Tabletop Warriors Fantasy Adventures
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:02 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:original dragon #37 is favorite of mine + must be collectible darlene but above $1000 limit am sure ;) ;)
good to have you here + thanks for your work + that check on first commercial commish. does help to know!!

Are you saying my work is in Dragon #37?  I didn't think they ever ran any of my stuff.  

(And, don't call me Darlene.  You may want to scream my name someday, and you want to be sure you get it right.)

Comfort the disturbed, and disturb the comfortable.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:07 pm 

HannaFate wrote:
Are you saying my work is in Dragon #37?  I didn't think they ever ran any of my stuff.  

(And, don't call me Darlene.  You may want to scream my name someday, and you want to be sure you get it right.)

Darlene/Darla===Two different artists, Rakeesh.  

Darla, I believe I saw your fine work on another gaming product of the early 90s, I want to say it was a Palladium product. Do you (or anyone else) remember which one it was?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:53 am 

That would most likely be Task Force Games.  I did quite a bit for them in the 90's

Central Casting, Dungeons and Heroes of Legend, Graduation Exercize and a couple of other spot illustrations.

Badmike wrote:
Darlene/Darla===Two different artists, Rakeesh.  

Darla, I believe I saw your fine work on another gaming product of the early 90s, I want to say it was a Palladium product. Do you (or anyone else) remember which one it was?

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:57 pm 

HannaFate wrote:That would most likely be Task Force Games.  I did quite a bit for them in the 90's

Central Casting, Dungeons and Heroes of Legend, Graduation Exercize and a couple of other spot illustrations.

That makes sense, now that I remember, I sold some of the TFG items recently, I must have been flipping through and saw some illos.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:11 pm 

Well, I have autographed 13 copies of Tabletop Warriors, and put them in the mail.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:29 pm 

HannaFate wrote:Well, I have autographed 13 copies of Tabletop Warriors, and put them in the mail.

Thanks Darla!!!!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:40 am 

FYI, the five auction copies have been paid for and distributed, thanks for everyone who placed a bid, it really helped in deciding what to charge for these when they go onsale.  Later this month I hope to have one of the signed and numbered copies on Ebay for an auction, and next month hopefully we will get the "regular" copies up for sale, first on The Acaeum, then later in my Ebay store.  Thanks everyone!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:08 am 

So is signed numbered copy 001 going up for auction? Or does it already have pride of place in someone's collection?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:24 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So is signed numbered copy 001 going up for auction? Or does it already have pride of place in someone's collection?

#1 and #3 will be taken (Lane and myself).  Thus there will be only 11 copies available in this format, I believe.  Due to the process (I could only ship what I had at the time to Darla) of the 11 copies available, some are definitely in a little better condition than others, with some having the spine fading common on about 25% of the copies.  So please be aware that the first copies auctioned will be the nicer NM ones, if you wait you may or may not get a truly "NM" copy.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:16 am 

Four Copies of Tabletop Warriors For Sale!

Slight delay in getting the signed and numbered copies up for auction, due to conflicting schedules. Right now, I have four copies left of the "regular" copies that I am going to sell on the Acaeum only; the larger roll-out will not appear until later in the year or early next year.  As stated, four copies here, all in very slightly less than NM shape…all have one very small blemish on the front or back, or wear along the spine (lightening of the blue color all along the spine which probably indicates light or sun damage at some point of the last 25 years or so).  These are going to be $40 each, plus shipping ($6 domestic, $11 Canada, $13 overseas).  I only have these at hand right now, and I would ask anyone already having a copy to let someone else get a shot at one of these before you get a chance to buy another (should you want).  In the future, copies will sell in the $35-$45 range depending on condition; these are at least excellent if not just below NM.  If you want a "perfect" copy you might want to wait, as there are tiny imperfections on all these (but as I look, there appear to be less and less in "perfect" shape as storage and age has taken it's toll).
First come first served with these.  By the end of the year, I hopefully will have more to offer in this shape, enough for everyone on the Acaeum that wants one. At that time we will also be auctioning the first of the signed and numbered copies on ebay (there are 13 copies in all signed by both author Lane Renfro and artist Darla Hallmark).  

