The Blue Camel
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:02 pm 

Plaag wrote:I have those 3 FASA modules for TW..how much do they usually go for? (or how much did they go for on Ebay?)

Depends on condition, Shane.  Generally the don't do well alone, but the prices seem to go up when sold all together (relatively uncommon listings), and they definitely drive up the prices of a TW box set when sold with that.  

And welcome back, Mike <improvstone> :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:54 am 

grodog wrote:And welcome back, Mike <improvstone> :D

Thanks Allan.... I will try and free up some time and focus on the activities I promised to start last year ...

Brian thanks for the update . You guys have been busy! Need to check but do we have a thread for yearly updates ... a thread which lists the major yearly events?

Marlith wrote:I keep hoping to see information on the Blue Camel, the Green Fairy or even the yellow submarine not yet another PDF discussion.

Marlith you speak with wisdom beyond your years  :D  ...  Certainly we should be focusing the elements which make this forum great.  

I for one am a fan of the Thieves World books ... and Myth Inc. for that matter.  Which reminds me that I should get on ebay and look for the books I am missing in my collection. The concept of bringing well known writers together and creating a common world which they could base their own characters in was brilliant!

However, even though I liked the books I never played Thieves World RPG.  What was it like?  any good?  Were the characters transcribed into an AD&D setting at all?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:48 am 

improvstone wrote:
grodog wrote:And welcome back, Mike <improvstone> :D

Thanks Allan.... I will try and free up some time and focus on the activities I promised to start last year ...

Brian thanks for the update . You guys have been busy! Need to check but do we have a thread for yearly updates ... a thread which lists the major yearly events?

I don't know of one, but that would be a worthwhile project:  an annual review of the state of D&D collecting, with highlights (and lowlights?), including noteworthy auctions (Tsojconths, Invernesses, etc.), new manuscripts/printings/etc., non-TSR, et cetera.

improvstone wrote:However, even though I liked the [Thieves World] books I never played Thieves World RPG.  What was it like?  any good?  Were the characters transcribed into an AD&D setting at all?

Yes, the Chaosium rules were a supplement for D&D and AD&D and many other systems, and were relatively unique in that regard.  As with so many early Chaosium titles, this one was very high quality, and is well-worth picking up (if you're interested, I have a spare or two).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:51 am 

And I have the 3 early modules for sale: viewtopic.php?t=3823

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:02 am 

Very nice.  A score for whoever can snag them.  Somehow, taken altogether, they seem to be worth more as a group.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Previous