Valuation question
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:37 pm 

Hello all, new member here..

I am looking to find the valuation of a OOP Role Aids module called Blasted Land. It is a Red/Orange folder, with a couple rips. I have heard/read that this is worth anywhere from 200-800 dollars.

Let me tell you that made my eyes bug out.. and so I am thinking that I need to find out if this is true. Any pointing to web sites that might have a list price for this module?

-Porkuslime

2+2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:47 pm 

"with a couple rips" 150-250 mebbe 275 tops. pix?

who said or wrote 800 for a perfect one?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:54 pm 

$150-200 normally.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:55 pm 

Blasted Lands is definitely one of the more rare ones that a lot of people here are still looking for.  Condition definitely plays a role if you want the big bucks for it.  You probably really need to define a couple rips to clearly state condition.  I would guess that a nice copy would go for $400???

There haven't been too many of these auctioned over the past few years but maybe Blackmoor and Killjoy would push it up there or fantasymuseum and lofenloc.

In any case, I don't think you would have a problem getting at least $200 for it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:21 am 

I didn't think BL had broken $200 in the recent auction, but then my memory's not that great ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:51 am 

I don't remember the exact final price but I recall Killjoy and Blackmoor fighting over one of the Mayfair ones and it ending up what I thought to be ridiculously high.  They probably remember the details better than me - Blackmoor?  Killjoy?

I paid $168 for Beastmaker Mountain in really nice shape and thought at the time this was reasonable.  My impression is that BL is harder to find.  Also, a lot of rare nonTSR items have been going for very high prices lately.  I think maybe the question should be ... does Lofenloc and FantasyMuseum each have a copy of this one already?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:35 am 

The BL me and Killjoy fought over was perfect and the bid went to about $400.00 which was a record price.  Condition is obviously the main reason it went so high.  The folders on these are always ripped.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:19 am 

Ah, thanks for clarifying my memory guys.

So, why is it that BL and BM don't sell for the same prices, when they're both 750 copy print runs?  The only appreciable difference between the two that I know of is that BL actually says that it's a limited edition whereas BM doesn't....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:50 am 

grodog wrote:Ah, thanks for clarifying my memory guys.

So, why is it that BL and BM don't sell for the same prices, when they're both 750 copy print runs?  The only appreciable difference between the two that I know of is that BL actually says that it's a limited edition whereas BM doesn't....

That's probably the answer right there!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:40 pm 

Thanks for the help folks..

if you are interested in seeing pictures of the Blasted Lands module I have, I have a link to my flickr page that I can send you..

I am thinking I need to sell it, due to life-related issues, which is a pity..

-Porkuslime

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:37 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:The BL me and Killjoy fought over was perfect and the bid went to about $400.00 which was a record price.  Condition is obviously the main reason it went so high.  The folders on these are always ripped.

hey peeps

fwiw, jeff bid just a touch over $300 and i topped him. i think (without looking as i printed the auction page for reference at home), i think it was about $320.

i doubt that it would go any higher than that and the one i have is in VERY nice condition indeedy AND don't forget too, who was selling it, which always has an impact on the sale too (burnie bros).

i think one in the condition mentioned would squeeze "maybe" up to $200 tops, unless you had a few ppl willing to fight for it. after all, it really is somewhat rare and crops up far less than most of the other rares thats for sure. more woodgrains have cropped up than this. i can only remember about 3 in the last 2 years.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:58 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
hey peeps

fwiw, jeff bid just a touch over $300 and i topped him. i think (without looking as i printed the auction page for reference at home), i think it was about $320.

8O  8O  8O  I found in the Old Warehouse of Wonders a copy of Blasted Lands (in shrinkwrap!) AND a copy of Beastmaker Mountain. I wondered if they were worth something... Gasp! I'm happy now  :D  :D  :D  (yes, they are both for sale on EBay UK... :wink: ).

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:04 am 

Alexander1968 wrote: 8O  8O  8O  I found in the Old Warehouse of Wonders a copy of Blasted Lands (in shrinkwrap!) AND a copy of Beastmaker Mountain. I wondered if they were worth something... Gasp! I'm happy now  :D  :D  :D  (yes, they are both for sale on EBay UK... :wink: ).

Shall be interesting to see what the SW Blasted Lands goes for.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:22 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Shall be interesting to see what the SW Blasted Lands goes for.

ShaneG.

I'm curious  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:39 pm 

Prepare yourselves:  it will be a lot, and the first thing I'm going to do with it is open the shrinkwrap.  :twisted:

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:44 pm 

bombadil wrote:Prepare yourselves:  it will be a lot, and the first thing I'm going to do with it is open the shrinkwrap.  :twisted:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh wait, I would do the same thing and have on many occasions.
Good Luck!

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:12 am 

If anyone still wants to see scans of the Blasted Lands that I am offering, please let me know.

-Porkuslime

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:22 am 

porkuslime wrote:If anyone still wants to see scans of the Blasted Lands that I am offering, please let me know.

-Porkuslime

I'd like to see them.  If you don't want to post them here, you can send them to my email address:  [email protected].

-Stephen

Let mirth prevail!

Next