Please PM me if you want a copy, thanks!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:10 pm 

Segal wrote:That booklet is my work that was created in 1983-1984.  The inital print run was about 1000 copies, most of which I still have :P    It was never distributed except for a dozen copies that I gave to an old Friend who owned Nan's Toys and Games in Houston Texas.

Holy crap. I forgot about what I had all these years until Badmike mentioned the book recently & I looked up this thread. I purchased Tabletop Warriors from Nan's in 1986, where it was kept on the same rack as the OD&D stock.

I don't remember why I bought it in the first place, but it's old-school qualities definitely led me to look for more of the same. When I acquired a white box the next year, Tabletop Warriors went right into it.

All in all it's a great book - either the last of the true old school, or the first of the retro-clones. My copy has a $9.00 Nan's price sticker, discoloration on the spine similar to the other existing copies, & a card stapled to the back cover (which I didn't see mentioned on this thread).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:23 pm 

sauromatian wrote:
Holy crap. I forgot about what I had all these years until Badmike mentioned the book recently & I looked up this thread. I purchased Tabletop Warriors from Nan's in 1986, where it was kept on the same rack as the OD&D stock.

I don't remember why I bought it in the first place, but it's old-school qualities definitely led me to look for more of the same. When I acquired a white box the next year, Tabletop Warriors went right into it.

All in all it's a great book - either the last of the true old school, or the first of the retro-clones. My copy has a $9.00 Nan's price sticker, discoloration on the spine similar to the other existing copies, & a card stapled to the back cover (which I didn't see mentioned on this thread).

Sauro;

I would be interested in learning more about this card, as none of the 50-odd copies I've gotten from Lane had a card attached.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:28 am 

The card is a tan parchment, about 2" x 3" with this text:

EZ REFERENCE MONETARY
               GUIDE
---------------------------------------------
TYPE                                GOLD VALUE
PLATTER                        1/200th
TRAY                             1/67 th
DAIN                             1/20 th
SORD                            1/10 th
SEACOIN                       1/4   th
TEL or DISK                   1/2   th
CROWN                         1
ROYAL                           2
CASTLE                         5
KING'S COIN                 10
RELM                            10
KING'S CASTLE              20
HALF MOON                   25
FULL MOON                    50
KING'S RELM                 100
-------------------------------------------

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:44 am 

sauromatian wrote:The card is a tan parchment, about 2" x 3" with this text:

EZ REFERENCE MONETARY
               GUIDE
TYPE                                GOLD VALUE
PLATTER                        1/200th
TRAY                             1/67 th
DAIN                             1/20 th
SORD                            1/10 th
SEACOIN                       1/4   th
TEL or DISK                   1/2   th
CROWN                         1
ROYAL                           2
CASTLE                         5
KING'S COIN                 10
RELM                            10
KING'S CASTLE              20
HALF MOON                   25
FULL MOON                    50
KING'S RELM                 100
-------------------------------------------

Awesome Sauro!  Yours is the only copy with the tan parchment sheet.  Lane had his copies of TTW stored in a box in his garage, either the sheets were thrown away or are in a box that hasn't been discovered yet. Sounds like something they added later after realizing there was no monetary conversion chart in the book.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:56 am 

If you find extra copies of these cards, Mike, any chance those of us who've bought the book could get one?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:21 am 

grodog wrote:If you find extra copies of these cards, Mike, any chance those of us who've bought the book could get one?

I second that request.
But I suspect the card will be a rarity.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:05 am 

grodog wrote:If you find extra copies of these cards, Mike, any chance those of us who've bought the book could get one?

Definitely.  I have detailed records of sales due to getting paid a commission from Lane. But I suspect if Lane has not found them by now, they no longer exist. Then again he may come across a box of these...

By the fact no copies I've seen have staple marks in the back, I suspect these were added later, probably before they were put on sale.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:53 am 

Still, the table transcript is a good step forward. Could have been something added in store, or sheets that were photocopied and kept in an envelope and disposed of decades ago.

PreviousNext