Skyrealms of Jorune
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:51 pm 

Has anyone ever seen a first edition jorune? The site linked above mentions it but shows no scan.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:12 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Has anyone ever seen a first edition jorune? The site linked above mentions it but shows no scan.

There is a scan of the cover on Waynes books on Amazon.. he doesn't have one, just a stock photo.. he prob sold one in the past

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:55 am 

Hi,

anyone know a rough value for Shanthas please?

I've never sen one come up on Ebay.

Cheers,
Malc

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:00 am 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

anyone know a rough value for Shanthas please?

I've never sen one come up on Ebay.

Cheers,
Malc

I haven't been looking I'm afraid.. there is The Iscin Races one as well... any more? do you know where you could get these from??

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:10 am 

Well according to the main site, Shanthas and Playing the Iscin Races were the only two GenCon releases.

There was a French site linked to www.jorune.org that I thought had scans of these for download, but the site is now offline. I thought that I had downloaded about everything I could on Jorune, but can't find them now. The main site has a link to download shanthas, but it doesn't work.

I imagine the two GenCon items are very rare and would easily fetch $50 to $100 if put up for auction. I would certainly bid in that range. One would have to check carefully though that they were originals and not copies.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:51 am 

Hi,

thanks.

I noticed a copy of Earth-Tec go this week for $70.00 I have a couple of copies of those, and have been waiting for AGES for one to sell on Ebay!
(Dont ask me why I don't sell them there, I just don't!)

My Shanthas looks genuine. Could it be a candidate for the Gencon Indy auction?

Cheers,
Malc

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:53 am 

I'm in process of trying to find more Jorune material, myself. Its not so easy - its either snapped up as soon as it appears, or much higher than I am willing to spend. So, perhaps I must re-evaluate my willingness to spend.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:55 pm 

I'm after the Earth-Tec , the 2 pamphletts and the first printing...

Has anyone seen the mask that they had for sale? anyone seen any/ heard of anyone that had one?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:26 pm 

I am the buyer of the Earth Tec.

When I went to bed at about midnight, I was the leading bidder with $28. I actually set my alarm for 4am, ten minutes before the auction closed to put in a snipe. The reason I bid so high is I have been scanning ebay, amazon and abebooks for two years and have never seen one.

My top bid was around $72 (33GBP). Someone else sniped at the same time with 31.76GBP - so I only just won.

It is probably too much to pay, but like Brette, I am after the same items, and I didn't want to let it pass me by. If you have two copies of these (envy, envy), I think you could relatively easily sell one for the same price $70 if it is in good condition.

I do not have a Burdoth either - Wayne's World of Books (WWB) has one listed for $70. I felt that is a bit more common so have been waiting for one to come up on Ebay.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:01 pm 

I must admit I haven't been looking all that hard.. I've only just started to really look into what I'm missing in the various systems.. do you have the essays at all? from a previous post of mine over on ToT...

" I was wondering if anyone had the Essay Pack #1 SR851? I recently picked them up, they are just loose pieces of paper that at one stage had been stapled (atleast the first 8 to each other) Does anyone know if they came packaged in some way.. a cover maybe?... The item description in some of their advertising say that there are 10 essays. The Jorune site at http://www.jorune.org/essays.html lists some of them (but not all). The first 7 are correct, the 8th is about the various clothing of Jorne, the 9th/10th is 8th one listed (it seems that there are 2 essays together on this). I also have another that is listed copyright 1987, Skyrealms Publishing Inc. (all the other are Copyright 1986, Skyrealms Publishing) that describes various Jorune Holidays (Is this 10th one or another one? unsure...) I have no idea what the 9th essay listed on the site is but its from the 3rd edition.. maybe published in White wolf magazine?.."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:39 pm 

No I have never seen the Essays other than those links on the site. Are they well presented or just in the style of typed sheets? I wouldn't mind seeing a scan of one of them. Perhaps we should try to make up a list of all known items.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:15 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:No I have never seen the Essays other than those links on the site. Are they well presented or just in the style of typed sheets? I wouldn't mind seeing a scan of one of them. Perhaps we should try to make up a list of all known items.

The html pages listed above look almost exactly the same as the essays, fonts may be slightly different, but generally there is no difference, what you see on the site is what you get.. although there is one or 2 different/missing on the site as noted I think...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:12 pm 

I've been following Jorune on ebay for a number of years (about 10 I believe). I haven't been entirely consistent over these years, but I don't believe many rare items have slipped my notice(I had active e-mail notifications from ebay for a significant part of the time).

In those years I have only seen the 1st edition for sale once (Actually the same book was put up for sale twice, but didn't sell the first time) - I bought it for $ 29 (iirc). It was in ok condition, except someone had spilt some red liquid on it - which shows, and which would probably make the condition poor.

I have seen the Shanthas for sale twice - once in a lot which I bought together with the boxed set, the essays, the Iscin races, earth-tec and Ardoth for about $ 75 iirc.

