R. Talsorian Alert
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:52 pm 

From Mike Pondsmith, R. Talsorian Games ([email protected]):

"...persons broke into a Public Storage space rented by RTG in the Seattle area... the thieves did make off with our entire Game Library, consisting of 35 boxes of games and materials from all over the industry.

Every book in the Library was marked by two or more distinct marks--- "R.Talsorian Games" stamped (with our old address) on the inside cover, and a florescent green dot on the outer cover. (See attached pics.)

Many of the books also have a pocket with a library card in it glued to the inside cover.  We (and the police) need to know if anyone in the industry comes across one or more of these books; if anyone tries to sell one to them... please keep an eye out for RTG's library copies so that we can hunt these guys down and put them behind bars.

-------------------------

fyi: The GenCon Auction 2006 will hold such items submitted for sale (if any) and provide owner/seller data to RTG within minutes of receiving the items.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:26 pm 

Geez..first Palladium (though that was an inside job) and now this.. :x

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:36 am 

ExTSR wrote:From Mike Pondsmith, R. Talsorian Games ([email protected]):

"...persons broke into a Public Storage space rented by RTG in the Seattle area... the thieves did make off with our entire Game Library, consisting of 35 boxes of games and materials from all over the industry.

Every book in the Library was marked by two or more distinct marks--- "R.Talsorian Games" stamped (with our old address) on the inside cover, and a florescent green dot on the outer cover. (See attached pics.)

[ Image ]

Many of the books also have a pocket with a library card in it glued to the inside cover.  We (and the police) need to know if anyone in the industry comes across one or more of these books; if anyone tries to sell one to them... please keep an eye out for RTG's library copies so that we can hunt these guys down and put them behind bars.

[ Image ]

-------------------------

fyi: The GenCon Auction 2006 will hold such items submitted for sale (if any) and provide owner/seller data to RTG within minutes of receiving the items.

Damn, that sucks.  :evil:

Hunt 'em down and bury them.  Go Go law enforcement!! :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:09 am 

Frank

it might be a good idea for you to list the items that are likely to be a part of these boxes. in this way, we can then keep an eye out specifically for things, rather than "cyberpunk" or "R.Talsorian Games" etc.

would allow everyone here to extend their searches much more efficiently.

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:53 am 

Tell them to stake out Wonderworld Books in Burien, and American Eagles north of Seattle.

These are the two game sumps of the Seattle area.  I will lurk Discordia Games in Bremerton.

Actually...I hope the thieves know what they have.  It would suck to see that stuff discarded.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:51 am 

The RTG stuff wouldn't be worth a lot, but 35 boxes of books from across the industry does give the theives a chance at having nabbed something of value.

~jeff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:02 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Actually...I hope the thieves know what they have.  It would suck to see that stuff discarded.

35 boxes of games have to be pretty heavy.  I can't imagine someone would run off with 35 heavy boxes without knowing they were valuable.  

I don't like the thought of any collection being trashed.  I'd much rather think the theives were hired by an ailing 92 year old multi-millionaire rpg collector who was willing to go to any lengths to achieve completeness before he dies.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:55 pm 

I didn't pass along everything I got from RTG, but suffice to say that the thieves were well-prepared and only took valuable library items (in bulk, and heavy as you've noted), leaving other RTG publications and materials that were far less valuable or collectible.

:x

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:59 pm 

I'm sure it was well-planned; they obviously used a truck. The strong possibility exists that they are well-aware of the books being marked, and have made provisions accordingly.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:31 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I'm sure it was well-planned; they obviously used a truck. The strong possibility exists that they are well-aware of the books being marked, and have made provisions accordingly.

Or if they did not know and used the web to check on values they probably  found this site eventually...and do now  :cry:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:43 pm 

I was going to mention earlier that posting any info about the theft might not be the best idea. PM's might have been better.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:37 pm 

I guess I didn't really pay attention to the details.  If they stole 32 boxes of paper, they worked hard and they knew what they were stealing.   :(

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."