Here's a good argument for sniping.
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:15 pm 

Check out the bidding war between these two guys on this Runequest book:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Incidentally, anyone here know how valuable or rare this book is? I'm not too knowledgeable of Runequest items, but the current price seems high.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:41 pm 

Don't know how rare it is. I got mine for $5 long ago. I don't recall seeing another one since, but then again I haven't exactly been looking.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:50 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Check out the bidding war between these two guys on this Runequest book:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Incidentally, anyone here know how valuable or rare this book is? I'm not too knowledgeable of Runequest items, but the current price seems high.

I got over $50.00 when I sold mine a few years back, it is not very common.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:21 pm 

The Gateway Bestiary by Chaosium isn't that hard to find. It comes up on Ebay at least one or more times a month, sometimes weekly. I would expect to pay about $20 for one of these on average.

It was published as part of the Runequest line, but isn't Gloranthan. It does have the first published stats for some Cthulhu monsters though, and they are pre-Call of Cthulhu.

There's a little write-up on the Gateway Bestiary on my website:
http://www.glorantha.info/runequest/cha ... teway.html

Sorry about the missing pic of the front cover. I must have slipped up when last updating my website.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:51 pm 

rmeints wrote:The Gateway Bestiary by Chaosium isn't that hard to find. It comes up on Ebay at least one or more times a month, sometimes weekly. I would expect to pay about $20 for one of these on average.

It was published as part of the Runequest line, but isn't Gloranthan. It does have the first published stats for some Cthulhu monsters though, and they are pre-Call of Cthulhu.

There's a little write-up on the Gateway Bestiary on my website:
http://www.glorantha.info/runequest/cha ... teway.html

Sorry about the missing pic of the front cover. I must have slipped up when last updating my website.

Ah, so is glorantha.info your site? I've been using it lately to check on versions and editions. For whatever reason, I've gotten interested lately in collecting 1st and 2nd edition RQ stuff. You gotta fix your pics!  :P

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:21 pm 

rmeints wrote:It was published as part of the Runequest line, but isn't Gloranthan. It does have the first published stats for some Cthulhu monsters though, and they are pre-Call of Cthulhu.

'First published stats'... for RQ(?)... outwith fanzines(?)

*just checking, thanks* :)

(Thanks for the site, btw!)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:03 pm 

Yes, Glorantha.info is my personal website. I'll get the many missing cover scans reinstated this weekend. The files are there, they are just in the wrong folders.

The Cthulhu stats in the Gateway Bestiary are the first published RQ/BRP versions of some Cthulhu monsters that I am aware of. I have little doubt that somewhere, somebody, prior to the Bestiary being printed, probably wrote up a Cthulhu monster with D&D stats in some very limited print run fanzine or similar, but the Bestiary is the first game company product to do stats.

If anyone knows otherwise, please enlighten me. I take such info gladly and don't mind being proven wrong. Also, I am always happy to dicuss Chaosium related games. They are the bulk of my collecting habit. Some day I hope to write a book on their entire product lines. It would probably work out to look somewhat like the Meints Index to Glorantha (MIG) that I wrote in the 90s.

Regards,
Rick Meints

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:34 am 

I keep stumbling toward Glorantha on my way through Chaosium stuff.

I will probably have to start collecting it soon.

Hey, that's not a bad title:  Stumbling Toward Glorantha  

Sounds like something by John Steinbeck.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."