's go fly a kite

Next