Once separately which went for about $ 60-70 I think - I bid about $ 50.
The same seller also sold Playing the Iscin Races which I bough for $ 36 iirc.

These auctions were all some years back - I have not seen any of these items since.

I have never seen the first ed supplement "Maustin-Caji" for sale on ebay, although I bought it toghether with an excellent condition 1st ed. from an antique bookstore on amazon for a rather steep $ 500.

Later I sold all the doublettes (except the poor 1st ed book) as a lot to a fellow Norwgian collector for $ 75.

I think the Jorune essay pack was first sold in 1986 as a collection of 9 essays. Then in 1987 an essay number 10 was added. I have the 1987 collection. It consists of a number of Xeroxed pages stapled together, and the essays were numbered with a pen (before photocopying) in the top right corner. The contents are the same as the ones on Jorune.org, but the text in the "official" essays utilises the standard Skyrealms-font, and the first page of each essay contains the Skyrealms-logo. The numbering of my essays are not identical to the numbering of the essays on Jorune.org, and essay number 10 from 1987 (Jorune holidays) is not there a far as I can see.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:48 pm 

That is an accurate description of my essays... I had forgotten about "Maustin-Caji".. I'm after that as well;)

OK this is what i have listed for Jornue

1st ed
Skyrealms of Journe (1st ed)
Maustin-Caji

2nd ed
Gire of Sillipus, The
Innocents of Gauss
Playing the Iscin Races
Shanthas of Jorune

Sholari Pack, The
Sobayid Atlas, The
Skyrealms of Journe (2nd ed)

3rd ed
Companion Journe: Ardoth
Companion Journe: Burdoth
Earth-Tec
Essay pack #1
Jorune Rules Supplement
Skyrealms of Journe (3rd ed boxed)

Fanzines
Sarceen's Knowledge (1 issue)
Sholari (3 issues)
Bokelby's Folly (3 issues)
Journal of the Tansoor Historical Society (1 issue)

Other
Alien Logic (Computer Game)
Rubber Mask (of a Shanthas from memory?)

(in bold the ones I'm after..hehehe.. I think thats most of the items)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:55 pm 

Brette - your list seems to be comprehensive, but the order is a bit confusing. I would list them like this (chronologically):

1st ed
Skyrealms of Journe (1st ed soft cover book)
Maustin-Caji

2nd ed
Skyrealms of Journe (2nd ed boxed set)
Companion Journe: Burdoth
Essay pack #1
Jorune Rules Supplement
Companion Journe: Ardoth
Earth-Tec
Playing the Iscin Races
Shanthas of Jorune

3rd ed
Skyrealms of Journe (3rd ed soft cover book)
Innocents of Gauss
Sholari Pack, The
Sobayid Atlas, The
Gire of Sillipus, The

Fanzines
Sarceen's Knowledge (1 issue)
Sholari (3 issues)
Borkelby's Folly (3 issues)
Journal of the Tansoor Historical Society (1 issue)

Other
Alien Logic (Computer Game)
Rubber Mask (of a Shanthas from memory?)
Several T-shirts
Poster of the 2nd ed. Boxed set cover
Review package (photocopies of reviews of the game)

The Jorune rules supplement was included with the later 2nd ed boxed sets. I think there may have been 2 or more versions of it (The one I have is dated 8/87). They also did at least 2 different versions of the character sheet included with the boxed set. The version I have is updated to reflect the rules in the rules supplement, but a friend of mine has an older version of the boxed set with the old character sheet. I have heard there was also an errata sheet for the 1st ed. book, but neither of mine came with one so I have not seen this. I have a Skyrealms catalogue from late 1987 that lists several other items but I'm unsure whether they ever got published.

Looking back I also see from some old receipts that my recollections of the prices of the items in my previous post were a bit off. I paid about $ 122 for the lot I mentioned, and the (only) copy of Shanthas I've seen sold on ebay went for $ 112. The other prices mentioned were only slightly inaccurate (on the low side).

As for the mask, my catalogue says there was a Corastin mask, but I have never seen this. I seem to remember there was a mention (don't remember where, but it may have been in White Wolf mag) of a guy running around with the Corastin mask on some Gencon.

I think there may only have been 2 issues of the Borkelbys Folly fanzine - I'd be interested to know if anyone has actually seen an issue number 3.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:24 pm 

muadra wrote:I think there may only have been 2 issues of the Borkelbys Folly fanzine - I'd be interested to know if anyone has actually seen an issue number 3.

http://robertdushay.home.mindspring.com ... Other.html :) :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:27 pm 

Sorry I did it alphabetical order as its listed in my collection;)  Issue 3 does exist, a scan of all 3 issues and contents can be found here... http://robertdushay.home.mindspring.com ... Other.html

From meory the mask was VERY expensive (as in 20 years ago it was VERY expensive $60??us I doubt there were many made for that price...)

(edit: dam someone beat me to it..LOL)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:38 pm 

Thanks for the info on the fanzine - now for how to lay ones hands on a copy...

My catalogue lists the price of the mask as $ 65 + $ 5 postage.

PreviousNext